Forum › Yuri Game Jam 2016

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

The first game in this jam thing came out a day ago, Frog Love at Frog School. https://juicy-luscious-jams.itch.io/frog-love-at-frog-school

It's... not really all that good, but it's certainly something. That song in the credits is pretty great too.

It's pretty much a generic yuri thing with all the dialogue replaced with Ribbits. As you can imagine, it's pretty hard to follow, but I got the general gist of it from Maria's thoughts. And, really, the True Ending is not them hooking up but Rowan getting another GF and Maria feeling super jealous about it? Based on the credits, it seems that Maria's supposed to be a jerk, so I guess it's the best ending for Rowan? I don't really know...

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Yuri game jam? I assume a flurry of short visual novels (visual short stories?), Twine games and the occasional GameMaker joint.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Yuri game jam? I assume a flurry of short visual novels (visual short stories?), Twine games and the occasional GameMaker joint

If I remember correctly, most of the games last year were pretty much like this. Most of them were mediocre, which is understandable given the time constraints, but Ebi-hime's glorious The Sad Story of Emmeline Burns and Nomnomnami's Syrup and the Ultimate Sweet were at least two quality finished VNs that came out of that thing. There were a ton of demos for VNs that were never finished, which saddens me... maybe some actually did get finished, I'll have to check up on their progress. Anyhow, both Nami and Ebi-hime are working on stuff for the YGJ this year, so, if nothing else, we can rest assured that there will be at least two good VNs that come out of this.

last edited at Oct 9, 2016 8:47PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.