Forum › Thunder is Scary discussion

Download202001sdsfsfdsfsdfdsfdsfs02154639
joined Apr 18, 2016

That ending was a little odd.

__remilia_scarlet_touhou_drawn_by_kameyan__79633e04034b3c99d7cf88e4370ce72e
joined Apr 28, 2014

Yeah, I can't tell what that was about either...

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

Damn those hands! It was scary a lil D:

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

There's an old folk belief, still passed on in a "boogeyman's going to get you" sort of way, that if you sleep with your belly button exposed the thunder god, Raijin, will eat it. And probably the rest of you in the process.

This probably came from the older belief that Raiju, the god's pet, is a shapeshifter that would curl up in a convenient belly button to sleep.

The end though, I think that's connected to the author's other work that suggests that as cute as the Yakumo family is, there's a darker layer deep down, where Yukari is grooming and altering Ran little by little to become her replacement. Read Golden Cutting Line for more on that theme.

__remilia_scarlet_touhou_drawn_by_kameyan__79633e04034b3c99d7cf88e4370ce72e
joined Apr 28, 2014

^I do remember that being a theme, but only devoting a single weird panel to it doesn't really give us much of an explanation, you know? And Golden Cutting Line was pretty off the wall, itself. Maybe we'll get a doujin that wraps up those threads, though. You never know.

joined Aug 14, 2015

The way I saw it is that Ran is still scared like a child of thunder even if she doesn't show it.

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Wooooooooooooooooooooooah, that was good horror setup at end :o

Loved it!

I watched in Ninja Hatori that belly bottons are the source of life and the thunder god steals the belly botton of people who are mischievous or something.

Its blurry since i watched it as a kid.

last edited at Nov 2, 2016 8:54PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.