Forum › Looking for Yuri VNs

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

A while ago I went through the Sono Hanabira VNs, the ones translated so far. Also, someone mention on these forums one called Sugar's Delight so I got it (art by someone from deviant art who is giving out for free), I am loving it so much!

Just looking for recommendations on yuri VNs that carry on the same air to these, sweet and cute stuff... I still got some teeth to drop (Don't need top-notch production stuff, taking any recommendations).

EDIT: Preferably without toys, or just in minimal use.

last edited at Feb 21, 2014 2:37PM

Untitled-1
joined Jun 19, 2013

Translated/Mostly Translated:
*Lonely Yuri - Cute and fluffy short story.

*Katahane - Has both Yuri and Het couples. It's selling point is the story of the past imo. +18

*Aoishiro - This gives off more a serious and mystery vibe and light yuri-subtext in some of routes, and large subtext in others.

*Akaiito - Same as Aoishiro, but the subtext is sort of stronger, and you will have to use the transation on their website. It requires a ps2/ps2 emulator. Only translation missing is Sakuya's route.

*Amaranto - The story is not great in this one. You can also hear differences in microphone recorded quality between each voice actor. Somewhat darkish mood.

Not translated:
*Negai no Kakera to Hakugin no Agreement - It feels like pretty much psychological horror or trauma. The story is fairly engaging, you don't really get to choose to do much for a visual novel. There isn't really any specific girl routes for your to choose from like in other novels and there's one set true ending. There is some nudity.

*Hakuisei Renai Shoukougun - Mostly well-written. It has plenty of touching (cute,fluffy, dramatic) stories; however, when you get a bad end, it is truly a bad end (probably would be tagged depressing as fuck or disturbing) >.<...

*Solfege - Visual novel with rhythm game on the side. It has plenty of yuri subtext. Has Onee-sama type, Tsundere type, best friend type, down to earth type, happy type.

*Sesai no Resonance - Has a few decent routes and others that are really messed up. Some action minigame, but it isn't that great lol. I felt the best routes were for the 3rd year girls. Has some blackmail, mind fuck, and yuri rape(?) on secondary characters in a certain route. +18

*Yamiyo ni Odore - ... Don't play it. It's not worth it. You barely get any character development or interactions. There's het rape and attempted gang rape. The method to try to get into someone's route is systematic tedious, such as clicking the same option every time until you finally get an event happen ._.'. It's also an rpg-ish mission game, not that fun either.

*Kanojo to Kanojo to Watashi no Nanoka -Seven days with the Ghost- A free fully voiced visual novel. It's pretty well done and the story is not bad. There's futanari... It's somewhat fluffy... and other times very dramatic. +18

Princess Maker 4 - Raise your adopted daughter! Technically, you can go the "best friend end". Cute and fluffy and fairly fun gameplay.

last edited at Feb 21, 2014 3:03PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

^ Thanks. Mostly looking for fluffy bright tones.
I actually just found Lonely Yuri, downloading this very moment. Just finished Sugar's Delight :)
I'll see into Katahane, art looks really nice.

And I'll keep an eye on Princess Maker 4... hopefully my memory won't fail me :D

Still welcoming more recommendations.

Capture_001_18092013_1154032
joined Mar 2, 2012

Well all of these are untranslated:

Shirogane Otome: A yuri harem game, haven't finished it due too distractions but it has been quite humorous. A warning though one of the heroines is a Trap, that there is 3 or so scenes with. Altough she becomes a female in the end so i still count it as a true yuri.

Syojokyu: A high drama, lots of sex, yuri vn set in a catholic school with art that makes the charactersgives the characters a somewhat loli look.

Class Zenin Maji de Yuri?! ~Watashi-tachi no Rezu Oppai wa Anata no Mono Joshi Zenin Shiofuki Keikaku~: A crappy yuri nukige with alot of boobs, panties and one dimensional characters.

WET BLUE ~Poolside no Tenshi-tachi~: A poolside centered yuri lolicon game.

Also some i haven't played so can't say that much about them:

Anaheim Girl's Love Story: Mecha yuri storiy that has been translated but not patched.

Fermion ~Mirai kara no Houmonsha~: old school (1995) sci fi yuri, think it contains male rape bad ends though.

Okujou no Yurirei-san: High school yuri with multiple pairs, have heard it should be quite good but haven't gotten around too try it.

Yuri no Hana Natsu Monogatari ~Amanogawa no Kirameki wo Kimi to~: Think its a highschool setting with quite a bit of sex, and there seems to be a whole "Yuri no Hana" series altough i can't say they seem that interesting.

As an endnote i would recommend aoishiro from the previous poster again, it's one of the best games i've read, even though it only really contains one heroine where you know they end up together as more than friends..

Also incase you don't know a good place to search for vns is here http://vndb.org/ , also if you want to search multiple tags (like say excluding male protagonist or rape) you have ot click visual novels then tags.

last edited at Feb 22, 2014 2:24AM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

/Cast Thread Necromancy

Got a question about Katahane, are routes done in a specific order? Seen posts but nothing actually explains it.
(found a bunch of text lines which people call a walkthrough, which I find copied in many places)

I have never played VN's with different routes, just gone through linear ones... So I am pretty clueless when it comes to this.

lildevilinhell
Untitled-1
joined Jun 19, 2013

/Cast Thread Necromancy

Got a question about Katahane, are routes done in a specific order? Seen posts but nothing actually explains it.
(found a bunch of text lines which people call a walkthrough, which I find copied in many places)

I have never played VN's with different routes, just gone through linear ones... So I am pretty clueless when it comes to this.

It's more of a precedence thing. Some routes have to be unlocked by completing other routes.

Those text lines in the walkthrough are basically the choices you select when given the option.

Like there's a choice A or B at a certain part of the visual novel.
There is also a choice C or D at a later part of the visual novel.

The guide will list the way to get into route 1 one would be
A
C

Then it may list the way to get into route 2
B
D

Then it may list a route that requires route 1 to be completed and then a choice E may appear.
A
E (Shows when it's unlocked)

For Katahane, you can go with Wakaba or Angelina's route in whichever order. But for Coco's route, you have to finish both Wakaba and Angelina's route to be able to play Coco's route.

last edited at Apr 11, 2014 9:14PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Ah, Thanks.

Commentators failed to explain that in the sites I read.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Been going through Katahane, liking the feel and slow pace.

Finished Kurohane, the past story thingie or w/e.

Was pretty great up until Dua's death (that got really emotional), after that, the ending was fucked up... What the fuck... Not talking out of emotions or anything (can't say there was any FEELS there when all I could think was how fucked up it was). Story-wise as that being the final event, it was just fucked up...
This is gonna have me on a bad mood... Sigh

~

Any other suggestions? Looking for something easy-going (preferably not subtext yuri)

Is there nothing close to Sono Hanabira? Or should I just play the waiting game? :p

(Already searched on http://vndb.org/ and didn't find anything of interest)

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Well, Innocent Grey is coming out with Flowers on the 18th. Knowing IG, it's probably something depressing as hell, but past the subtexty zone.

... You know, if you're ever up for a sad game, that is.

last edited at Apr 13, 2014 3:22AM

Fox_paw_tribal
joined Feb 25, 2013

Well, Innocent Grey is coming out with Flowers on the 18th. Knowing IG, it's probably something depressing as hell, but past the subtexty zone.

... You know, if you're ever up for a sad game, that is.

Has anyone tried it out yet?

Also, does anyone know where I can find Sugar's Delight for Mac? I've tried looking for it, but links are either broken, or won't open properly once downloaded.

last edited at Apr 30, 2014 2:31PM

Ever heard of Atlach-Nacha? I hear it's a yuri vn.

palakangorange
Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

Ever heard of Atlach-Nacha? I hear it's a yuri vn.

^this one?, but there seemed to be no english version yet
for additional games, check out this site. it has 14 games labeled as yuri, haven't tried them yet too

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Has anyone tried it out yet?

Relevant. Lots of info on her blog in general if you're interested.

for additional games, check out this site. it has 14 games labeled as yuri, haven't tried them yet too

Of those, Summon Night is wonderful and gay (though not yuri or couple-focused), Love and Order is boring and tedious (though the yuri route is easily the best), and Roommates is...just okay (one yuri route, probably 2-4 hours).

There are some other non-Otome western VNs someone might be interested in.
Planet Stronghold is a not-great RPG/VN that has a yuri route. Loren the Amazon Princess is a very decent - if sometimes tedious - RPG/VN with 3 yuri routes. Highly recommendable for the yuri, not bad otherwise. Last, but certainly not least...Rising Angels is a linear yuri VN, but it ends in NTR-like fashion. Probably the worst I've ever been affected by a piece of entertainment.

last edited at Jun 2, 2014 1:03AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.