Forum › Feedback to Upload Requests

Yuri
joined May 11, 2015

Just a quick question: Is there any way to get some feedback to an upload request? I requested something a while back and was just wondering, how the status is. If it was denied or considered or if no one read the request in the first place. :)

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

That does sound like a good idea considering there's a system like that for tag requests. I guess the main kicker is that, unlike the tags which are pre-determined, all upload requests are manually written, and providing responses to each and every one would be quite the hassle.

last edited at Sep 19, 2016 4:39PM

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

That, and like I mentioned today in the Feedback thread, the Upload Requests are handled off-site, and aren't sent directly via Dynasty like tags are. So there isn't really a means by which they can have automated Accepted/Rejected replies done afaik.

In general, very little is purely rejected, unless it's just completely awful or not suited for the site. And with things like permission to request and sourcing, some stuff can be put on the backburner for a later day, especially if its not yuri related.

67351033_10220293459155029_8283322322757091328_n
joined Jul 22, 2015

I think there needs to be separate kinds of upload requests specified on the form, like a little dropdown or radio button that allows you to select Manga or Image. Feedback would be nice for requests in general. I personally would prefer also to have a set of pre-determined reasons for tag selections that have already been decided so when someone gets declined the reason is also pre-stated.

Yuri
joined May 11, 2015

That, and like I mentioned today in the Feedback thread, the Upload Requests are handled off-site, and aren't sent directly via Dynasty like tags are. So there isn't really a means by which they can have automated Accepted/Rejected replies done afaik.

In general, very little is purely rejected, unless it's just completely awful or not suited for the site. And with things like permission to request and sourcing, some stuff can be put on the backburner for a later day, especially if its not yuri related.

I know it would be too much work. But requesting something and not hearing anything of it till it is someday uploaded, just makes you go crazy after a while. I mean, it's not like I can't read it anywhere else, but I'd like to have others give it a go on dynasty as well. :)

Stroke_it
joined Aug 1, 2014

I think, if I just knew that the uploader could get back to me if there's any problems, it would take a load off my mind. "Did I really paste the correct link"? "Did I really upload the correct file?" There's potential for a number of silent errors which, even if they don't usually lead to problems, create anxiety. That's me, anyway.
And yes, if a submission is rejected, you absolutely should get feedback of some kind. And you should know that you will get feedback, or it will lead to anxiety again.

So, if there are technical reasons why we can't have direct feedback to upload requests like we have for tag suggestions, can we have an email field (in the upload form) where we get response in case things go awry? You probably already have our emails but for psychological reasons it might still be good to have an email field, because of the tacit implication that the uploader will contact you under certain circumstances.

last edited at Sep 20, 2016 7:51PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.