Forum › I want to make a yuri manga...but

joined Sep 28, 2014

but I lack the writing skill. I can draw manga style pretty well but can't write a good plot to save my life. I can email/post my art sample if anyone is curious. Does anyone in here like to work with me in creating a one shot original story? I think 10 pages max for start. Credit will be given to everyone who's involved. If it's well liked, we can make sequel. Reason for the sudden inspiration, I always wanted to give back to the community but lack the skill until now.

Oh, I'm looking for a YURI story to work on, not other category.
But post in here if you're interested in working with me.

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

cool idea. btw, I'd talk with the nice folks over at deviant hearts. plenty of fiction writers. ya might be able to pair up with someone there if no takers here.

joined Sep 28, 2014

cool idea. btw, I'd talk with the nice folks over at deviant hearts. plenty of fiction writers. ya might be able to pair up with someone there if no takers here.

Good idea, I hope DH still have enough active writer.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I'm the opposite, I'm confident I can write but my drawing skills need practice...a LOT. I want to try solo first so I dunno, post your work someone will get interested no doubt good luck and have fun!

%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

I can write, but in another language.
While I can't draw.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

If I have a detailed outline in front of me, I can turn it into good writing (I like to think). I don't know about original writing though, and my artistic skills are poor and time consuming.

Even so, I have an idea for a Fairy Tail doujin with Lucy x Levy that I surely would like to see happen, especially since I couldn't find any Lucy x Levy doujins no matter how hard I looked. I know pretty much how the heart of it would go, but I would probably need help with fleshing out the rest of the story as well as drawing it.

joined Sep 28, 2014

While I can't draw.

As long as you can make some kind of plot, we can work around the language part. There's a lot of editor and grammar check people we can get a hold of. I just don't want to spend hours working on a one shot only to realize nothing in the story make any sense xD

joined Sep 28, 2014

If I have a detailed outline in front of me, I can turn it into good writing (I like to think). I don't know about original writing though, and my artistic skills are poor and time consuming.

Even so, I have an idea for a Fairy Tail doujin with Lucy x Levy that I surely would like to see happen, especially since I couldn't find any Lucy x Levy doujins no matter how hard I looked. I know pretty much how the heart of it would go, but I would probably need help with fleshing out the rest of the story as well as drawing it.

Omg Yuri Girl, I looove ur scanlation works! :D I stalked you since the time you post up your first project.
And by detailed outline, do you mean an art of the character? And I recently bought a wacom cintiq, which makes drawing 10x faster. Because of this, making a manga isn't too time consuming for me. I can post up some of my arts later today after work (gotta go in 30mins) and see if u're somewhat interested.

And for some reason, I never got into Fairy Tail. Ironically, I got into the prequel of it, Rave Master from the same author. XD I would volunteer to help, but I don't know Lucy and Levy too well that I might mess up their characterization and facial expression.

joined Sep 28, 2014

I'm the opposite, I'm confident I can write but my drawing skills need practice...a LOT. I want to try solo first so I dunno, post your work someone will get interested no doubt good luck and have fun!

Okay, I'll post up a few of my works later today. I mainly do semi realistic art, so I would have to draw out a few cleaned up manga sketches before posting it here.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I can draw manga style pretty well...

I always cringe when I hear that. It generally means "I can draw a pretty good imitation of simple manga" and you can see a pile of it on deviantArt already.

Don't draw in manga style. Draw in your style, especially if you already know realistic anatomy, perspective and so forth. It'll turn out much better in the end.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

And by detailed outline, do you mean an art of the character? And I recently bought a wacom cintiq, which makes drawing 10x faster. Because of this, making a manga isn't too time consuming for me. I can post up some of my arts later today after work (gotta go in 30mins) and see if u're somewhat interested.

The art might give me ideas (in fact that's what I do with my credits pages), but I'm not good enough to write a full story from the art outline.. I meant a detailed story outline. Whenever I've written my own stories in the past, while I think they sound good, they always end up fairly short and lacking depth. And that's why I said I would probably need help fleshing it out.

And for some reason, I never got into Fairy Tail. Ironically, I got into the prequel of it, Rave Master from the same author. XD I would volunteer to help, but I don't know Lucy and Levy too well that I might mess up their characterization and facial expression.

Well, my idea could probably be adapted to an original, I just wanted to see that pairing. Maybe when I see your sample, I'll get some ideas from it.

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

Well, my idea could probably be adapted to an original, I just wanted to see that pairing. Maybe when I see your sample, I'll get some ideas from it.

silly question, but have you ever posted your ideas online to a site like DH? if you are worried about depth, then getting feedback and criticism is the best way to help you fill in the areas of your stories that are lacking.

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

I'd like to sign up! I've written some fanfictions in ff.net and my own one-shots! If you want to read it, I could send it to you. I've also some experience with script-writing, as my friends and I have made a 12-minute film about drug abuse (for a SOCS project, I'm currently a form 4 student (or a sophomore in the US).

joined Sep 28, 2014

silly question, but have you ever posted your ideas online to a site like DH? if you are worried about depth, then getting feedback and criticism is the best way to help you fill in the areas of your stories that are lacking.

I actually wrote and posted some stuffs in the past.
This account when I was 16, didn't complete any of these stories.
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1122203/RikkaXx
And made another account because I forgot the password to the 1st account.
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1145183/just-sorry

So I can somewhat write a story, but lack the inspiration these days. I drew a few original manga in the past too, but can't find them in all the junks. Also, I think it would be more fun working with someone than going solo.

joined Sep 28, 2014

I'd like to sign up! I've written some fanfictions in ff.net and my own one-shots! If you want to read it, I could send it to you. I've also some experience with script-writing, as my friends and I have made a 12-minute film about drug abuse (for a SOCS project, I'm currently a form 4 student (or a sophomore in the US).

This is my DA for art samples (Don't have a particular style yet, though leaning toward the newest one posted):
http://anieed.deviantart.com/

Some one shot I made a long long time ago for I game I been playing. XD
http://anieed.deviantart.com/art/GaiaOnline-comic-strip-406215969

http://anieed.deviantart.com/art/Deadman-story-w-crappy-grammar-406216825

My manga style had changed some. Now that I had gotten better at anatomy but don't have any samples to show except doodles. Though a full colored semi realistic comic would be epic in the near future, though too much work on my part at the moment XDDD So I'm just shooting for manga style atm.

If you're still interest in working with me, can you give me ur ff.net link so I can read your story and see if we can pull something off.

joined Sep 28, 2014

The art might give me ideas (in fact that's what I do with my credits pages), but I'm not good enough to write a full story from the art outline.. I meant a detailed story outline. Whenever I've written my own stories in the past, while I think they sound good, they always end up fairly short and lacking depth. And that's why I said I would probably need help fleshing it out.

My DA:
http://anieed.deviantart.com/

Not much yuri stuff except this,
http://anieed.deviantart.com/art/Royo22-Commission-417187822

Yuri is sorta my little secret that I hide from my friends XD

joined Sep 28, 2014

I can draw manga style pretty well...

I always cringe when I hear that. It generally means "I can draw a pretty good imitation of simple manga" and you can see a pile of it on deviantArt already.

Don't draw in manga style. Draw in your style, especially if you already know realistic anatomy, perspective and so forth. It'll turn out much better in the end.

Thanks for correcting me, I don't mean copying someone else's style. I can't say I have a specific style yet, since I'm still experimenting. But not from imitating someone else's work, from self study and still life.

And let me rephrase my previous wording. I have a manga style for the one shot, that I created. One I can draw it at the top of my head without reference.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Pair up with Yuri Girl 1001 and/or Satsuki here they both sound more competent than me XD. Honestly I'm feeling really lazy/uninspired right now but I kinda want to give it a shot too it sounds like it could be a fun learning experience.

You should also mention something you're interested in drawing at the moment you say you don't like FT and I don't blame you everyone has different tastes, throwing ideas around is a great way to get inspired.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

I haven't, and it's all in my head at the moment. I guess some time soon I'll sit down and try to get it written out as much as I can. And you're right about feedback. In the past, when I wrote a couple of essays for school and I got feedback from classmates and the teacher on the first version, I tried to answer every point made in my own words, and it definitely improved the depth of my work (and my grade).

It wouldn't let me see that one unless I signed up, but I think your other stuff looks fantastic.

%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

While I can't draw.

As long as you can make some kind of plot, we can work around the language part. There's a lot of editor and grammar check people we can get a hold of. I just don't want to spend hours working on a one shot only to realize nothing in the story make any sense xD

Then how do you think of this?

joined Sep 28, 2014

I haven't, and it's all in my head at the moment. I guess some time soon I'll sit down and try to get it written out as much as I can. And you're right about feedback. In the past, when I wrote a couple of essays for school and I got feedback from classmates and the teacher on the first version, I tried to answer every point made in my own words, and it definitely improved the depth of my work (and my grade).

It wouldn't let me see that one unless I signed up, but I think your other stuff looks fantastic.

I was thinking a simple but interesting/different kinda girl met girl and fall (or un-fall) in love story taking place during Halloween. Simple to draw and contain a well liked theme. I can give feedback and do sketches. Once the story is fleshed out, I can clean up the lines and tone it. You can add in the text and quality check? I'm up for suggestion if you have other idea and role.

last edited at Sep 29, 2014 2:15PM

joined Sep 28, 2014

While I can't draw.

Love the story, your plotting is way better than mine that's for sure XD Since I don't know most of the characters in the story except Miku and Luka, I might have missed a few points. If we were to work together, I was thinking along the line of a love story with not too much physical action. Maybe themed around halloween since it's coming soon? I can finish the lining and toning on time if I can get a hold of the story/manga script early on.

joined Sep 28, 2014

Pair up with Yuri Girl 1001 and/or Satsuki here they both sound more competent than me XD. Honestly I'm feeling really lazy/uninspired right now but I kinda want to give it a shot too it sounds like it could be a fun learning experience.

You should also mention something you're interested in drawing at the moment you say you don't like FT and I don't blame you everyone has different tastes, throwing ideas around is a great way to get inspired.

I can do multiple one shots if enough people are interested, instead of working with just one person. But I was thinking girl met girl love story taking place during Halloween? Can go off on many directions with this idea. My hand is itching to draw witches and candies <(or any other thing related to this time of the month.) So the inspiration to draw is there, just lack of a story XD

%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

While I can't draw.

Love the story, your plotting is way better than mine that's for sure XD Since I don't know most of the characters in the story except Miku and Luka, I might have missed a few points. If we were to work together, I was thinking along the line of a love story with not too much physical action. Maybe themed around halloween since it's coming soon? I can finish the lining and toning on time if I can get a hold of the story/manga script early on.

Then you might want to wait for me to translate another story of mine. Characters are the same, but with a everyday-loveydovey story. (A little-to-none amount of action, though.)
Preview:

Miku: Ah~nom. *Throws some food into her mouth while prepairing for picnic.*
Luka: Take it easy, the food won't disappear on you after all.
Miku: They will if you get your hands on them first!
Luka: I ain't you, little foodie!

last edited at Sep 29, 2014 9:52PM

joined Sep 28, 2014

While I can't draw.

Then you might want to wait for me to translate another story of mine. Characters are the same, but with a everyday-loveydovey story. (A little-to-none amount of action, though.)
Preview:

Miku: Ah~nom. *Throws some food into her mouth while prepairing for picnic.*
Luka: Take it easy, the food won't disappear on you after all.
Miku: They will if you get your hands on them first!
Luka: I ain't you, little foodie!

Preview looks perfect, exactly what I was aiming for!!!! Please update me when you finish with the translation. I'll make a few sketches of miku and luka to show you later.

To reply you must either login or sign up.