Forum › Cold Feet and Sultry Night discussion

Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

AMAZING
YURITASTIC
I loved it!
Always love me some good Merry x Renko <3
It showed up at the best time, since I need inspiration for my own yuri writting, haha!

__ex_keine_kamishirasawa_keine_and_kamishirasawa_keine_touhou_drawn_by_rebecca_keinelove__dac6b62f1c1ee61618ab14504ccd5a1b
joined May 30, 2018

Maribel x Renko has always been my one of my favorite couples, and seeing something both new and good made me pretty happy.

21bd50a9-fb4d-47b7-a52f-4864e2af91fc
joined May 8, 2015

This is really good

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

Renko and Maribel are such a bittersweet couple. Trapped in a soulless, hyper-capitalized plutarchy, they realize that the last traces of fantasy dwell within their minds, and devote the rest of their adolescence to finding miracles. But the further they get into those occultic worlds, the further they grow from each other, and it's so tragic to see Renko caught between trying to hold on to Maribel and wanting to let her achieve her potential. The one person she loves and trusts above everything is slowly, inevitably becoming alien, and it's simultaneously everything she's wanted and dreaded.

The real kicker is that Renko can't even stop this- Maribel's growing awareness of the psychic is a slippery slope, and now that she's gotten started, it's impossible to pull her back. The only thing that Renko can do is eternally encourage and support her, never able to step back or prepare herself for separation, because she knows that she's Maribel's last link to humanity. There's no couple that embodies the phrase- 'The journey matters more than the destination'- than these two, because the journey might be the only thing they can share.

To reply you must either login or sign up.