Forum › Comics suggestions?

Rize_by_kr0npr1nz-d88nnll
joined Oct 27, 2015

hey I know this is mostly a manga site, but I can't find a forum that has comics suggestions and i'm looking for somes to read you know so if you got any good one throw it in here i'd appreciate it :)

Solid%20ice%20heart%203-29-15
joined Mar 30, 2015

Carl Barks's Donald Duck and Scrooge McDuck comics are magnificently written. They benefit from a generous sprinkling of humor throughout. Nice artwork and familiar characters make the comics easy to get into.

However, if you're looking for comics with yuri in them, I don't have the answer.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Western comic books? Lumberjanes is an obvious one. Also go check the comic version of Adventure Time.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Gail Simone has a tendancy to add lesbians and gender variant folks to her work. Check out Secret Six (the original run had a poly lesbian relationship) and The Movement.

joined Oct 27, 2015

Ask and thou shalt receive.
For webcomics.

Thank you so much for that huge list of stuff!
Dog bless u.

joined Jan 8, 2016

Was this about yuri in comics? Because I can't find anything suggesting this in OP's description.

Scott Pilgrim is excellent and even better in colour even without yuri

joined Oct 27, 2015

Gail Simone has a tendancy to add lesbians and gender variant folks to her work. Check out Secret Six (the original run had a poly lesbian relationship) and The Movement.

Ooh Secret Six looks great (the one from '69) a review caught my attention, I'll probably start with this one. Thanks!

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

In DC, batwoman is openly lesbian.
Marvel sides, one character in the Runaways is also lesbian.

joined Oct 27, 2015

Yeah! Selina it's one of my favorites in the DC Comics Universe, along with of course Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn. I loved the Gotham City Sirens issues. And I'll always ship no matter what Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn because... why... not... :(

joined Oct 27, 2015

Was this about yuri in comics? Because I can't find anything suggesting this in OP's description.

Scott Pilgrim is excellent and even better in colour even without yuri

Tbh I'll take everything but of course it makes it better if the comic has yuri in it.
Yes!!! Scott Pilgrim it's so good! I also recommend Seconds made by the same comic artist.

Ahri_by_kittew-d9c0y0n%20-%20copia
joined Mar 13, 2016

Yeah! Selina it's one of my favorites in the DC Comics Universe, along with of course Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn. I loved the Gotham City Sirens issues. And I'll always ship no matter what Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn because... why... not... :(

the harley quinn comics are pure gold but breaks my heart at the same time also i highly recommend you to read gunnerkrigg court by tom siddell is fascinating the characters are well developed and the dinamic between the mc and her best friends its cute af.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

One of the supporting cast in Batgirl is trans (and into girls, I think). Wonder Woman used to be canonically bi ("That's why they call it Paradise Island.") but they've monkeyed with the canon so much I have no idea if she still is.

Oh, and The Question (Renee Montoya) is a lesbian as well. Although DC being idiots, I think they took the Question identity away from her when they rebooted.

last edited at Mar 13, 2016 6:30PM

joined Mar 13, 2016

i totally forgot about this one called Sundaze read it a while ago but stopped idk why but i'm about to read it again and catch up... it's BEAUTIFUL. check it out.

joined Oct 27, 2015

the harley quinn comics are pure gold but breaks my heart at the same time also i highly recommend you to read gunnerkrigg court by tom siddell is fascinating the characters are well developed and the dinamic between the mc and her best friends its cute af.

I agree it's gold and I'm in love with Gunnerkrigg Court plot, and Annie haha.

joined Oct 27, 2015

i totally forgot about this one called Sundaze read it a while ago but stopped idk why but i'm about to read it again and catch up... it's BEAUTIFUL. check it out.

Oh my god that's so cute and its about a mermaid!!!!!! Added to my large webcomic queue haha thank you!!!!

joined Mar 13, 2016

Oh my god that's so cute and its about a mermaid!!!!!! Added to my large webcomic queue haha thank you!!!!

heh yeah it has a lot of potential like idolon

To reply you must either login or sign up.