Forum › I was miscredited, and an issue with a manga attibuted to me

joined Sep 2, 2018

Hello, I am YourGamerMom (https://dynasty-scans.com/scanlators/yourgamermom) (I can prove this with a post on reddit if it's required). There are a couple of issues I would like to address, the first and most important is the crediting of me as a scanlator without crediting the source of the translations I use. I only typeset the comics, I don't translate them. I don't know if there is a separate way of crediting the translations and typesetting, but I do think it's important that the translators be properly credited for their work. I can provide links to the translations for all of the works that I typeset, if there is a way to credit them. I don't mind at all having comics I typeset being posted here, so please find a way to credit all the correct sources.

The second issue is only related to the most recent comic that I typeset. There's an issue with the translation on page 3, you can read about the issue in a reddit comment (https://www.reddit.com/r/KemonoFriends/comments/9c2je9/staredown_girls/e59s2si/). I can remake the page with the correct translation, but I don't know how to edit the post here.

Thanks.

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

You can always add credits on the last page of comic. Just write Typesetting: XXX Translator: YYY below the comic (or at the start of it) so next time if someone will upload them here, credits will be there too. You can also add credit page (but I think direct text on comic will be more umm... permanent if some retards won't delete them)

I think Admins will keep "YourGamerMom" tag as scanlator because it will be easier to make things in order (and it will be easier for people to find stuff typesetted by you) instead of making separate tag for every future translator you will be working with :) and tagging you guys as "YourGamerMom" & "YYY"

But it's not my call :D

joined Sep 2, 2018

Looking around some of the other comics posted here, I think that the credits in in the margins is probably the best bet. As for the second issue, is there a way to edit/replace a page to fix a translation (or add credits)?

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

The easiest way is to provide link that has all the pages of that chapter (even if only one of them are edited). Click your name in the upper right, and select Upload Request. Rest is self explanatory. x)

To reply you must either login or sign up.