Forum › Child Sweet discussion

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

fangirl

I'am pretty sure that "Charie" is a nickname for HIGASHIYAMA Shou. The humor and drawing are quite the same, like for
the way of drawing eye.

after reading this, I had the impression this was Higashiyama Shou's work as well, but I have never heard of Shou going by the pseudonym Charie. Plus, i am always suspect because I have seen plenty of artist's works that are similar to other mangaka.

Two quick points:

1. Shou has never posted a pic of himself online or in any publication that i know of to date; however, Charie has. His pixiv page has a pic of him in a half-handstand. Looks like he's really into breakdancing. Point is, I find it odd that Shou would all of a sudden let people know who he was under this name, but not under the Akili name. but ya never know. if this is Shou, maybe this is his way of being more outgoing, but not letting people know it's really him. Meh...

2. while the art is similar, when you see Charie's work:

and then compare it to Shou's work:

you can see the subtle differences. Very similar, but not too similar. Because of the similarities, it does make you wonder if Charie is a fan of Shou's, or was he inspired by Shou? Now that would be very cool! for the record, i went through every page in both Prism and Stretch. In Shou's works, the features around the cheeks, jaw and eyes are more rounded than are Charies, but the expressions are near identical as i can tell. that's why i think Shou may have been an inspiration to Charie. but again, who knows. the art is fantastic and the stories have been very entertaining. i could care less if the two artists are the same person, altough i would find it very humorous if that were the case. something along the lines of Shou hiding that it's him so he can release new Yuri works and atone for the fact that he "trolled" his Yuri fans (assuming you believe that that is what happened with Stretch).

BTW, sorry all. i didn't realize the images were this huge. i'll try to shrink them down next time.

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

This had a perfect balance of heart-thudding romance and that NSFW that makes you feel good, no bad, about yourself. Can't wait for that next chapter, though...

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

Very nice... and reminded me of Prism too.

Anyways, can't wait for the next chapter!! I need to know what happens next!!

Capture
joined Dec 25, 2015

fangirl

The way of acting and humour are really close too, so i was hoping for the same mangaka.
You are probably right. Even if it's not uncommon for artist to have a pseudonyme for different art (like robin hobb and megan lindlon) and drawing can change a little between. I mean Shou are into pedobear manga, so why not taking a name for "soft" and an other name for lolicon. But, it's pure speculation so, i will conclued you are right.

(Shou really trolled us with stretch !!!! I have a strange question : Is Prism was published in usa or other english contry? I really want to buy it)

last edited at Jan 31, 2016 4:31PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.