Forum › To That Place Hidden in White, Two Pairs of Footprints discussion

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

this Artist always makes real good story's ^^ i love the art style too.

joined Nov 11, 2010

Really lovely story.

Untitled-2
joined Aug 17, 2014

The art style is odd to me is just like Very old manga... I guess...

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

In all honesty, I feel Remilia isn't in character here. Or if she is in character, it's by blowing up one aspect of her and forgetting the rest. She reminds me more of Yuyuko, with the somber, calm attitude, no childishness, and ability to show fondness to others. Going along those lines, Sakuya reminds me more of Youmu. Following Remi around instead of taking care of her. Which is... strange to say the least.

That being said, it's still a nice story. I like the atmosphere it creates. The snow fall all throughout cements the feeling of this cathedral(?) and site of graves as being a lost and forgotten world. Not that many works explore Remi's past beyond hypothetical encounters with vampire hunters/Sakuya. For Remi to have been constantly encountering odd humans who she could get along with over the past 500 years- I wouldn't mind making that a headcanon in an alternate universe. It shows a different side of her which I like.

Interesting art style, not typical. Liked the atypical character designs. I mean when do we ever get to see Remilia without her mob hat? XD Sakuya with her braids untied was cute.

It's actually nice this doujin isn't exactly yuri. There's no explicit romantic feelings of any sort, but the closeness they share near the very end suggests a bond stronger than could be described. The type that's everlasting; where Sakuya would be remembered for eternity if she ever died, just like the other humans who Remilia honors every winter. Strangely enough that aspect of the story didn't feel morbid at all; it felt powerful actually. Beautiful, that this immortal youkai would honor these humans enough to visit them every single year. But regardless of what the future brings, these two are together now, two pairs of footprints traveling together.

Areyougonnatouchem-17sq
joined Jan 27, 2019

Personal Color always does beautiful work. There's something about this that is almost a physical ache, though -- a quiet, still sadness that's a palpable nostalgia. Wonderful.

To reply you must either login or sign up.