Forum › DEKATORIS discussion

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Sign so much wasted potential here! I realy like Lucky star doujin, there isnt huge amount of it about - and none of these two that i remember - i'd love to see the two sisters together..

But then they spoil it by A) They dont look like them at all B) Their characters totaly different
C) Pointlessly insert a completly unrequired dick. :(

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

But futa is awesome :/

joined Jul 3, 2011

I was a little disappointed with the fact they had Tsukasa playing the dominant role. It's completely out of character for her.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I think youll find you are in the minority on a predominently yuri site. Ofcourse thats subjective and you are welcome to you futa - but the other 2 points arnt - the style means they are barely recognisable, and they are acting too out of character to seem like them either! (I dont mean what they are doing- their words and mannerisms).

last edited at Apr 7, 2013 4:29PM

drpepperfan Admin
joined Oct 12, 2010

I think youll find you are in the minority on a predominently yuri site. Ofcourse its subjective- but the other 2 points arnt - the style means they are barely recognisable, and they are acting too out of character to seem like them either! (I dont mean what they are doing- their words and mannerisms).

I think the other two point's are subjective. The art style doesn't look quite like the show, sure, but it's very easy to tell who they are, and it's a very good art style imo. I mean, doujin's shouldn't look exactly like the show, they should include the artist's own style, otherwise you may as well just trace the show.

The acting out of character thing is less subjective, but still not a definitely bad thing. In this example I think it works, as the "cutesy character in a show is actually a sinister sex fiend" trope in doujins is a personal fav of mine. It's not gonna be everyone's cup of tea for sure, but i like it.

Anyway, not saying you're wrong and i'm right, just defending a doujin I liked!

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I think the other two point's are subjective. The art style doesn't look quite like the show, sure, but it's very easy to tell who they are, and it's a very good art style imo. I mean, doujin's shouldn't look exactly like the show, they should include the artist's own style, otherwise you may as well just trace the show.

You make valid points, but personaly i dont like the art style- and I dont mind when a doujin has some of the mangaka's own style - as long as its not too different, and i like the style.

BUT - I DO think the best is when the style is EXACTLY the same as the anime or manga- (obviously dosnt apply to origional works).

Lets face it- if you are making a doujin of a show- that means its because you like that anime/manga- its style and/or characters, and want to have them do stuff they cant in the origionals (since they have to go on TV or sell to a wider audience).

Its like wish fullfilment / fanservice in many cases- and surely the best way to make it seem like this is something that realy happened/ could of happened in that universe, is to make it match the anime/manga style as closely as you can? That way its alot more believable. Its actualy fairly rare, but sometimes you see a picture thats SO close a match it looks like its a cut scene in the anime or something, and i find those incredible.

Other times, a doujin might have a fairly different style, but one i think works for the show still, and that can still capture the tiny little facial/design quirks that make a character still BE that character we like.. Where other styles will just loose that subtlety- and then i feel the style wasnt appropriate.

Ofcourse all thats just my opinion :)

last edited at Apr 7, 2013 6:18PM

Screenshot_534
joined Jul 18, 2012

BUT - I DO think the best is when the style is EXACTLY the same as the anime or manga- (obviously dosnt apply to origional works).
Lets face it- if you are making a doujin of a show- that means its because you like that anime/manga- its style and/or characters, and want to have them do stuff they cant in the origionals (since they have to go on TV or sell to a wider audience).

Even though we're talking about opinions, I don't really get that. If you're going to make a doujin, and draw it and everything, I don't get why you'd make it look exactly like the anime/manga - if I wanted to see the official style, I'd go and watch/read the source material. Same thing with fanart. You're reading the doujin to see someone else's personal take on it, and if the personal take is just basically them regurgitating the source material with a twist for "wish fulfillment" then what's the point? So long as the art is good, the story is enjoyable, and the characters are intact, there's not really a reason to practically copy/paste the original anime. It's kind of demeaning to the doujin artist to say "We don't care what your personal take on ___ is, just make it look like the original and it's pretty much great".

That aside, this guy's art is slightly creepy (probably just the wonky facial proportions) so I get the dislike towards the art, at least. Futa's definitely alright in my book, and it's been added in "needlessly" in other doujins, so that was alright. The characters just felt a little off, and it isn't a great doujin overall. But some people out there might like it, so kudos to them.

drpepperfan Admin
joined Oct 12, 2010

Even though we're talking about opinions, I don't really get that. If you're going to make a doujin, and draw it and everything, I don't get why you'd make it look exactly like the anime/manga - if I wanted to see the official style, I'd go and watch/read the source material. Same thing with fanart. You're reading the doujin to see someone else's personal take on it, and if the personal take is just basically them regurgitating the source material with a twist for "wish fulfillment" then what's the point? So long as the art is good, the story is enjoyable, and the characters are intact, there's not really a reason to practically copy/paste the original anime. It's kind of demeaning to the doujin artist to say "We don't care what your personal take on ___ is, just make it look like the original and it's pretty much great".

Thank you for putting into word's what I forgot to say/was too lazy to say/ couldn't put into words (it's been over 3 months, i have no idea what i thought at the time)

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

The part with the bread made me laugh out loud xD

JustAYuriFangirl
Morikubo-nono-full-1788867
joined Feb 13, 2016

Isn't it?

joined Jun 3, 2021

Harro eburi nyan

Compressjpg20220512_150101
joined Jan 22, 2022

Haro haro

Man this is quite the weird read but I enjoyed seeing Kagami hopelessly in love with Konata =w=

To reply you must either login or sign up.