Forum › WDTFS fans - off topic

joined Mar 21, 2017

It got so ugly on that other thread. So much bickering

Sorry.

joined Mar 21, 2017

Sorry.

I am not judging. Some people take those fictional characters and thier lives too close to hearts, if there is POV that doesn't match theirs it counts almost like a personal assault. The ends is approaching it will show who was right and who was wrong. And even if my POV is right it's not gonna make my life better, happier, brighter etc. It will all still be the same. So is there any point in wasting your time and emotions?

I know. But thanks : )

joined Mar 21, 2017

I know. But thanks : )

all that yelling leaves bitter aftertaste...

Yeah it does. Think i'm going to dial it down myself and not get into big discussions for a bit.

joined Mar 21, 2017

you deleted your comment, but I thought I will keep this one, just in case it would make you feel better.

Not really but thanks for trying, let's just move on.

joined Mar 21, 2017

you deleted your comment, but I thought I will keep this one, just in case it would make you feel better.

Not really but thanks for trying, let's just move on.

I wish I could.

So do i but if we don't that way lies madness. I am going to remove myself from discussions for a while so you can have your space with your friends on here.

last edited at Jun 14, 2017 8:09PM

joined Mar 21, 2017

ou can have your space with your friends on here

Friends? It's only me and Nora here

The other thread.

joined Mar 21, 2017

Since this thread is off topic. What is the best film you've watched lately?

joined Mar 21, 2017

Nora89

Probably 'Paprika'. Final film before the directors death. It is an anime but for more mature audiences.

Ex machina is on my list. Should get onto watching that.

last edited at Jun 14, 2017 9:00PM

joined Mar 21, 2017

Oldboy is amazing. All 3 films are great but i think 'Lady Vengeance' is my favourite.

joined Mar 21, 2017

True Evil that is a good list.

joined Mar 21, 2017

I'm a huge David Lynch fan. One of the few American Directors i actually like. I generally prefer films from Japan, South Korea, Hong Kong, Indonesia and Thailand.

joined Mar 21, 2017

I'm a huge David Lynch fan. One of the few American Directors i actually like. I generally prefer films from Japan, South Korea, Hong Kong, Indonesia and Thailand.

really?.. I have a problem watching Japanese real action movies :/ something about their acting is just not settling with me

I prefer the classics. Akira Kurowsawa is probably my favourite director. Though i love Beat Takashi and Takashi Miike.

joined Mar 21, 2017

Are you watching new Twin Peaks?

Haven't started yet as my partner hasn't seen the last episode of the second series and 'Fire Walk With Me' yet.

joined Mar 21, 2017

I highly recommend two South Korean films from director Kim Jee-woon. 'The Quiet Family' and A Bittersweet Life'

joined Mar 21, 2017

It's only the favorite one. But I have more recommendations

add more if you would like.

I second this.

joined Mar 21, 2017

I highly recommend two South Korean films from director Kim Jee-woon. 'The Quiet Family' and A Bittersweet Life'

hehehe, you really pay attention to directors' name. I don't even remember any for exception to Deepa Mehta. XD

I'm more a director watcher if that makes sense lol. If i find a director i like i follow their filmography : )

Except for when i watch bad B-grade films then the director doesn't matter so much lol

last edited at Jun 14, 2017 9:19PM

joined Mar 21, 2017

True Evil

Definitely get onto watching Memento. It's a great film.

joined Mar 21, 2017

Haven't started yet as my partner hasn't seen the last episode of the second series and 'Fire Walk With Me' yet.

The first season is the best. Second didn't impress me at all, probably because it was more focused on brining supernatural elements.

Definitely agree. I've seen the series a few times already so i made them skip quite a few episodes in the second series already lol.

Rsz_ac
joined Jun 1, 2017

well, it is sure an unforgettable revenge movie. XDDD, "the cringe thooooo"

I hope Amy is not angry at me for my subtle flirting

I dont mind dude, knock ur self out
I know where i stand ;D

joined Mar 21, 2017

I play but less than before. Plus I want to be in that industry eventually if things work out. I will make video games great again

very interesting.. hehehe I can't imagine Donald Trump making Video Games. anyways, I hope designing games is as fun as playing them XD

I believe Trump did make a video game, well got people to make him a video game lol.

joined Mar 21, 2017

I believe Trump did make a video game, well got people to make him a video game lol.

the only good thing about him winning was encouraging the French to protect themselves from having a conservative right in the office.
I feel truly disappointed, the country has the best universities in the world, and this guy is the one to represent them !

Oh definitely! Hope more countries follow suite when they have upcoming elections. Bit late for the UK though sadly, they also have top ranking Universities. Luckily Asian Universities are rising in the ranks.

https://www.timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/world-reputation-rankings-2017-results-announced

joined Mar 21, 2017

I will add these movies to the recommendation list:
Last life in the Universe (2003) by Pen-ek Ratanaruang
The Yellow sea (2010)
Confession of Murder (2012)
The Wailing (2016)
I saw the Devil (2010)
The Chaser (2008)

Guillermo del Toro: Pan's Labyrinth, The Devil's Backbone.

Kim ki Duk: 3-Iron, Time, Dream, Address Unknown

Some chinese movies by Wong Kar-wai: In the mood for Love, Chungking Express

Will add these to my list and check them out : ) Sayonara

joined Mar 21, 2017

Mulholland Drive (2001) (you said that you like Lynch but maybe Nora will watch it)

Great film. It has been dissected so many times but if it has ever really been figured out we'll never truly know since Lynch never explains his films.

The machinist (2004)

Great film

Triangle (2009)

Added

We need to talk about Kevin (2011)

Added

Donnie Darko (2001)

I liked the concept and themes but something fell flat for me. Might have to watch it again.

The Conversation (1974)

Added

joined Mar 21, 2017

Es0teric, is there anything you recommend to watch?

I'll get back to you tonight (10:15am here). Need to have a think but i did recommend a couple earlier in the last page i think.

Actually i'll think about it while i work.

last edited at Jun 15, 2017 8:20PM

joined Mar 21, 2017

The Raid 1 & 2 (Indonesian)
Evil Dead 1 - 3 (US)
Dark City (US)
Yojimbo (Japan)
Kamikaze Taxi (Japan)
The man from nowhere (Korea)
Drive (US but Danish director)
Violent cop (Japan)
La Femme Nakita (French)
Taxi Driver (US)
The Host (Korea)
Le Samourai (French/Italian)
The Professional (French)
The Room (US)
Things (Canada)
Ichi the Killer (Japan)
Seven Samurai (Japan)
Shaolin Soccer (Hong Kong)
Kung Fu Hustle (Hong Kong)
Shaun of the Dead (UK)
Hot Fuzz (UK)
John Wick (US)
Alien (US)
Hard Boiled (Hong Kong)
The Killer (Hong Kong)
Vertigo (US)
Full Metal Jacket (US)
The man with no name Trilogy (US/Italian)

last edited at Jun 15, 2017 9:55PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.