Forum › A "small" topic for video games

joined Mar 23, 2013

Doing everything in Xenoblade takes a very long time and knowledge. Quest givers that appear at certain times and certain places. Ugh game why do this?

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Yeah I think I'll just do plot, sorry side quests you take too long and I got **** to do...........eh...maybe on my next run but never a 100% run since that would take years.

Oh right the tower thing is coming out today in splatoon...no wonder the rooms are filled with lvl 20s lol.

Series: Show by Rock!! Pairing: Rosia x Tsukino Link: pixiv

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Ok why is wii fit trainer so good?! xD.
Replaying FE:Shadow dragon(ds) again...silly game! why do you want me to kill my own units so badly!? >_>

Series: DanganRonpa Pairing: Kyouko x Celestia Link: pixiv

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

So... Uh... I was taking a stroll on /v/ when i stumbled upon this:

So, there’s a female character named Soleil in Fire Emblem Fates. She is a lesbian, that is her actual canon character trait. She speaks about being attracted to girls and she finds men ugly, and yet you can’t romance her as the female Kamui (the player avatar), only as the male Kamui. How you may ask? Well, you’ll regret asking.

So the male Kamui drugs Soleil with a magic powder (without consent) that makes her perceive men as women, during this she begins having feelings for the player, so far suggesting it’s only because she now perceives them as a woman. When the powder wears off, she finds herself in love and attracted to the male Kamui sexually, asking him to touch her and so forth.

In her early dialogue she speaks of her lesbianism as a weakness preventing her from being a strong woman, and this is what causes the player to go through with drugging her and “turning her straight”. Once again, there is no option to romance Soleil with the female Kamui, despite her being a lesbian, you must go through with magical gay conversion therapy if you wish to romance her.

I don't quite know how to research stuff for Fates so... Is this for real?

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

From what I searched on Google that is indeed real, now I want to see Nintendo explain that...

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Seems to be the case
Well, reading from the transcript itself i'm not as pissed as i was just now, 'cause this is kinda... Laughably bad, the support conversations in Awakening most definitively wasn't it's strongest point and from the looks of it Fates hasn't changed it

last edited at Jul 2, 2015 11:09PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

So, there’s a female character named Soleil in Fire Emblem Fates. She is a lesbian, that is her actual canon character trait. She speaks about being attracted to girls and she finds men ugly, and yet you can’t romance her as the female Kamui (the player avatar), only as the male Kamui. How you may ask? Well, you’ll regret asking.

So the male Kamui drugs Soleil with a magic powder (without consent) that makes her perceive men as women, during this she begins having feelings for the player, so far suggesting it’s only because she now perceives them as a woman. When the powder wears off, she finds herself in love and attracted to the male Kamui sexually, asking him to touch her and so forth.

In her early dialogue she speaks of her lesbianism as a weakness preventing her from being a strong woman, and this is what causes the player to go through with drugging her and “turning her straight”. Once again, there is no option to romance Soleil with the female Kamui, despite her being a lesbian, you must go through with magical gay conversion therapy if you wish to romance her.

Yes. The girl who uncovered that made sure to run the translation and the transcript by several people to make absolutely sure, plus assemble screen shots to back it up.

Of course she got harassment and death threats for pointing it out, duh.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

I had actually heard the gay conversion part was false and she had identified as bisexual from the beginning, though the other stuff is true...

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I had actually heard the gay conversion part was false and she had identified as bisexual from the beginning, though the other stuff is true...

Apparently she had one line where she says it's not 100% impossible that she could consider a guy, but otherwise she talks about her preference for girls.

I mean hell, I know hardcore dykes who have said similar things, so I dunno if you'd call that an admission of bisexuality.

last edited at Jul 2, 2015 11:18PM

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Apparently she had one line where she says it's not 100% impossible that she could consider a guy, but otherwise she talks about her preference for girls.

Other than that though, the part about being her being drugged into liking guys wasn't true - she considered her fainting over cute girls during battles a weakness and the drug thing was supposed to help her overcome that. The whole support seems to have been written really awkwardly, but I seriously doubt that Nintendo would display such overt homophobia in one of their games.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Hm...I tried to avoid reading this kind of things but just had to after these posts...and well she's a 2nd gen character and just like the Awakening S ranks that was very awkward instead not offensive, I am very confused on why they decided to make notInigo's daughter also hit on girls while not been able to S rank any :/

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Hm...I tried to avoid reading this kind of things but just had to after these posts...and well she's a 2nd gen character and just like the Awakening S ranks that was very awkward instead not offensive, I am very confused on why they decided to make notInigo's daughter also hit on girls while not been able to S rank any :/

That's a great question, hahaha...I wish she could though, it'd make the whole thing seem less implicatory...

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Wow... I feel... disgusted...

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Other than that though, the part about being her being drugged into liking guys wasn't true - she considered her fainting over cute girls during battles a weakness and the drug thing was supposed to help her overcome that. The whole support seems to have been written really awkwardly, but I seriously doubt that Nintendo would display such overt homophobia in one of their games.

Yeah the post i quoted went a little overboard, it's still rubbing salt in the wound though with the whole only one lesbian relationship possible while there's another perfectly suitable character around

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

^ But if she perceives men as women with the drug, what is the point of it? She still "seeing women".

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

^ I read somewhere that in other supports (not with the male protag) she mentions she is in fact bisexual, and the drug thing only comes up in one of them.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Fire Emblem is turning too... weird.. First adding (what essentailly are) sex scenes, and now drugs are in the mix?

Last one I played was the one for the GC, what the hell is going on? lol

last edited at Jul 2, 2015 11:43PM

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Fire Emblem is turning too... weird.. First adding (what essentailly are) sex scenes, and now drugs are in the mix?

Last one I played was the one for the GC, what the hell is going on? lol

This is the first one I've really paid attention too, but the way you said it made me realize that this whole thing is pretty weird, huh?

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

The drug only lasts for a while to get her used to being close to girls without fainting so she would have no problem out there, dude kinda uses this as an opportunity though

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It's still presented as the one guy who could "turn" a lesbian. Who, again, can't be romanced by a female character so that seems to be her intended role in the story.

I would imagine that's not a narrative most folks around here would be on board with.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

It's still presented as the one guy who could "turn" a lesbian. Who, again, can't be romanced by a female character so that seems to be her intended role in the story.

I would imagine that's not a narrative most folks around here would be on board with.

Yeah, it really is messed up. Here's hoping it'll be changed for the English release!

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Bleh at least she can A+ with female(s?) which from what little I've gathered are platonic supports. I don't really care about pairing 2nd gen characters anyway and I just skip them nowadays except for Chrom(Sumia), MU, Sully(Donnel) kids because they grow OP very quickly. STATS OVER SHIPS ALL THE WAAAAAAAAAY

Fire Emblem is turning too... weird.

They added a lot fan service to appeal to the "waifu/husbando" ppl from Awakening, gotta boost those sales! I just hope it doesn't get as bad as the Chrom x F!MU fans

Eh honestly adding back the children mechanic was a bad idea in general...

last edited at Jul 3, 2015 12:26AM

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Eh honestly adding back the children mechanic was a bad idea in general...

From what I have read romance on Fire Emblem is already a bad idea, even more children mechanic...

I'm starting to wonder if Nintendo will eventually make everyone bisexual on Fire Emblem, don't have gay option, it's homophobic, only one gay option, homophobic, said gay options seens to be psychos, homophobic, het option that seens to cure a lesbian, homophobic, no matter what they do it still have something homophobic because they write something stupid, better go overboard and make romance with everyone, can't go wrong with that right? Right? I bet Nintendo would screw up even with everyone bisexual...

last edited at Jul 3, 2015 12:47AM

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

^I've never heard of that before but it looks awesome. What is it, a Brawl hack?

This topic has been locked.