Forum › Their Story discussion

Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

Yeah Qiu Tong, why indeed?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Sun-jing is so sly. Not too clingy, but skillfully managing to stay on Qiu-tong's mind.

I like how the author is showing the process of Qiu-tong's slow and unavoidable fall...

last edited at Mar 25, 2016 7:01AM

Commandershepard13
1071350_639308102760295_1399509523_o
joined Mar 24, 2014

Gone Girl and Fight Club must have been a nightmare to sit through for you

what happens in those? o_o

You should watch them and make your own reasoning, they're both really good movies. David Fincher (the director) it's really into doing what you said previously and imo they're good exactly because of that.

I agree in the "wth happened between both girls they're acting pretty neutral I wanna know what they're thinking" thing.

David Fincher deserves no credit for either of those stories. Gone Girl was been written by Gillian Flynn and Fight Club by Chuck Palahiunk. David Fincher just directed the movie adaptations.

last edited at Mar 25, 2016 12:49PM

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

I looked up Gone Girl and it doesn´t seem to my taste... Anyway, Sun Jing is behaving more like a lady now! err... I mean 'gentlewoman' :P or sth. I'm still curious why Qiu Tong said she likes someone (hope it's not her dad... >.> sorry I just get weird thoughts ever since I saw Mouryou no Hako), was it really true or did she just say it to get a reaction out of Qiu Tong? I'll never get ooover how Sun Jing was a bit pushy buuut she's fine now aaaand Qiu Tong seems to like her too and she's kind of young so lets forgive her. Also I FREAKING WANT THAT CHICKEN, WHY?!?!?? T_T I'm hungry now, but I don't have time to cook because I need to finish my work... but wait can I really finish it on an empty stomach? but I already had 3 loaves of bread with butter >.< Ah sorry... err... I wasn't supposed to bring in my personal issues into the forum... >.>

last edited at Mar 25, 2016 9:08PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

You also should be watching the spoilers, because not everyone reads it on Tumblr. Please add spoiler tags to most of that stuff.

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

swoon

joined Mar 8, 2014

You also should be watching the spoilers, because not everyone reads it on Tumblr. Please add spoiler tags to most of that stuff.

sorry I slipped with the chicken but the rest has been up here too, hasn't it? well I'll put spoiler tags in the lady comment as well, though I thought it might be too general for it to be a spoiler

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Looks good. So far we're only up to Tattletales bike tires getting punctured, so the last several pages are being saved for the next update.

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

Very sweet chapters! Nice to see Qui Tong annoyed with Sun Jing suddenly leaving her all alone. And I really love Qui Tong's avatar - so cute and fluffy! Next week, please, don't switch to side couples!

joined Mar 8, 2014

Very sweet chapters! Nice to see Qui Tong annoyed with Sun Jing suddenly leaving her all alone. And I really love Qui Tong's avatar - so cute and fluffy! Next week, please, don't switch to side couples!

Yes, don't do that next week. It just feels like ads for the author to buy time -.-

last edited at Mar 25, 2016 11:30PM

Keepallyourgifsinabasket
joined Aug 17, 2013

The premise was 'one girl has a crush on another girl and tried to talk to her'. Not 'the love lives on the people of x high school/neighborhood'.

Well yes, that's the premise you want. Not sure it's certain that's the premise the author is working from.

Yes, my point is that the premise must be established in the beginning so that the audience knows what they're reading/watching. It's way too late to establish the premise right now. At first we always have exposition where we get to know the characters and their motivations and then we go into the narrative. You can't just go into the narrative and then decide to focus more on the other side characters without having given any hint in the first place whatsoever.

This. This. This. This. This. This. This.

joined Mar 30, 2016

So, I kinda felt like I just had to post a comment in answer to the posters complaining about how "pushy" and "scary" and generally "creepy" they felt Sun Jing was being toward Qiu Tong. In fact, I felt so strongly that I just had to go and sign up just so I could do it! I hope you can excuse the presumption in a first post :)

See, I totally don't agree, and I wonder whether the problem here is the context. And by that, I mean I think you have the context all wrong. Because the thing is, that whole sequence was all about the context.

Sun Jing was not actually confessing her feelings there. Honestly, that was almost a side-note. So, further to that, she did not confess to Qiu Tong and then pursue her relentlessly to force an answer out of her.

All Sun Jing was doing there was adamantly establishing a context. She was doing exactly what Qi Fang said she should do: she was establishing a basis for attraction. She's saying to Qiu Tong in as honest and frank and utterly unambiguous a fashion as she possibly can, "I'm sorry, but I'm not just trying to be friends with you. When I say the things I do and do the things I do, I'm not just being friendly. I'm pursuing you."

She's not asking Qiu Tong to answer her feelings. Hell, I'm pretty sure the last thing she wants from Qiu Tong right now is an answer, because while she can be silly in love, she's not stupid. Whatever blushing, putong moments Qiu Tong might be having, Sun Jing has to know that Qiu Tong hasn't even begun to consider her in a romantic context. And that, of course, is the whole point of this scene.

One, she's establishing a basis for attraction. And then, two, she's making sure that the huge bomb she just dropped on Qiu Tong doesn't destroy the friendship they've begun to develop. She follows not to force an answer out of Qiu Tong, but to make sure that when they do part, it's with Qiu Tong in a frame of mind to start properly processing this new context, not just shut down and shut Sun Jing out.

This is not the end game! This is just the start of the game. And Sun Jing's just making absolutely sure Qiu Tong realises there's a game being played, and it's a two player game, and it's all kinda pointless if she doesn't show up for it because she doesn't realise it's on :)

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

^ Yep
If she was gonna drop a bomb, and didn't care if it "destroyed" the relationship, she wouldn't have followed her so relentlessly afterwards
It wasn't a 100% smooth plan ofc, but she tried and followed through. Like Qi Fang said, she needed to show her intentions somehow (rather than coming off as platonic) and at least get Qiu Tong to consider her in that light
What's interesting tho is that unlike the friendship angst we've often seen before, the fear of putting the friendship at risk if they confessed and failed, Sun Jing DID approach her out of romantic attraction. Like ofc she wanted to start as friends, but she did approach for the purpose of eventually asking her out and such
Qi Fang had pretty legit thoughts about the situation for real

joined Mar 30, 2016

It wasn't a 100% smooth plan ofc, but she tried and followed through. Like Qi Fang said, she needed to show her intentions somehow (rather than coming off as platonic) and at least get Qiu Tong to consider her in that light

Oh, totally. But you see, I don't think there was a 100% smooth way to do this, because, you know, heteronormativity.

I mean, it actually says a lot about Qiu Tong's world view that she didn't twig to it herself. It's not like Sun Jing was being sly. She wasn't trying to ease into a relationship by first setting herself up as Qiu Tong's friend. She was totally upfront and honest in all her interactions with Qiu Tong. If Sun Jing was male, there's absolutely no way Qiu Tong wouldn't have realised from word "Go!" that Sun Jing was pursuing her.

And maybe Sun Jing would have been willing to keep going that way; perhaps see whether Qiu Tong might come around in her own time (because, however blinkered she's been, surely she'd have started to wonder about her own reactions to Sun Jing); but then Qiu Tong said she liked someone…

Now whether she's telling the truth there or not, that was obviously a huge red flag to Sun Jing. To stay with the "game" analogy, how does she compete if she's not even being scored on the same scorecard?

So, yeah, she had to get herself on the same playing field as her rival, but to do that, she had to pretty abruptly pull Qiu Tong's heteronormative rug out from under her. And that was never going to be a gentle landing, especially when you consider this:

Except for a few head pats, it seems like Sun Jing has been very careful about physical interaction with Qiu Tong. Qiu Tong's dawning moment of "Oh my God! What have I done?!" was all about each and every time she herself had very definitely invaded Sun Jing's space :)

last edited at Mar 31, 2016 4:43AM

joined Mar 8, 2014

Yes, I don't doubt than Sun Jing didn't intend to force an answer out of Qiu Tong or even be pushy at all. However, she did come off as rather pushy and that's a fact. Everyone sees it a bit differently so if a lot of people found it pushy it's pretty obvious that Qiu Tong likely found it pushy as well. Qiu Tong clearly rejected Sun Jing and told her she doesn't feel the same way. Yet Sun Jing didn't accept that and instead told her she doesn't need an answer right now, implying that she will wait to see if Qiu Tong develops feelings for her or not and if she doesn't it's very likely that Sun Jing will have to distance herself and Qiu Tong knows that. However, I will admit that maybe being a bit pushy might have been good in this case because Qiu Tong certainly seemed to give some signs that she likes Sun Jing and I think Sun Jing might be basing herself on that. Since Sun Jing is a girl and Qiu Tong had never even considered her unlike she would with a guy the rejection is different. When it's a girl there is always the possibility that she might be rejecting you because she has never thought of it and it was all too sudden/ or is afraid or both. That's why it's so hard -.- and you get caught up in it and don't know what to do... it's worse when you get ignored instead of rejected >.>
anyway, I'm sure Qiu Tong likes Sun Jing though, she keeps hugging her and messaging her, I don't blame Sun Jing for getting ideas -> that are actually right. If Qiu Tong didn't like Sun Jing she'd try to avoid her a bit because she would want Sun Jing to get over her... Instead she just seems to think about Sun Jing more >.> I definitely don't do that when I reject a guy

last edited at Apr 1, 2016 11:07PM

joined Mar 30, 2016

Yes, I don't doubt than Sun Jing didn't intend to force an answer out of Qiu Tong or even be pushy at all. However, she did come off as rather pushy and that's a fact. Everyone sees it a bit differently so if a lot of people found it pushy it's pretty obvious that Qiu Tong likely found it pushy as well. Qiu Tong clearly rejected Sun Jing and told her she doesn't feel the same way.

Well, she clearly came off as pushy to you. I was thinking that that might have been because you thought she was hounding Qiu Tong for an answer to her confession. And if she had indeed been hounding Qiu Tong for an answer, then that would have been pushy. But she wasn't. She was simply ensuring that the shock of her revelation (seen clearly in Qiu Tong's mounting embarrassment as she recalled all their interactions in this new light, and then decided to cut and run) didn't effectively end their relationship (whatever that might be or become).

In light of this, she did not come off as pushy to me. And that's a fact :)

Actually, I'm kinda hanging out now for the day when Qiu Tong turns to Sun Jing and says again, "Thank you for chasing after me that time!" :)

last edited at Apr 2, 2016 7:49AM

joined Mar 8, 2014

No that's not what I found pushy about her, it's certain things like she said. That Qiu Tong doesn't have to give her an answers and the weird flirty jokes that were unnecessary. I think that's what was pushy. I mean you can see her point of view so she didn't come off as pushy but for someone who doesn't relate so much and especially who is being confessed to it will sound a bit like that when she makes those jokes. The jokes were unnecessary and she could have gone differently about saying that she wanted to pursue Qiu Tong. She could have asked if she has any chance, if that was okay... And all that, for example if I had a guy tell me they like me and I rejected them and they still wanted to pursue me it'd feel that's pretty rude to me, unless I told them I was fine with it. I wouldn't want any undesired romantic advances or someone be my friend just because they're interested in me because I don't know what they'll do once they realize themselves that they don't have a chance. Also, you always have to keep some sort of distance in how you act or what you say around those types of friends so it's not great.
But you know, Qiu Tong is sort of asking for it because she is not trying to avoid Sun Jing and she tells her she wants to reject her now because doing it later 'when's she's had her fun' would hurt her. So that means Qiu Tong is not uncomfortable hanging with Sun Jing who likes her and still thinks it'd be just as fun. Plus she keeps hugging her >.> I mean that's clearly not what you do when you reject someone... Qiu Tong is basically pleading to be pursued so I don't blame Sun Jing too much for saying that she just confessed so that she could better pursue her, because who hugs the person they are rejecting?! more like, throw yourself into her arms... -.- But the previous jokes were uncalled for.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Oh nice... Sunjing is starting to have delusions.

joined Mar 30, 2016

No that's not what I found pushy about her, it's certain things like she said. That Qiu Tong doesn't have to give her an answers and the weird flirty jokes that were unnecessary. I think that's what was pushy.

Ah. OK. I see where we're coming unstuck here.

See, I didn't find Sun Jing's jokes either flirtatious or unnecessary.

Hmmm…actually, I take back that first part, but only because it seems "slightly flirtatious" is Sun Jing's default mode around girls :) In fact, it's kinda funny that for the most part, until now, it seems her feelings for Qiu Tong have actually been suppressing her naturally flirtatious demeanour.

But on the second part, yeah, I definitely don't think they were unnecessary. In fact, I think they were crucial to Sun Jing's entire purpose in not letting Qiu Tong run away.

Qiu Tong was winding herself up in increasingly anxious cycles of embarrassment and guilt. And if she had been allowed to continue on by herself, I think it's highly likely that she would have done exactly what Sun Jing feared she would do: shut down and just start avoiding Sun Jing.

Sun Jing effectively pushed (hah) Qiu Tong to critical mass, at which point she exploded, and then finally managed to find some form of equilibrium with this new world order :)

And the last "joke". Not a joke at all, I think. I'm pretty sure at that point she's just reaffirming her position by saying, "Don't worry. I'm not asking you out. I'm just letting you know that I want to ask you out."

LOL. When I think about it, given their position at that time, it's actually like Sun Jing was saying, "Pay attention, you adorable twit. I'm interested in you. So stop plastering yourself all over me unless you're interested back!"

So, clearly Sun Jing's approach would not have worked for you (and the others who found her pushy, scary and possibly creepy) but I think it actually worked just fine for Qiu Tong. And that's OK, isn't it? We're all different. This fits Sun Jing's impulsive, exuberant and actually rather courageous personality. And it seems pretty evident that it works for Qiu Tong too :)

last edited at Apr 3, 2016 4:41AM

joined Feb 7, 2016

Aw for the recent chapters seems like lil development with the new girl hmm still a bit confused on what's going on

joined Sep 21, 2014

Aw for the recent chapters seems like lil development with the new girl hmm still a bit confused on what's going on

What are you confused about? :O
the new girl's always been there, like, when she invited her to her birthday party, when sungjing got hurt. Not super important, but, more or less present maybe?

last edited at Apr 8, 2016 11:17PM

11925832_1675813592635218_735421656_n
joined Oct 11, 2015

the new girl's always been there, like, when she invited her to her birthday party, when sungjing got hurt. Not super important, but, more or less present maybe?

I want to see the development with the new girl. She seems cute enough and when Qiu Tong sees Sun Jing with her she will definitely get jealous. And jealous Qiu Tong is just what we need!! :P

Could anyone please tell me if Tan Jiu has any instagram/twitter accounts?

joined Feb 7, 2016

Ahh sorry I wasn't clear!! I meant the end of the recent ones the guy putting a phone in his bag? Kinda look supicious for some reason idk I might be reading too much into it

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Ahh sorry I wasn't clear!! I meant the end of the recent ones the guy putting a phone in his bag? Kinda look supicious for some reason idk I might be reading too much into it

Isn't that the love interest of the gay sempai?

joined Sep 21, 2014

Isn't that the love interest of the gay sempai?

Not at all
Just some sketchy dude

To reply you must either login or sign up.