Forum › Kurokon discussion

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

I just finished watching the anime for A Certain Scientific Railgun, and this was definitely true to the characters. Very funny. I'm excited for the next season, and I hope they don't change Kuroko at all. I wish for more cute Railgun doujinshi.

Kocchi
joined Mar 23, 2013

I just finished watching the anime for A Certain Scientific Railgun, and this was definitely true to the characters. Very funny. I'm excited for the next season, and I hope they don't change Kuroko at all. I wish for more cute Railgun doujinshi.

same here, i just finished rewatching it too haha prolly my third time ^^, i guess i'll read this dj too thanks :)

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

Have you perchance watched Index? I watched three episodes and decided I didn't like it. Even though Railgun is a spin off, it's less shounen-hectic. Plus cuter. I am going to read the Railgun manga next - I'm surprised I watched the shows considering I don't like anime much. I usually end up fast forwarding because of melodrama, and I didn't at all for the Railgun anime. I'm hoping I'm not missing out too much by ignoring the "main" storyline.

Kocchi
joined Mar 23, 2013

Have you perchance watched Index? I watched three episodes and decided I didn't like it. Even though Railgun is a spin off, it's less shounen-hectic. Plus cuter. I am going to read the Railgun manga next - I'm surprised I watched the shows considering I don't like anime much. I usually end up fast forwarding because of melodrama, and I didn't at all for the Railgun anime. I'm hoping I'm not missing out too much by ignoring the "main" storyline.

i'm sorry, we're the same D: i tried watching index, but.. well i originally watched railgun first, at that time i didn't know about index at all. when i checked mal, i tried watching index since yep it's the main.. but i coudn't even find the urge to get through the first episode o.o

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

As soon as they added magic and the Anglican Church to the scene, I was done haha. Too much to keep track of. And lacking in the wonderful yuri magic of Railgun. Not worth it at all to me, since I rarely pay attention to anything other than yuri. Also, I love Kuroko's voice actress, or perhaps just her voicing Kuroko, so naturally I can't watch something that barely ever shows her.

Also, I particularly like this doujinshi because it's not a sex-fest, but rather remains true to the humor of Kuroko's obsession.

Kocchi
joined Mar 23, 2013

haha XD as for me as soon as the guy showed up, i was done :D either i'm prolly looking for the same element in railgun or i just dislike shounen. well, after kannazuki no miko brought me to the world of yuri last year.. i've been looking for shoujo-ai animes and mangas =.=

and also i like Kuroko's character! she's so funny, her obsession is XD haha

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

Shounen doesn't appeal to me because of the arc after arc after arc into infinity - or at least until nobody likes it anymore. The Railgun manga is definitely turning to super shounen, but I like how the anime adaptation differs. I appreciate the fluffy filler to remind me of the yuri. If you want to keep with yuri and less shounen, probably just stick to the railgun tv show. Also, Misaka is turning out to be very much heterosexual, which is a supreme disappointment.

How could anyone dislike Kuroko? Definitely yandere. And yandere paired with tsundere = hilarious.

Kocchi
joined Mar 23, 2013

" Misaka is turning out to be very much heterosexual, which is a supreme disappointment. "

• yeah D: prolly why i disliked the index guy coz they sorta hinted that misaka like the guy.

How could anyone dislike Kuroko? Definitely yandere. And yandere paired with tsundere = hilarious.

true. ^^,

there'll be season 2 of railgun right? sigh. i hope the index won't show up that much but.. =.=

last edited at Mar 30, 2013 6:44AM

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

Yeah, it's due to start in April. The season is covering the "sisters arc", which is basically a bunch of Misaka clones. The dude shows up a few times, but I'm guessing that the anime will be changing things a bit. They added much more shoujo-feels and yuri subtext friendship in the first season, so I'm guessing those aspects will remain.

Kocchi
joined Mar 23, 2013

Yeah, it's due to start in April. The season is covering the "sisters arc", which is basically a bunch of Misaka clones. The dude shows up a few times, but I'm guessing that the anime will be changing things a bit. They added much more shoujo-feels and yuri subtext friendship in the first season, so I'm guessing those aspects will remain.

WOAH! i'm so excited! thankies for the info esn :D yay! haha i never read it's manga so idk really know XD i'm looking for the fights and all.

last edited at Mar 30, 2013 11:53PM

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

First episode of the second season premiered. The raw is up online, should be translated in a few days. Looks great.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Suddenly, a Railgun topic!? Awesome. Gotta love Kuroko! But actually, I think the anime handled Saten-Uiharu really well, and that's more than enough yuri for me, so Kuroko's kinda just bonus. The Railgun anime is by far my favorite part of the Index universe. As for how things like this go...I've seen some of Index but don't really love it, I don't think it adds much to the Railgun experience. I have the first two English volumes of the manga - didn't care for it much as it moves so quickly.

Disappointed that the second season didn't get simulcasted by Funimation though. I have also heard that the second season will still give a lot of focus to the group as a whole, so that's pretty exciting all-around.

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

Railgun easily stands alone from Index. Especially since it doesn't add magic, religion, and all the other things on top of science. I gives me something fantastical without overloading it too much.

Anyway, I watched a minute or two of the raw. Not too much since I didn't want to spoil anything before I could actually watch it subbed. I'm so into Kuroko's voice, I have no idea why. As soon as Kuroko came on I was so excited. She's definitely my favorite character.

The anime does a lot more for Saten-Uiharu than the manga. I'm up to current translations on the manga and their relationship is hardly seen. I like the liberties that the anime takes with it. especially since the manga and light novels act more as side stories to the "main" plot of Index, while Railgun the anime can stand on its own easily.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Everyone is into Kuroko's voice! I think I've read more positive comments about Arai Satomi's performance than the series in general. And I've read a lot of positive things about the series! It probably helps her character is entirely lovable as well.

Hehe, I'm going to have to go re-watch the first season I think!

And yeah, that's pretty much why I dropped the manga. I like Misaka plenty, but I understand the later arcs are focused almost disproportionately on her, and that just doesn't sound like it would totally hold my interest right now. Hopefully the second season does not disappoint.

To reply you must either login or sign up.