Forum › im searching of great yuri..any recommendation?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Always odd to find this type of questions let's see...No Candy Boy(and the spin off)?, Poor Poor lips, Sisterism(for the fun), Shoujo holic, Anything with the Nanoha x Fate or Eila x Sanya tag. Seriously you're better off slowly searching through all the yuri of the site.

I liked the Candy Boy spinoff better than the original series, really. And Shoujo Holic, I think was already mentioned.

As to the doujin stuff, I read it as the OP looking for self-contained series rather than fanfic.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I liked the Candy Boy spinoff better than the original series, really. And Shoujo Holic, I think was already mentioned.

As to the doujin stuff, I read it as the OP looking for self-contained series rather than fanfic.

Young girls had an actual conclusion and linked really well with the original...yeah it was a little better. I didn't see shoujo holic ooops. As for doujins I dunno the question is kinda ambiguous so I just mentioned the "almost" foolproof pairings.

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

Always odd to find this type of questions let's see...No Candy Boy(and the spin off)?, Poor Poor lips, Sisterism(for the fun), Shoujo holic, Anything with the Nanoha x Fate or Eila x Sanya tag. Seriously you're better off slowly searching through all the yuri of the site.

what was the title of the spin off? did it go by the same name or different?

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

http://dynasty-scans.com/series/candy_boy_young_girls_fall_in_love

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

http://dynasty-scans.com/series/candy_boy_young_girls_fall_in_love

thanx Rye

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Actually I am embarrassed not to mention Kimochi no Katachi Kana. I must be slipping.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Actually I am embarrassed not to mention Kimochi no Katachi Kana. I must be slipping.

There is just too many to recommend, hard to keep them all in mind when these sort of threads pop up.

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

Asagao to Kase-san (or just Kase-san). Light and fluffy. Much love, good art. Kawaii

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

Anything by Otsu Hiyori is amazeb*lls!

Manga:
-Girl's ride
-I so badly wanna recommend Blue friend and Kimi Koi Limit but they're both quite heavy on the angst.
-under one roof (easy going story, but the art is not as "good" as prism, but still worth the read)
-Love Flag Girls! (Gives off the same vibe as Gokujou Drops but the latter has a more true-to-life story than the former. But it does contain lots of wonderful yuri!)

If you're also looking for one-shots, I recommend
-Your Fragrance (Minase Ruruu)
-Fuyu No Shi (Tamamusi)
-and everything by Amagakure Gido and Oosawa Yayoi! Guaranteed to give you lots of HNGGGG moments! :D

EDIT: just don't read Black Yaggy and Medicine Sweet. It has a big NO sign on it for you if you're really not into anggsssssst

last edited at Oct 11, 2014 6:19AM

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

that's a great suggestion, i couldn't say it because i forgot how to write it,
one of the first i read, with just a little of angst, but not to much

joined Jan 30, 2013

There is just too many to recommend, hard to keep them all in mind when these sort of threads pop up.

And yet the "great" stuff seems so rare...
This list might help too: http://mizuno-youko.livejournal.com/86604.html?nojs=1

joined Oct 7, 2014

@rye..is it to odd and too ambiguous? hehe..then just to set it straight, anything that has same vibe as prism/octave/hajuku joshi will do..
yeah i do start browse one by one (alphabetically) and look for the piece im interest.
@underachiever - u r right.i will not read any incest :(
@nezchan - thank u. yes im not looking for fanfic and one-shot...
ahh...so many series to catch up and to try on..and as usual i move so slow.

Gokujo Drops,
Ebisu-san and Hotei-san > Read it..story is quite heartwarming but there is no love declaration and im frustated..
Chatting At the Amber Teahouse
Green
Pieta > despite its has heavy on good recommendation from yuri readers, i still cant catch up with slow and depressesing vibe of the story..maybe ill try when im in the actual mood to read something like this
Collectors > too much interrupting from the 3rd point of view..
The Flower and the Star
First Love Sisters
Aqua Blue Cinema
Husky and Medley
kuchibiru_ni_suketa_orange > Plain OK.
unchanging_days
pure_water_adolescence
yukemuri_sanctuary
raubritter
From Aiu Station On The Hiragana Line
I'll Send Her Home On The Last Train (sequel)
Graffiti
Cirque Arachne
Wife and Wife
Cross Hearts
The Miko's Words
Witch's Incantations
The Lovesick Over My Best Friend
clover
Kisses, Sighs, and Cherry Blossoms Pink
Poor Poor lips, Sisterism
Kimochi no Katachi Kana
kase san
all @satsuki yuri listed (thanks for all the warning like heavy on angst or whatsoever there..)

despite all those long waiting list im moving too slow guys..
but keep suggesting..

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

If you're unhappy because there's no obvious declarations of love in Ebisu-san and Hotei-san, you might want to skip Girl's Ride and Chatting at the Amber Teahouse, because they're both subtle.

Then read Wife and Wife twice.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Oh sorry I didn't read the other post(too long) but I think you should be fine now that's a lot of titles, you'll naturally start reading some of the updates that show up every now and then. @Nezchan twice is not enough it is fu~fu after all.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Oh sorry I didn't read the other post(too long) but I think you should be fine now that's a lot of titles, you'll naturally start reading some of the updates that show up every now and then. @Nezchan twice is not enough it is fu~fu after all.

Now now, one has to build up their sweetness tolerance first.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Stuff that others haven't recommended (I think):

Two and Two by Yoshitomi Akihito - one of the most unique love triangle mangas, specially the ending (I hate love triangles, but I was not able to hate this one)

Sweet Little Devil by Nanzaki Iku - Mature content rather short chapters.

First Love by Suga Atsushi - another short one, romance manga.

Unchanging Days by Aki Eda - Yet another short one, romance manga.

The Real Her by Imamura Youko - Nobody suggested this one? /sad. It's my favorite romance. (on-going series, ending soon)

Roommates by Tamamusi - Romance, has a tiny bit of mature content.

Arcadia ~Flowers of Paradise~ by Mizuno Touko - short supernatural romance, mature content.

I Fell in Love For the First Time by Asagi Ryuu - Smutty mature content, Asagi Ryuu does some pretty good romance with mature content, unfortunately the mature content is... rather umm... There are lots of fluids...

I Want to be Honest by Asagi Ryuu - Same mangaka, same warning ^ additionally: It's about 2 different couples who, near the end, suddenly have an orgy... yea... xD

`

Not sure on how you stand about non-originals, but theres a few doujin series that I recommend (don't need to know the original series, they stand on their own quite well, as is most of the cases):

MariAli by Ichinose - (Touhou Project doujin) gets a bit too angsty maybe, pays off quite well IMHO since it does not last long

We Went On Our Honeymoon by Ayukko - (Madoka doujin) cute short story, just about em going on a honeymoon...

NicoMaki - Dating Life by Nebukuro - (Love Live doujin) Romance, mature content on the last chapter, quite nice.

last edited at Oct 12, 2014 12:00AM

joined Oct 7, 2014

update:
today i'll pick 3 series to read and quite satisfy on my reading

twin cake>im not sure if this suggest by anyone here or i pick accidentally. but i love the story plot and how they progressing.it something that i looking for to read
shoujo holic > same as twin cake.the love is vibrant and heartwarming. i like it!
love flag girls> same as above..the love and mature content is something straightforward and yes..i like it!

@ flips..thanks for your recommendation
some of the series you suggest i already read.. (blushing)
sweet little devil > one shot but has a background story of how their intimate life come together. i love the pairing so much that i hope the artist will create a self contained /spin off series for this couple
i fell in love for the first time> i kinda like this too..but too much mature content in it.
since you already give a suggestion that i already like, so i will pick up all your recommend to my reading list i guess..thank you~

since im here, i want to read a doujin for these pairing (aya x miki -hello project) & (robin x nami -one piece) but never success to find one.
if you guys happen to know/read anything about it please let me know too.
thanks

last edited at Oct 12, 2014 12:58AM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

love flag girls> same as above..the love and mature content is something straightforward and yes..i like it!

Theres another story by the same mangaka: Itoshi wo Tome

Starts a bit odd with a sort of yuri-rape moment (I got no idea of why it was there TBH) and a sad backstory, other than that it is just as fun as Love Flag Girls with some fast drama. Also don't let the Het tag in ch6 spook you, the dude turns out to be pretty cool in the end.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

twin cake>im not sure if this suggest by anyone here or i pick accidentally. but i love the story plot and how they progressing.it something that i looking for to read
shoujo holic > same as twin cake.the love is vibrant and heartwarming. i like it!

you find the first because they are from the same artist, obviously if you liked something, you try works of the same autor,
talking about the less angst yuri, i have 2 name i didn't see above, Unchanging days and Tandem lover,
and also Orange of Rokuroichi, but i'm sure someone already write it

joined Oct 7, 2014

@lucamarte..ahaha yes.you correct.im indeed browsing the same artist to find their other pieces.

the things with my current internet is having a prob and running in slow speed. i have no option to download the series first before i can read it. here in dynasty scan unfortunately we can only dl 1 file/3 hrs. is there any way to bypass or cheating so that i can dl everytime i need?

joined Oct 7, 2014

update..update :)
poor poor lips>its kinda unexpected.once i got it all (download all chapter) i git depressed because of the art. i force myself reading it though and surprisingly it has so many dorky dorky and funny moment that i cant help myself to laugh and feel dookyun~. i love it and i cant get enough of it until they truly embrace their love.
Roommates > too short i hope there is more drama to it.i like it anyway though
the real her> urm...i can feel the love but the tsundere is too much...
ah~help! i cant get enough of yuri~i blame prism for this sudden obsession...

joined Oct 7, 2014

update2~
i read some more yesterday...
pieta>i feel a bit skeptical about pieta at first.when ithas less doki doki moment but as many had said this series is great!it got me cried a bit.
aqua blue cinema>heartwarming and cute like crazy..i really like tae nice and considerate character..i hope i can read more series like this..

joined Jun 5, 2014

guyz

currently ive beeen searching for great yuri. i prefer the type with simple yet heartwarming romance story, realistic plot with some mature content ;)
im trying hard to avoid the one with sci-fi, horror, animal ear, magical or something like that. im not really fond to any of these genre.

for me, i really LOVE (not just like) but LOVE the kind of story like prism, stretching, octave, hanjuku shoji..those type i most prefer so far... Is there any manga yuri that has same vibe like those above? Please let me know...

i read citrus and girlfriend due to its good recommendation..it is ok but not really my type.
citrus is way to angst for me and girl friends has so many unnecessary plot that doesnt really helping the main character relationship.

please anyone..if you got any suggestion about what im searching for, please let me know.
TQ

you seem to like "slice of life" n Light yuri manga. hmm how about start with reading the same mangaka manga?. since prism and stretch is the same author. .but its better to DIY since we could only recommend what we like and not what you might like ;D

start from http://dynasty-scans.com/tags/yuri and DIY you lazy girl :D:D:D:D:D::D:D

p/s yes im a tsundere

joined Oct 7, 2014

@psychopath
i really need some opinion by others..i do..because when i search by myself i end up reading something i dont like..example: ayame, mousou honey, ohana holoholo.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

You seem waaaay pickier than I am and that's hard to do...try to pay attention to the tags 1st you want something lighthearted? search the tags comedy yuri you'll see stuff like shinozaki, NSFW means nudity of some kind so keep an eye for that if you want "that". Honestly you just gotta roll with it sometimes and you'll find something you like just avoid het bisexual and such if you have allergies like me XD. Oh and you should REALLY think about reading Candy Boy its good and you're missing out the spin-off which doesn't have twincest.

@Psychopath Did you admit being a tsundere out loud? there's no way I would do that I mean I AM kinda tsundere but I'm not going to write tha- crap how do I delete?!

To reply you must either login or sign up.