Forum › A Love Yet To Bloom discussion

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

It's not easy being the tall highschool prince type I guess, you're always either confessed to or roped into acting in a play :P It's adorable how Takamine cares so much about Sakura now that she's actively worried about not having enough time to spend with her. Seeing Sakura blush up a storm at the end was all sorts of cute too, I'm now half hoping Takamine will read the thing she wrote and it will turn out to be kinda smutty, the reactions alone would be an absolute riot :P

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Sakura continues to be impossibly cute and soothing. Meanwhile, our intrepid protagonist seems like she's... learning that fun exists?

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

I was way off about the girl, and how things panned out were far better and more amusing than I'd hoped and expected! I mean she absofuckinglutely has a crush on Takamine but I do not think it comes into play at this point. Anyway, huge fan of genuinely every single thing that happened in this chapter, to the level that I'm tempted to go through it on a panel-by-panel basis, but for the sake of my own sanity I won't... go all out.

Key takeaways and emphases:

Hatori almost selling Takamine out was very amusing. Kinda wanted her to go through with it.

The spin on the girl's identity and confession was more obvious this chapter but was still brilliantly done, and I really like the girl which is always a bonus. Definitely has a crush on Takamine, but for absolutely no fucking reason I ship her with Hinata.

There's a lot to break down on this thought in particular, but If Takamine's growth leads to her starting to write or even becoming an author I'll be ecstatic. I adore just the thought of it. In any case, I'm really glad to see that she's decided to really go for something that she seems at least to a certain level genuinely interested in, and I'm excited to see how it'll all look.

Takamine acting all... I don't even know how to describe it, but worrying about not seeing Sakura enough and all, this shit just melts me. Also cute how Hatori's quiet remark about matching schedules kinda happened by the end of the chapter.

I'm very, very much hoping that with how intensely Sakura blushed at the end that whatever it is that she's written before was about Takamine. I'm 99% certain that it wasn't and she's just generally really shy about it because who wouldn't be, but just think how much more amusing that'd be.

The next chapters cannot come out soon enough, good lord.

I wonder if this will go the typical route of having her be a catalyst of some sort. That'd be kind of disappointing.

I'd say she turned out to be just that, but in a way that is the absolute opposite of disappointing.

last edited at May 12, 2024 9:49AM

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Sorry to have asked but why the 'public transportation' tag? o.o?

See literally the first page of the manga? They meet on the train.

What did you think? o.o

As I understand it, some tags are guides to genre, some are content warnings, and some are just pattern recognition (like Not Lizard).

I still think it’s a scandal that there’s no Aquarium tag. (I don’t really think it’s a scandal, but . . .)

Tags are also there to help you find stories using the advanced search function when you only remember a few details about them. In this case, school girls, one with glasses, mostly meeting on the train. (And I agree, Aquarium tag would be useful.) Half the time I respond to posts in What's that manga called?, it's from a tag search just based on the clues they give.

last edited at May 12, 2024 11:47AM

joined Jun 12, 2015

Yawn: the series.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Girl, what kind of works did you wrote ? HuuuUuUuh? that's a sus face lol

h3x posted:

Yawn: the series.

Must be really sad to comment only when you have something awful to say

last edited at May 12, 2024 10:59AM

joined Jun 12, 2015

That what this series is for me after 2 volumes. It's slow, but not special. Nothing new here.

joined Jan 3, 2020

That what this series is for me after 2 volumes. It's slow, but not special. Nothing new here.

I think there's value to this kind of slow-burn romance, especially in a coming-of-age story like this one.

Not every series needs the leads banging by chapter 7. That said, those types of series are typically more my speed.

joined Jun 12, 2015

I'm not against slowburns, but this series... I forget abouit it after finishing new chapter. It just nothing special.

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

I absolutely love this series. It has a quietness to it that I don't encounter often, even among slice-of-life stories. The characters are adorable, but still believable as people, contrary to a lot of comedy and cgdct series. And the art is very pretty as well.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I'm very, very much hoping that with how intensely Sakura blushed at the end that whatever it is that she's written before was about Takamine. I'm 99% certain that it wasn't and she's just generally really shy about it because who wouldn't be, but just think how much more amusing that'd be.

I dunno, that blush at the end was really something, actually surprised me how intense it was... and it was right at the end of the chapter so surely that's at least somewhat important :P I'd give it at least 50% chance.

last edited at May 12, 2024 1:08PM

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

Urgh literally every character in this gives me huge amounts of cute aggression

Why is h3x literally the most annoying person registered on this website? I'd rather see a 12 year old asking about robux or whatever.

last edited at May 12, 2024 2:05PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I dunno, that blush at the end was really something, actually surprised me how intense it was...

My first thought was "blush-sex!"

2024-01-09%2004_02_51-3%20_%20chapter%20162%20-%20the%20100%20girlfriends%20who%20really,%20really,%20really,%20really,%20really
joined May 28, 2020

I thought it was interesting that we just closed volume 2 with Sakura giving up on her Literature Association since she has Takamine now, and then the very next chapter, Takamine joins the drama club. Wonder if that'll be the thing for the volume?

starlighthanabi
joined Jan 13, 2021

I love it, reading this manga always makes my day a little better.

Meow
joined Dec 9, 2023

There's something so profound about the relationship between Takamine and Sakura. It's complex in its simplicity and God am I absolutely here for it.

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

LETS GOOOOOO
Every good Yuri series has some sort of theater involved in it lol

joined Jul 8, 2019

The president of the theater club has a nice motto for a club. I hope we see more of her - I like her already.

Noodlerama001
joined Feb 24, 2023

This series is a slow burn but it actually has something to say, the main characters quiet contemplating of what she really wants out of life the small moments with her love interest that chip away at her glazed over eyes little by little with each meeting. The “will the or won’t they” back and fourth tedium that some slow burns fall into aren’t felt here imo, because every chapter feels like progress even if it’s not always romantic.

I think this series is quite underrated, there’s just a lot of little things to like here that you might not appreciate right away

joined Nov 21, 2018

I dunno, that blush at the end was really something, actually surprised me how intense it was... and it was right at the end of the chapter so surely that's at least somewhat important :P I'd give it at least 50% chance.

I think Sakura's blush was too intense to be the more generalized embarrassment of having someone read her writing (we see this level of blushing from Mikemori) so I think it's either generalized girl x girl pining or something more specifically about Takamine.

Also yeah why the heck don't we have an aquarium tag? Is there a fear that so many series would get the tag that it'd become useless!?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Sorry to have asked but why the 'public transportation' tag? o.o?

See literally the first page of the manga? They meet on the train.

What did you think? o.o

As I understand it, some tags are guides to genre, some are content warnings, and some are just pattern recognition (like Not Lizard).

I still think it’s a scandal that there’s no Aquarium tag. (I don’t really think it’s a scandal, but . . .)

Tags are also there to help you find stories using the advanced search function when you only remember a few details about them. In this case, school girls, one with glasses, mostly meeting on the train. (And I agree, Aquarium tag would be useful.) Half the time I respond to posts in What's that manga called?, it's from a tag search just based on the clues they give.

Great point—I hadn’t even thought about the combined-tag search function, since I rarely use it.

I just (half-seriously) think that when a given trope puts in enough work and pays its dues over time it deserves its own tag, sorta like a sports team getting promoted to a higher division.

And Aquarium has been a rock-solid yuri performer for many, many years.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

And Aquarium has been a rock-solid yuri performer for many, many years.

The Lots of animals tag has started trying to do this work. Which is probably not good because it's not going to be applied to/be able to collect all aquarium releases and at the same time basically makes it so a given release doesn't actually need a lot of animals in it to get tagged.

Might be worth pinging Orange Pekoe on, I know the tag has been requested for a long time and it would be about as much work to get going as setting up the Theater tag was. (But I wouldn't be surprised if there are bigger plans for tagging and categorization in the works.)

last edited at May 14, 2024 1:01PM

kazeninaru365
joined May 13, 2024

I’m so much in love with all of the characters
And super happy to see more of HatorixHirose interactions.

I can understand their perspectives and they are both very sensitive / perceptive to their surroundings

This writing style and art styles are pure gold. It’s not the type of fan service nor mainstream “you love me, i love you” shallow narratives.

Can’t wait to read more of it, as I have seen the raw and I can’t wait to read about Hatori.

At this point, I’m somehow rooting for HatorixHirose interactions more than the main pair now. They are just amazing characters

To reply you must either login or sign up.