Forum › Yuri in other Media (list in first post)

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

I think Defiance should go on the list. The white scaley hairless aluens are either all female or they are femaleg-leading adrogynous. Or the two might juat be lesbians; I'm not really sure which.

Also there's a short lived romance between Kenya and Stahma (another alien).

Capture
joined Mar 19, 2015

I rarely see this movie mentioned in any LGBT lists but The Edge of Heaven is amazing! It has so many levels. I think it's underrated.

Capture
joined Mar 19, 2015

Also this list of films from Wikipedia

last edited at Jun 16, 2015 2:04AM

joined Sep 15, 2013

Hmm..so the perfect way to end a discussion is to answer all the questions, well who knew xD

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Updated everything except for Flowers (gonna wait for a translation) and the wikipedia list (cause I'm lazy), thanks for the help. Bookmarked the wiki link for now.

Wentworth is really awesome, Franky and Bea are awesome characters. I'm on like episode 4 of season 2, are Franky and Bea ever gonna work together? I really hope they do
And screw Erica, Franky x Prison Wife all the way. Erica can life the rest of her life in sexual confusion and self denial for all I care.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

OriginalGengar: I think it's worth remarking that AHS's 2nd season does not focus on the lesbian MC's romance (may be disappointing watching it just for the gay). Of note: MC's lover dies early on, iirc. Also of note: if you watch the 3rd season with goggles, we have Taissa Farmiga's character x Lily Rabe's character. It's still not worth it just for the gay, tho.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Updated that, thanks.

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

OriginalGengar

Wentworth is really awesome, Franky and Bea are awesome characters. I'm on like episode 4 of season 2, are Franky and Bea ever gonna work together? I really hope they do
And screw Erica, Franky x Prison Wife all the way. Erica can life the rest of her life in sexual confusion and self denial for all I care.

omg yay someone else that watches Wentworth!

As to answer your question: yes, they start working together in S3. A lot of people are/were afraid that they were going to kill Franky off, because that's what happened in the show it was based off of but (thank god) that's not the case so far.

Plus THANK YOU. I mean, I liked Erica while she was there, but honestly, she had issues. Too many for me to like her with Franky, who is honestly one of my favorite (and probably the most abused) characters of all time.

Unfortunately, most people that watch Wentworth seem to have liked both Erica/Franky. T^T

And finally, to bring my praising of Wentworth to an end, Season 3 is absolutely astounding. IMO, it blows S2 out of the water and it's on par with S1. The final episode airs Tuesday, and lemme say, I'm stoked.

last edited at Jun 17, 2015 3:12PM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

A lot of people are/were afraid that they were going to kill Franky off, because that's what happened in the show it was based off of but (thank god) that's not the case so far.

Haha, yep, that's exactly what I feared. If it came down to it Franky wouldn't stand a chance, Bea being the main character or not. So seeing Franky going overboard because of all the paranoia really wasn't good for my heart.

Plus THANK YOU. I mean, I liked Erica while she was there, but honestly, she had issues. Too many for me to like her with Franky, who is honestly one of my favorite (and probably the most abused) characters of all time.

Yeah, Erica was okay, she wasn't perfect but she ended up doing quite a few good things for the inmates. As you said though, there were a few too many issues for me to root for Franky x Erica.
And I agree on Franky being on of my favorite characters. She does a lot of stuff I don't approve of but her like, internal struggle makes is so easy to like her. The first time she broke down made me a little emotional. :D Not to mention her awesome personality, of course.

Good to know the next season ends on Tuesday, I'll probably marathon it then.

joined Mar 25, 2013

To add to the novel/books - Wolfsbane Winter by Jane Fletcher and Broken Wings by L.J Baker

And to the movies - "I Can't Think Straight" which is based on a book by Shamim Sarif

For games, I'd say Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 and 2 could qualify. The first one more than the second, but plenty of yuri moments (subtext)

The first book is a really slow burn they don't meet till a little after the middle of the book, and the second one is a little bit on the melodramatic side, at least for me.

last edited at Jun 20, 2015 12:46PM

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

From what I know except for Producing Perfection and Noire that have self-insert male, all Neptunia games are full of subtext, more with each game, but I didn't play PP and Noire, so I don't know about the other characters in it, could anyone confirm if they have subtext?

last edited at Jun 20, 2015 1:36PM

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Wolfsbane winter sounds like it will be good and broken wings sounds like it will be silly.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Wolfsbane Winter is good, but very slow. The first half is more or less the two protagonists backstory and they meet a little after 130 pages, and the book is 260-ish I liked the end even if the book hinted at something bigger. I think it's better she didn't explore it further.

Broken Wings has a unique-ish setting, meaning it's fantasy but not about the typical races. It's about a fairy and a dryad, and it's all fun and lesbians but towards the end gets a little dark/melodramatic.

last edited at Jun 21, 2015 4:32AM

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Clublez... just goooonna throw that out there......

(Google it)

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Thanks, gonna add those later. (y)

Just found out that Orphan Black season 3 is finished now, so I can watch that until Wentworth season 3 is finished on tuesday. Life is good.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

To people who've watched Lost girl, just search for Kenzi in season 3 of Orphan Black. That's just awesome x)

From the first episode of lost girl, I was like "this girl definitely remind me of someone..." and I couldn't find out why before checking the actress filmography

Seol-a
joined Apr 6, 2015

I read three novels last week.

My favorite was Her Name in the Sky. I'd definitely recommend that one if anyone wanted some summer reading.

Another one that I thought was pretty decent was The Gravity Between Us.

The third one I read, Keeping You a Secret, eh, it was alright. I'd tentatively recommend it as well.

last edited at Jun 22, 2015 10:42PM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

^Thanks, probably gonna add those along with the other ones after I marathon Wentworth.

I just finished Orphan Black season 3 and I'm really sad now. I don't even know what to say.

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

I just marathoned orphan black season 1. What an amazing show, even without the yuri bit its fantastic. Season 2 marathon tomorrow!

And I loved Kenzi in lost girl.

Gravity between us and her name in the sky ill have to check those out, the descriptions alone sounded wonderful!

last edited at Jun 23, 2015 1:15AM

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

So about Wentworth season 3 finale, in case y'all like to know if there's a happy/bad ending before watching...

Happy end for Franky. Details: She literally walks off into the sunset with Bridget! It was so cute.

All in all, about the finale, I was seriously stressed out the last half of the episode (the first half was deceptively slow, and while watching it, I was ruling the finale as a failure). All in all, regardless of what happened in the end, it was astounding. Season 3 tops the first now, in my mind.

I said it before and I'll say it again, all fans of OITB should give it a try. Wentworth -- as a prison drama, IMO, is a mile ahead of it.

last edited at Jun 23, 2015 3:14PM

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Just finished season 2 of orphan black. The show has so many layers of fucked up lol. I love it.

Rsz_17544039_p0
joined Jul 19, 2014

Can I suggest Sakura Fantasy to be added to the list? It's a visual novel featuring a female protagonist. If you ask me, it's pretty gay. No guys involved btw. Here's a CG from the game, you can judge it for yourselves
http://imgur.com/Qamhg5K

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

Didn't read whole thread (yet) but just for update - Orphan black is now "finished" so Gengar you can update there :D

also for RPG games - Jade Empire - you can have les/gay ending with one of your teammates

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Updated everything, bookmarked clublez, thanks for the help. Orphan Black isn't finished yet though, there's gonna be a season 4 and probably 5.

Episode 1 of Wentworth Season 3 was pretty much the best thing I've ever seen. Only 4 episodes left. :(

Anyone knows if Lost Girl has a happy yuri end?

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

(but finished season 3 I meant xD)

also about Lost Girl we are still waiting for s5 part B so we can't tell you about ending :D

and about the 100

(stop watching before the second to last episode; I don't know why, just do it)

ghaaa I won't start another shitwar about it but I disagree with this sentence. For me it was 100% logical behaviour

and when I return I will check my TV series list to add here some titles :P

last edited at Jun 24, 2015 7:28AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.