ForumNews Tsubomi is ending

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

Edit: Fucked up, It was Tsubomi, not YH.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/yuri_amagasa/archives/52908269.html
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-12-14/tsubomi-yuri-manga-magazine-ends-publication
Discussed this a bit on the IRC (ie. trolling Kokopure), saw this on /u/ earlier than that, although it was more speculative at the time.
Thought it was important enough to grab some people's attention with, in case you're one of the few who, for some reason, choose to only visit this site and/or the reader (bad browsing habits!).

Web series appear to continue as normal.

Now before you guys go proclaiming it's the end of the world on December 21st, 2012, there's still going to be yuri around for sure. The biggest problem would be that there's less of it and less accessible in a central location (might move over to YH?), both for readers and mangaka alike. Comiket (faceless men!) may see a small surge in yuri, it may not. I'm not a business major nor a mangaka, so I can't put any more speculation into this without sounding like... someone I'm not.

joined Nov 11, 2010

lol, I have to admit that I mostly do only follow this site regularly. More accurately, I use it as an aggregator (I guess I can't into RSS, or something, lol), so I generally only visit scanlator/news sites when a release pops up, or I'm looking for discussion.

Anyway, your title post says "Yuri Hime is ending", but if I'm not mistaken that's separate from Tsubomi, right? While I'm certainly disappointed with the end of the latter, I think the closure of the former would be a much bigger deal.

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

Yeah I JUST fixed it while you were posting it. Totally my mistake.
Only enforces the fact that people should visit outside this site :3

joined Nov 11, 2010

At least the content will be continued in some medium or another from what I understood. I'm still sad to hear that Tsubomi has ended though.

I go around some other sites, but mainly only this one for yuri related material. I guess I should add a couple news sites to my daily check list.

joined Oct 11, 2010

I have noticed yuri is for some reason get scarcer... It seems almost all the yuri groups have slowed down at the same time or disappeared [Like Making Manga... ] and it seems what groups are left are turning towards doujins [not that I hate doujins.... but I like ORIGINAL works not fan fiction, it gets boring after awhile] and yet BL seems to be getting even MORE widespread... I hope this is not a trend...

last edited at Dec 15, 2012 3:23PM

joined Nov 9, 2012

I never really comment at all on this web site I visit it regularly and I love the tsubomi volumes i've read every single one so far. So thanks for the information, I just hope there is more yuri in the future I live for this stuff.

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

Scanlation has always been an up and down ride. I wouldn't say we're at a low point at the moment, just near the end of one of the confusing transitionary points you tend to see often. Yuri today is more plentiful and diverse compared with the past, for sure, although it's never a nice sight to see a magazine crumble for one reason or another. Just gotta wait to find out what happens afterwards, if they plan anything for that space.

joined Jan 19, 2012

I hope it's a transitionary point that turns out for the better. Definitely agree about it being a unfortunately event.

You all & this site should stay alive forever & ever so I can read more of what I love, even if just aggregation. \o/

Oh, no... Another casualty of some mysterious force. I continue to hope the best for the genre, the artists, and the groups that work so hard to bring great works to us. Thanks.

To reply you must either login or sign up.