Forum › Posts by Yujacha

Yujacha Uploader
Rinpana_smol
Yujacha
joined Nov 15, 2016

Note that the original format was a thread on Twitter, with captions for certain page groupings:
- Page 1: Late spring of last year
- Page 2: Thinking she might have made a mistake
- Page 3: A troubled young soul
- Pages 4-6: (Continuation of the above in a separate tweet, no separate caption)
- Page 7: Back when I believed you when you said "I'm fine"

Didn't want to make 1-page chapters just for the captions so I just decided to dump it all at once. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

last edited at Jul 11, 2023 2:21AM

Rinpana_smol
Yujacha
joined Nov 15, 2016

So is LLLL the official 5th Generation of Love Live? or is it another SIFAS-only thing? and what's this about them being VTubers?

Is there any "unofficial" generation for Love Live...? Like, Nijigasaki started off as SIFAS-only but they ended up getting an anime, OVA, and a plethora of live events so it's hard to call them a side project. Though I guess the School Idol Musical series might be something that a chunk of the fandom doesn't recognize (especially overseas) because of its limited scope.

You can probably do some research on your own (there's plenty of info out there), but they're Vtubers in the sense that they do streams and stuff with 3D models of their characters. They've done everything from TikTok dances to doing covers of Vocaloid songs and even songs from the other LL groups! Though like the traditional LL model, the seiyuu participate in livestreams and events as well so there's that disconnect of character vs. seiyuu unlike in traditional Vtubers...? (All of my Vtuber knowledge is secondhand so feel free to correct me on this)

Speaking of which, please feel free to check out the Sehasu series on YouTube...they need to reach 500K views at some point to meet their goal...and if you can't understand Japanese, please check out the English subs from ONIBE (currently up to episode 3)! Though do make sure to watch the official video uploaded by staff since our re-upload doesn't count, of course.

But yeah, considering that they announced their 1st Live which will happen in autumn of this year, you can consider them a main group in the Love Live series. Just don't expect an anime anytime soon, because their whole schtick is having the LLLL in-app story progress in real-time (as in, they launched the app in the spring to coincide with the start of the school year).

For anyone who is hesitant about jumping in, I'll just say this: I've seen a lot of gay in Love Live, but somehow Hasunosora has managed to become the gayest LL group in the series already.

Rinpana_smol
Yujacha
joined Nov 15, 2016

Any news on Link Like LoveLive getting a global release so we can get to know these girls

My guess is as good as yours...though I would say that I personally am not expecting it to be any time soon for various reasons.

On the plus side, you have LunasTLs and Xinchan_ on Twitter who post regularly about Hasunosora, so you could give them a follow. Luna has Chapters 1 and 2 of the LLLL story translated on YouTube, I believe, and Xin has done some cute clips of their streams plus occasional summaries of the later chapters. I can say it's thanks to them that I even got into this group in the first place.

Yujacha Uploader
Rinpana_smol
Yujacha
joined Nov 15, 2016
Whoneedsdownywhenyouhaveayumu

@Raimundo The title of this comic is “Soft”, which refers to Ayumu being the secret ingredient that “softens” everything around her. That’s why scary snake Sasuke turned into his current meme form, and angry Shioriko turned into her current gentler form.

Yujacha Uploader
Rinpana_smol
Yujacha
joined Nov 15, 2016
Wtfayumuthatisactuallymean

Sequel to this.

Yujacha Uploader
Rinpana_smol
Yujacha
joined Nov 15, 2016

Based title

Thanks, I came up with it after rejecting some other ideas like:
- Gross PDA Couple YuuPomu
- Overdramatic Yuu (based on the artist’s original caption being like “i like kids who are over-the-top”)
- Manspreader Yuu

Then I decided to go with the core idea of Yuu not changing out of her gym clothes because she can’t openly spread her legs in polite company while wearing a skirt.

Also, my filenames for these pages are “yuupls”.

Yujacha Uploader
Rinpana_smol
Yujacha
joined Nov 15, 2016
Makingmusicwinkwink

Hmm, Riko and a Nijigasaki girl, huh?

Kanon is from Liella/Love Live Superstar, not Nijigasaki...?

I am also a fan of how Riko and Setsuna seem to bond over doujins though~

Yujacha Uploader
Rinpana_smol
Yujacha
joined Nov 15, 2016

Praise be mama Watanabe. Also You writing "I luv u Chika" is like the most embarrassing way to put it oh my god

The hearts and messy handwriting did give me the freedom to interpret it like that, haha~ There's also the fact that from what I've seen from this artist in these past years, their version of You happens to be a bit on the immature side...

But TBH, the real reason I went for that line is because the original text is literally "Chika-chan I love you" and ain't no way I was gonna be able to fit that into the box:

Yujacha Uploader
Rinpana_smol
Yujacha
joined Nov 15, 2016

Wait... who's the cuplrit? You's mom?

Yup. You was going to chicken out and give Chika regular chocolate, but Mama Watanabe secretly put the fancy yuri chocolate back into the bag.

Yujacha Uploader
Rinpana_smol
Yujacha
joined Nov 15, 2016
Makingmusicwinkwink

Does a Kanon x Riko tag exist? I kinda want this pairing to happen now...stressed-out musicians with right-skewed bangs who are probably hella gay? Match made in heaven.

The actual context is that the artist did a poll on Twitter based on the recent LL! Days magazine cover and these two ended up winning. Full details here: https://twitter.com/yujachachacha/status/1496698532425723911

Yujacha Uploader
Truth Game discussion 14 Apr 00:31
Rinpana_smol
Yujacha
joined Nov 15, 2016

When Rina remarked that she’s usually on the receiving end of kisses, my mind immediately jumped to Ai, pft.
But very cute comic- thank you! I always get this artist’s works in my feed so it’s nice to finally understand something from them :)

Literally my reaction on Twitter when I saw that part of the comic:

AiRina is justice.

I'm actually planning to translate more of their works - let me know if you have any suggestions on what I should go for next!

Welp. Turns out we were right, according to a tweet from the artist:

Oh man, this is funny... Yes, I did intentionally make it so that the Rina part in the Truth Game comic would make you think of a specific person, so don't worry.

Yujacha Uploader
Image Comments 13 Apr 23:53
Rinpana_smol
Yujacha
joined Nov 15, 2016
Omgicecream_tl

Probably unnecessary to add at this point, but context - the artist headcanons that Shizuku gets into character for her stage play scripts by saying phrases like "Heavens! Alas! Fie on thee!" IRL.

Yujacha Uploader
Truth Game discussion 13 Apr 23:13
Rinpana_smol
Yujacha
joined Nov 15, 2016

When Rina remarked that she’s usually on the receiving end of kisses, my mind immediately jumped to Ai, pft.
But very cute comic- thank you! I always get this artist’s works in my feed so it’s nice to finally understand something from them :)

Literally my reaction on Twitter when I saw that part of the comic:

AiRina is justice.

I'm actually planning to translate more of their works - let me know if you have any suggestions on what I should go for next!

Yujacha Uploader
Rinpana_smol
Yujacha
joined Nov 15, 2016

I was about to get so mad because there's a bunch of TL issues, like:
- The missing side text of Mari saying "I did use a curling iron today, heh heh..." in the second panel of page 2
- More missing side text on page 2, this time of Mari going "Dia~ Chikacchi~ Buon giorno!!", Chika saying "Mari-chan!" in response, and Dia going "You're so hyper even in the morning."
- Page 3 should be "IT'S A 4 NOW" rather than just "4".
- All the side text on page 4 missing: top panels had Mari going "Hi~", "Buon giorno~", "Heeeey~"; fifth panel has Mari going "If you're the one inviting me, of course I'll go<3" and Kanan replying with "Yeah...I'll make you dinner..."
- Might be me being nitpicky, but the "I've never been more serious in my life" line on page 4 is more like "I'm not playing around right now...!"
- Most of what Mari says in page 5 about Kanan vanishing/being replaced/getting hurt...where in the world did that come from? All Mari says is: "I dream that you disappear all of a sudden...then I'll wake up, drenched head to toe in a cold sweat... On those days, I don't stop feeling uneasy until I see you running towards me with a 'I'm right here!' and a big ol' hug..." That's what leads to Mari saying that she'll return the favor and give Kanan a big ol' hug in the morning.
- Page 8's "A little sus, isn't it?" is a veeeeery liberal interpretation of the actual line, "What dream?"
- Me reading the credits page: wait what, didn't Pito release this comic in January? wtf does Among Us have to do with anything, Pito's gotten into writing horror/mystery-style comics lately...

Then I realized what date this translation was published. :')

I still have issues with all the missing side text, though. Any plans to upload a corrected version?

Yujacha Uploader
Rinpana_smol
Yujacha
joined Nov 15, 2016

So, like, is every HP fanfic cursed with the "My patronus is related to my crush and now I can't tell anyone"?

Also how many Dementors are attacking these kids? Why are there so many of them? How come the kids constantly half concious when their friend decides a patronus is nesessary?

I have to assume that literally all of them take place during Harry's enrollment, the Dementors are only there because of him.

Yes, because everyone has massive boners for angst/unrequited love (including me lol).

There's no reason to cast a Patronus if you can just run away, so that explains the horde. The Dementors need to be present to make the Patronus Charm a necessary plot device because otherwise there's no good reason to cast it, and the whole point of the artist drawing this AU is to show off the fact that Shioriko is in love with Ayumu via her Patronus form. I'm guessing that Shioriko didn't want to have to use her Patronus and only did so because Ayumu was passing out and on the verge of being overrun by Dementors.

It's an AU, so anything can happen. I'm pretty sure everything's just handwaved with "artistic license" anyway. In the first place, Shioriko and Ayumu would never be at Hogwarts since they're Japanese, so there's no use in trying to apply logic to any of this. Just let the artists have their fun~

Yujacha Uploader
Rinpana_smol
Yujacha
joined Nov 15, 2016

I was confused until the end note since I only read a bit of the first Harry Potter book. I still don't understand how telling Ayumu about her Patronus would burden her though

I interpreted it as the stereotypical "It would make things awkward if this person found out I was in love with them, because what if they don't like me back" kind of thing.

Yujacha Uploader
Image Comments 17 Dec 02:04
Rinpana_smol
Yujacha
joined Nov 15, 2016
Whymustyuuhurtmethisway

@Norainhere Translating is rough work so I gotta have my fun where I can, and for me it's file names lol

Yujacha Uploader
Rinpana_smol
Yujacha
joined Nov 15, 2016

oh hell yeah, thank you! I saw this on my timeline and sorely lamented my lack of KR knowledge

There are plenty of Japanese translators out there so sometimes I feel like I'm the only Korean translator here;;

Yujacha Uploader
Image Comments 02 Nov 00:20
Rinpana_smol
Yujacha
joined Nov 15, 2016
Tbh%20we%20should%20change%20aguris%20nickname%20to%20agupyon

@YotoHime: Props to my QCer and friend for pointing that out to me - I didn't notice at first and was planning on localizing the name as something like "Buniel" lol

Everything Ayumu touches turns from ferocious to cute (Exhibit A: Sasuke. Exhibit B: Shioriko.). Sasuke will ultimately evolve into Usasuke one day. Just wait and see.

Yujacha Uploader
Image Comments 01 Nov 23:33
Rinpana_smol
Yujacha
joined Nov 15, 2016
Tbh%20we%20should%20change%20aguris%20nickname%20to%20agupyon

@YotoHime

As a fellow AiRina fan...noted. :^)

Rinpana_smol
Yujacha
joined Nov 15, 2016

I'm kinda confused did she love her or not? if so, why the rejection?

IDK if this really needs a spoiler tag but I’ll tag it anyway.

The part when Karin goes “oopsies i lied” means that she did think of Kasumi as more than just her kouhai, which implies that the feelings might have been mutual.

The rejection is explained in that same page (4): Karin thinks of herself as a bad person and doesn’t think that Kasumi should be dating someone like her.

last edited at Sep 22, 2020 12:55PM

Rinpana_smol
Yujacha
joined Nov 15, 2016

The group just begin to work, people don't play SIF barely know them and we already had this kind of story?

They have a very fleshed-out story on SIFAS, and as the original comic was in Japanese I can tell you that NijiGaku’s popularity is obviously big there. They’re also coming out with an anime on October 3, which was announced at their 2nd Live. And yes, they are popular enough to have had a 2nd Live and have already confirmed a 3rd Live for 2021.

Also, let’s please avoid the “haha i don’t know this group” kind of talk because it really irritates me when you haven’t even given them a chance yet. They’re really worth it.

Yujacha Uploader
Yujacha discussion 22 Sep 01:37
Rinpana_smol
Yujacha
joined Nov 15, 2016

Hello, I'm so very sorry for the late reply - I didn't even know this page existed until now;;;

Pito has a tendency to delete his older tweets from time to time! So you're not just imagining things!

Yujacha Uploader
Rinpana_smol
Yujacha
joined Nov 15, 2016

The artist's favorite character is Diya, which is why there's a random doodle of her at the end. Very understandable - Diya's a cute, awkward gay mess with an unlimited appreciation of dogs. Also y'all have no idea how hard it was for me to remember her name as "Deeya" instead of "Dai-ya" like the Aqours character.

@OrangePekoe: Either is fine; dreamt is slightly more commonly used in British English than in American English, but both tend to favor using dreamed.

Yujacha Uploader
Image Comments 11 Jan 00:26
Rinpana_smol
Yujacha
joined Nov 15, 2016
0kypeky

Here's a TL of the follow-up image (I have not played FE3H so please feel free to correct me on any nuances here...) -

Edelgard: ...you've grown so bold since the last time I saw you, Petra. (ahem)
Petra: My wife taught me a lot of things.
Edelgard: You call her your wife?!;;
Petra: ? ...should I refer to her as my teacher then?

Dorothea: Fufuu- Even after getting married, Edel hasn't changed~
Byleth: You look happy, Dorothea.
Dorothea: Uh huh, you too, professor <3