Forum › Soul Drifters discussion

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I didn't find a specific topic for this one so please forgive me if I missed it and am being redundant.

So we've got the newest release by Ratana Satis out now, up to chapter 7. Thoughts?

I am withholding my theory on how this story is going to play out for now, but I do have a few ideas already. :)

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Only read 4 chapters + prologue so far (in french version). Already a bit suspicious about the whole thing but have a question Is chapter 1 a flashforward ?. Also I'm not sure about Sheryl. She seem very calm and composed for someone who get her wife killed. I think they got married only to have Claire under control.. It's long past the time of Lily Love 1 where we had only one sex scene. Here Satis only wait 4 before going wild.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Only read 4 chapters + prologue so far (in french version). Already a bit suspicious about the whole thing but have a question: Is chapter 1 a flashforward ?. Also I'm not sure about Sheryl. She seem very calm and composed for someone who get her wife killed. I think they got married only to have Claire under control.It's long past the time of Lily Love 1 where we had only one sex scene. Here Satis only wait 4 before going wild.

I don't think you need to use spoilers since Dynasty won't ever host this title here since it's licensed on Lezhin. :)

Yeah either the first chapter is a flash forward or a flash back. And yeah that marriage we see is definitely some sort of sham, either it's a fake implemented to keep our protag confused enough to stay under control, or it's "legit" but for the wrong reasons.

And also yes, Satis wasted no time with The Lewding this time, lol

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

There is also something fishy with the android. She seem jealous during the makeout scene so is it the case of android suddendly having emotions ?

Yeah either the first chapter is a flash forward or a flash back.

Flashback would explain why she said it's was her 3rd birth but that wouldn't make sense that Sheryl let the android guarding Claire after the incident of Ch.1. Also just putting in perspective but 37000 days is 101 years.

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

I kinda thought chapter 1 was a flash forward, and 7 a flashback/dream.
Dunno, but so far so good!

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I didn't read past Ch.4 because it's were the french translation is at for the moment. It's one chapter per day so i will get to that soon enough.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Ok read Ch.5, they're definitely not married for the right reason. Why would she take the risk of her wife getting kidnapped without sending help ? Or did she trust the android that much to take care of such a group of people while protecting Claire ?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Just finish Ch.7 and what can i say. Sheryl is definitevely up to no good, acting like she was worried about Claire when she wasn't and even slow down the arrival of the squad. What the flashback dream told me is that Claire and the android where probably in couple but TR get assasinated,probably by Sheryl and Claire got her accident (maybe Sheryl too) and Sheryl decide to rewrite Claire's memories to make her believe they were married and "tranform" human TR in an android. Fucking Claire in front of TR was probably Sheryl's way to make her understand that Claire is now hers.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Yeah I'm not so clear on TR's actual personality/personhood yet. If like she's just a replica of Claire's true ex partner--remember there's a sort of flashback of a young lady with similar length and color hair to TR reaching out to Claire, but is clearly behaving not in a "your order is my command" sort of way.

Kinda leaning toward Claire being a super genius when it comes to android creation, she had a RL partner that had some sort of Big Bad Thing happen to her and Claire managed to "upload" her into a new android body, and Sheryl is in the mix in there somewhere, discovering this, and does what she has to do in order to manipulate Claire into forgetting who TR really is in order to force her to continue development of a very lucrative technology. Or something like that. I'm sure this will look stupid once the story is finally over and I will be completely off the mark, but it's not fun unless you manage to look like an utter tool after everything has finally been revealed. lol

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Chapter 8: Okay so there are 2 identical androids. Sheryl has the first one (if numbers are to be believed) and Claire has the second one. Whoever they are modeled from clearly was someone important. Still leaning towards Claire now being "held hostage" after something dramatic and traumatic caused her original "wife", who those androids are modeled after, to die. Wondering if it will turn out something like her personality was split between the two androids to prevent her from regaining memories and autonomy or something bizarre like that.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

But now, Claire know there are 2 Androids like TR (?), i don't know if it's what she understand from the scientifist or not but i assume it is. So i believe from now on, she will try to found out about the second Android. Now I believe the one Sheryl had is purely for sexual purpose like it was mentionned. I think Sheryl probably killed out the two because she was jealous but of who ? I might believe it was from the now Android because of how she fucked Claire in front of 359 and how she used the other Android as a sex doll. Not tomention she has "married" Claire to keep her at bay. I might be wrong but that's what i'm thinking.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

New chapter, seem that Sheryl is in fact in love with the girl who are now 2 androids. She keep one as a bodyguard for Claire (ex-lover/wife of the TR) and the other one as a lifeless sex doll for her own pleasure. That explain why she marry Claire, she have done so she can keep the android close. The memory was probably kept in order to id don't know ? Sheryl probably need those memories for something.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Triple post sorry. Ch.10 is up, seem like i said, Sheryl was in love with the now android girl but she didn't love her back and was in fact in love with Claire. So the TR human death was probably an accident and Sheryl seize the oppurtunity to have her but needed to keep Claire close. Probably because Claire was some genius of some sort. That said, why did Sheryl have let the memories of Claire and the android past in 359's memory ? That seem strange. Also Sheryl is a bottom.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Little update to say that we officially stumble into Incest territory since we learn that Sheryl and Theia (The 2 TR) were blood related sisters, who had a sexual relationship. But it seem to be more for Sheryl who wasn't ok with Theia marrying Claire.End on a bit of Sheryl being an hypocrit saying she didn't want to erase Theia's existence even if she kill Theia, lockup her memory, make 2 androids looking like Theia, with one being her private sexdoll and the other who is protecting her GF who Sheryl marry just to assure dominance. I understand you get mad because the one you love didn't see your relation like you but i don't think it's a reason to do all this.

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Haven't been able to get back to this one, and I see it recently finished. I think I got as far as chapter 11.
Any thoughts on whether it's worth going back to to reread?

To reply you must either login or sign up.