Forum › Closed Satellite discussion

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

This really highlights what I'd say is Homura's tragic flaw: she's so obsessed with protecting Madoka she's stopped seeing her as the person she is, infantalizing her in her mind to the point of overruling Madoka's own decisions with only the tiniest scrap of "justification". Homura's chained to the wall and unable to reach Madoka for shackles of her own making - the artist really does know how to pick his imagery.

joined Apr 14, 2014

I really like it, but I wonder if the chain imagery is right? I mean good. Because it just doesn't seem to fit here. I love manga that include details from the storyline. This would mean that Homura is attached to Madoka some other way than by a rough, harsh symbol like a chain. Just my two cents for this nice but brief manga.

AquarianDemocrat
Retry
joined Jan 23, 2012

This really highlights what I'd say is Homura's tragic flaw: she's so obsessed with protecting Madoka she's stopped seeing her as the person she is, infantalizing her in her mind to the point of overruling Madoka's own decisions with only the tiniest scrap of "justification". Homura's chained to the wall and unable to reach Madoka for shackles of her own making - the artist really does know how to pick his imagery.

No offense, but I feel like if there's one thing Season 1 showed it's that the entire cast (minus Homura?) is incapable of making decisions for themselves. I'm not justifying Homura brainwashing everyone, but in a way Madoka, Kyoko, Mami, and Sayaka do need to be infantilized because none of them (not even Madoka, though her heart is in the right place) have shown the maturity necessary for their powers.

If I had to choose between living in a universe run by Homura and a universe run by Madoka, I'd choose a universe run by Homura hands down. Homura may be ignoring everyone else's opinions, but I think she's also a lot more capable and mature. So I don't necessarily see her running the universe and making all the big decisions as a bad thing.

joined Dec 28, 2014

The sideview nose is kinda.....

20190203_135245
joined Mar 5, 2016

With that ending I finally get why it's tagged as drama. I mean, Homura was friendzoned! Haha. Lol.

To reply you must either login or sign up.