ForumNews Caution: Work ahead

joined Oct 11, 2010

GendoIkari wrote

Well it is a special case since the plagiarism it is accused of is of photos of real people rather than other manga. Which in the US and Europe using real people as a guide for artistic work is considered normal, his work is very close to the pictures. So it may resume since it is from real photos rather than other works but it is not likely.

I hope it gets cleared up because I really like this manga.. but is it really that uncommon? I can think of a few times I've read in manga and in makes about taking photos for reference...

last edited at Jun 17, 2012 3:26PM

joined Jul 3, 2011

Fuzzypuff wrote

I hope it gets cleared up because I really like this manga.. but is it really that uncommon? I can think of a few times I've read in manga and in makes about taking photos for reference...

The general concept of using photos for reference isn't the problem per say, it's the fact that the photos used belonged to someone else and weren't taken by the artist not to mention used without permission. I do find it unusual that it created such a big disturbance though, seeing as how the copies weren't used for the same purpose as the originals.

last edited at Jun 18, 2012 4:07AM

joined Oct 11, 2010

biggbran77 wrote

I do find it unusual that it created such a big disturbance though, seeing as how the copies weren't used for the same purpose as the originals.

Wellllll it could be a few things.. like the relationship between the two people.. [what is it anyway?] and that money was made and no[?] compensation given... Also maybe the person did not want them to be public at all.. I am guessing here as I have not done much searching into the issue with this manga.. although... links would be fun...

last edited at Jun 18, 2012 1:39PM

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

The fact is that the images he used were copyrighted images, and that is why he had problems, not the actual tracing. The deviation from the original images to the copyrighted ones was within 3mm so it is likely traced rather than used as reference. The reason it is such a big deal is because the images were from his other works as well, not just Prism, which is problematic due to Japanese and International law on the matter.

joined Jun 15, 2012

Fuzzypuff wrote

I am guessing here as I have not done much searching into the issue with this manga.. although... links would be fun...

Here is a link which contains more link: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-06-01/prism-yuri-manga-put-on-hold-due-to-similiarities-to-photos

joined Jul 3, 2011

EroBotan wrote

Here is a link which contains more link: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-06-01/prism-yuri-manga-put-on-hold-due-to-similiarities-to-photos

Well I guess that's about the gist of it.

joined Oct 11, 2010

biggbran77 wrote

[quote=EroBotan]Here is a link which contains more link: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-06-01/prism-yuri-manga-put-on-hold-due-to-similiarities-to-photos

Well I guess that's about the gist of it.[/quote]
sigh... oh well... depending on if it was traced or not.. depending on the way the law will be interpreted...

To reply you must either login or sign up.