Forum › Daisy Field discussion

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

... Sanae is a pedo then?

So what... Are they now BFFs? Or something closer? lol

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Seems sort of a cop-out, in a way. Sure it sounds grand, but it seems rather less so.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

I would go a lot farther than that, I think. It's almost just baiting - "yuri" where one of the participants is a heterosexual girl who isn't going to change. I wanted to create a not *really* yuri tag when I uploaded this.

GP-KIDS draws some good yuri. This, however, isn't one of his works I can get behind.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm glad that Sweet Catastrophe came out and made the ending of this one into a lie, that they both couldn't keep from becoming proper lovers.

I do think GP-Kids kinda wanted to do something profound and nice here, but he(?) failed in the end. Fortunately, that mistake got fixed so it's all good now.

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

What the?

That ending literally felt like "How can I pass this off as "yuri" while still making Sanae straight?"

I also have the feeling that they were trying to do something deep here (something something transcending love), but it was executed so freaking badly that it felt like what I just stated above, which is not a good way to end a supposedly yuri doujin.

EDIT: I just thought of an easy way to make that ending not as horrible. Maybe if they wanted a transcending love kind of message, they could've just made Sanae aromantic and/or asexual. That way, we could still have that explanation of a special connection between them transcending love while also explaining why Sanae was having such a hard time sorting out her feelings, since she feels something special for Reimu but knows it isn't romantic/platonic/familial and so can't find a label for it; plus it would have been more interesting since we rarely get aromantic/asexual characters. Sigh, I still can't believe they had the gall to sneak in a final reminder at the final panel of a yuri doujin just to say that "they're not lovers guys! Sanae's heterosexual, she even specifically mentioned that she had a crush on a guy before!"

last edited at Sep 15, 2016 12:59PM

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

I'm glad that Sweet Catastrophe came out and made the ending of this one into a lie, that they both couldn't keep from becoming proper lovers.

I do think GP-Kids kinda wanted to do something profound and nice here, but he(?) failed in the end. Fortunately, that mistake got fixed so it's all good now.

lol, now that I've re-read Sweet Catastrophe, I feel like the mangaka was compensating for the terrible ending of this doujin by suddenly amping up the kissing in that one and basically retconning this manga's ending. They even said something in the end about "whatever happened before or after, I just wanted to draw them kissing" or something, which makes me think they were referring to this particular event.

To reply you must either login or sign up.