Forum › I can't access dynasty scans, why?

joined Mar 11, 2016

It was fine till this thursday/25 jan but after that the site would not open no matter how many times I refreshed it or opened it anew. I don't remember doing anything that will get me blocked.

There is no problem with my internet as I was able to access other anime/manga sites easily.

The message it gave was: ERR Cant access the site. Check your proxy or firewall etc/troubleshoot connectivity problems even tho my internet was/is working fine.

Even now I can't access it without using proxy/vpn etc.

I want to know why is this happening when it was fine till the day before yesterday?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm not sure what would cause that, but I brought your post to the attention of folks who might. With luck we'll get things sorted fairly quick.

joined Mar 11, 2016

I'm not sure what would cause that, but I brought your post to the attention of folks who might. With luck we'll get things sorted fairly quick.

That'd really help. Thank you for the quick response. I am still using the vpn. Will check tomorrow if I am able to access the site without the vpn or not. I just hope that it is not because of censorship by the govt cause then I will have to stick to the vpn for who knows how long.

last edited at Jan 28, 2018 6:57AM

It at least does not look like the site has been blocked by China yet (https://www.greatfirewallofchina.org/index.php?siteurl=Dynasty-scans.com). I am not sure if there are reliable third-party tests for other countries. It would be interesting to see if there are some available.

joined Mar 11, 2016

@Zen_Clark
It does not look like the site was blocked by my country either because in that case the page gives the message that "the viewership of that particular site is prohibited from within the country so you cant access the site". But here it says "This site can't be reached. The connection was reset". I don't know what caused this but I still can't access the site browsing normally.
:(

last edited at Jan 28, 2018 7:36AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

If you can access it through a vpn but not normally but it's not a censorship issue then the most likely cause is that your isp is trying to route through a server that's down. Happens all the time with shitty isps such as CenturyLink.

joined Mar 11, 2016

@Alice
That might actually be the case. This same thing happened a couple of weeks ago but lasted a day or two as I was able to access it normally after that. At that time I thought the site may be down for maintenance or something. But this time I can't seem to access it over this entire weekend. Don't know how long this will last. :(

To reply you must either login or sign up.