Forum › Posts by Yuki Kitsune

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Narita Megumu, professional lighthouse keeper, guiding the ships.

last edited at Apr 21, 2024 8:20PM

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

^ The Secret Stairs, one of my favorites!

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

As an autistic person, this is almost painfully relatable

Truth and mood.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I somehow missed the last 5 uploads, so I got to read 6 chapters (35-40) at once. What a ride! But I can't help but wonder how different it would have been to read some of that in Japanese, where the language is less gendered. (Edit: not intended as criticism of the translation, merely an observation on the linguistic challenges.)

P.S., it was supervised handholding. She made Ralaire stay with them.

last edited at Apr 9, 2024 2:09PM

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Wow, I was convinced this would turn out to be an April Fools chapter. I got fooled?

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Looking for a one shot where the protagonist dumps her girlfriend because women couldn't get married and didn't have a future together. it fast fowards several years and the protagonist is miserable, stuck with kids and a husband that doesn't care for her. She sees her ex by coincidence and sees that her ex has everything she wanted, she got married in a country that allows same sex marriage and has successful career. One shot ends with the mc regretting dumping her ex. I might be misremembering some key parts since it's been awhile but I'm hoping someone is able to recognize this story

The description reminds me a little of Murasakino's lighter stuff, like There is no Love Wishing Upon a Star. No marriage in it, though. Most everything I can think of is from the perspective of someone who's same-sex romantic interest entered into a het marriage.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I may not enjoy everything by Akiyama Haru, but I always appreciate her skill as a story-teller. And this one, so far, looks like one I'm going to like. Looking forward to more.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015
Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Okay, I’ve got one from page clippings a friend made. The main character is a tan gyaru werewolf, and from what I saw it seems like she has a vaguely BDSM-y thing going on with a member of the faculty at her school who might be a vampire?

Drawing a blank on manga and webtoons, but it does remind me of some images from marceline2174.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I love this manga and anime that are basically pamphlets for a certain region.

Flying Witch, Nettaigyo wa Yuki ni Kogareru, The Aquatope on White Sand (anime), and now this . . . The stories I basically read/watch with Google maps open.

last edited at Feb 5, 2024 5:08PM

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

This manga is up for voting for a chance to be turned into an anime.
If anyone is interested: #48
https://anime-japan.jp/en/activities/ajranking

Kimi to Tsuzuru Utakata ("The Summer You Were There") is also on the list.

last edited at Feb 4, 2024 11:38PM

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Is there a way to suggest alternate titles? I just discovered that Can't Defy the Lonely Girl is officially named "I Can't Say No to the Lonely Girl." (Which, IMO, is a terribly cumbersome name, but not my call.)

Edit: Thanks for updating!

last edited at Feb 5, 2024 10:47PM

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I keep returning to this, this short two part story is gold

Three-part story.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

The british English was really thick on this chapter. I wish they'd use normal standard English.

It's funny that English came from the Brits yet theirs is not 'standard'.

Funnily enough, I was just having a conversation with someone this past week about how the internet is causing British and American English to blend. It was after their phone gave both "canceled" and "cancelled" as auto-complete options, and they couldn't remember which one was the American spelling. Seeing more and more people/places adopt "grey" for "gray" or "axe" for "ax" &c. It'll be interesting to see what happens to spelling over the next 20 years.

Yuki Kitsune
Anyone seen Nezchan? 08 Jan 23:52
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Noticed this thread immediately after realizing that OrangePekoe hasn't posted since October. Was about to head over to Discord to check on them. I'm sure herding all the kitties on here can be overwhelming sometimes.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

^ At Midnight, Munch Munch
Bon appétit.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Just... how do you split 14 pages between 22 (21?) TL teams?
Sounds like a fun logistical nightmare.

That's just teams. I count:
* 2 Pre-producers
* 53 Cleaners
* 23 Redawers
* 27 Translators
* 26 Typesetters
* 9 editors
* 1 Proofreader
* 9 Quality checkers/reviewers
* 4 Post-producers
* 2 Coordinators

(Apologies if my counts might be off here or there.)

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Anyone have any with supportive friends or family? Gays being gay with people all like aww look so gay

Lily Love comes to mind.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I love how everyone around them is hinting, "Look, we already bought the wedding gifts, so hurry up and confess."

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015
Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Just discovered this thread, and I think I'm scared by how many of these I remember. I mean, I just celebrated turning 50, but I didn't feel old until...this.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

All too often, people treat their personal preferences or biases like they're objective truth. These kinds of people don't truly understand the meaning of opinion because their whole identity is built around beliefs. There's no point in listening to them.

As RAO says, I enjoyed LycoReco but it didn't make it on my list of all-time favorites. But that's just personal taste. I'm glad that the show gets the love it does and that you became so fond of it. My own tastes tend to run outside the mainstream, so I try to be cognizant of where I gush about them. It's great when you have people who share your tastes, but sometimes it takes effort to find them, and that can feel a bit lonely. It's one reason I value the community here on Dynasty. I may not know these people, but it's a place I can share my thoughts with those whose tastes at least overlap with mine.

The absolute best is when you find people who can appreciate your enthusiasm even when they don't necessarily have the same tastes. Those folks are worth their weight in platinum.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

"They should be among the stars right now..."

(The danger of reading an author's works all in one sitting.)

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

^ This sounds like Sumire no Hana (aka Sumire's Flowers or Violet Blossoms ). It was published in a collection from Kaoru Mori, which appears to be licensed to Yen Press.

last edited at Nov 6, 2023 6:53PM

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Beautiful chapter, and a great example of why this series made it onto my Favorites list so quickly. Thanks for the hairpin explanation!

Note to TL: seems the word "each" is missing from "...first time we've seen other in the morning." Fixed.

last edited at Nov 2, 2023 12:30PM