Forum › Me and Sakuma discussion

Hino1
joined Nov 17, 2018

that's very cute! sakuma, who was called selfish by her last boyfriend is so very considerate of yuma in all times! about food, about her health and what she likes in general. i think that's why she says something "clicked". she was interested in yuma all the time.

i do hope they sort out the dialoguing part though, cause sakuma could try and listen to yuma's worries about her work too lol

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

The part that confused me was what the really bitter part was.

Did she see her boyfriend right after or something? I feel like I'm missing something there

joined May 11, 2018

Lol pathetic.

Link%20square
joined Feb 15, 2015

This is like my favorite short manga. There's a lot to interpret here in just a few panels and words. To me, Yuma always liked Sakuma, but also disliked how Sakuma always managed to both get Yuma to do whatever Sakuma wanted AND never showed a romantic interest, which Yuma clearly had.

"You make me so mad" conveys so much. What a perfect little bit of monologue.

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

Beefaroni posted:

The part that confused me was what the really bitter part was.

Did she see her boyfriend right after or something? I feel like I'm missing something there

No, it's clarified a bit more on page 13. It's that (even if she doesn't totally want to admit it to herself) she has had a profound crush on Sakuma for about as long as she's known her, like about a decade. And then she drags her out to these extremely romantic spaces, and just complains about the people she's dating who don't even treat her well. I think most people would find that upsetting!

The funny thing is that aspects of this story remind me a little bit of a short story I wrote for a thing quite a while ago, though I was very pressed for space and was working with established characters. I quite liked this one.

(I was trying to figure out if one of her one-shots inspired this new serialization. Doesn't seem to be the case, but I caught new insight into her other works)

To reply you must either login or sign up.