Forum › Cake discussion

X
joined Jan 6, 2014

Poor girl :(
But at least she has a nice dad.

My family also only buy cake in special days.

last edited at Jun 12, 2014 3:12AM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Cute...
Kinda brought back embarrassing memories... I hate it now >.<

Fb_img_1492462408743
joined Jan 18, 2014

that was mean from yuki's father side, when someone give you something, even if it's a small thing, you don't have to say anything but thank you (especially if it's a kid who did it)

joined Nov 14, 2013

Wow that really made me sad, that dad is such a douchebag!!!

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

... That short-haired girl's family is so damn awesome~
I love them~

Japanese_eraser_cow_purple_large
joined Nov 5, 2011

The more wealthy you are, the more heartless you become
The less wealthy you, the more sincere you become (well in some cases).....

bad analogy, but that was the first thought tht popped into my head after i read this manga.

joined Sep 11, 2013

This one was sad. Reminded me of growing up poor.

And he dad was such a passive aggressive jerk. You don't shit on your little kid telling you about their day like that! Also, what's wrong with carrying cake in a container? Why does the size matter if it's a paper box???

So many emotions, so little sense.

Screenshot_534
joined Jul 18, 2012

This one was sad. Reminded me of growing up poor.

And he dad was such a passive aggressive jerk. You don't shit on your little kid telling you about their day like that! Also, what's wrong with carrying cake in a container? Why does the size matter if it's a paper box???

So many emotions, so little sense.

A relatively late reply, but I wanted to say that the girl's dad might've felt upset with himself for not being able to give her what she wanted. If you had someone you loved (be it your child or lover) and they came home happily talking about someone else and what they can do/are compared to you, it kind of hurts. As a provider, he might have felt inadequate, or at least unappreciated, and while it was cruel of him in a sense he is human too.

Also, I'd imagine it's just the expectation of seeing a box that big and finding only one cake inside. But yeah, I dunno.

joined Jul 31, 2013

More Fujio, please, any Fujio! I don't really get the embarrassment with the rich dad, but the way it was portrayed made me feel bad about her feeling distant from her childhood friend as well. Good stuff though.

Sj2
joined Nov 23, 2014

Good thing I don't like cake that much. Rich people can have all their cakes and diabetes.

Nya
joined Nov 16, 2015

I don't get how the boxes matter, but yeah, peeps are different and tastes are definitely different > w <

joined Nov 14, 2013

Wow that really made me sad, that dad is such a douchebag!!!

The one that laughed at the little girl for bringing just a slice of cake

To reply you must either login or sign up.