Forum › Kimi to Tsuzuru Utakata discussion

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

The inevitable feeling of her passing is utterly dreadful. There hasn't been any hope for so long now. It's just... waiting.

joined Jul 7, 2020

dont do it author buddy we can talk about this one just

last edited at Jun 30, 2023 12:35AM

Img_20220602_141642-min%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)
joined Feb 5, 2020

SHIZUKUUUUUUUUUU
TELL HER NOW SHIZUKUUUUUU
DON'T WAIT FOR TOMORROW AND TELL HER NOWWWWW SHIZUKUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Img_20220602_141642-min%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)
joined Feb 5, 2020

SHIZUKUUUUUUUUUU
TELL HER NOW SHIZUKUUUUUU
DON'T WAIT FOR TOMORROW AND TELL HER NOWWWWW SHIZUKUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Author pls don't pull any last min drama before their talk pleaseeee I beg of you, please don't pull that pointless trope for extra unsatisfying angst pleaseeee. I don't need Kaori to live, but this series would seriously drop major points for me if Shizuku isn't able to confess before Kaori dies. I just need them to have a couple of moments together as a real couple before her death ughhhh

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

You can vote for KimiTsuzu (and a few other mangas you like) here: https://tsugimanga.jp/en/nominate2023-comics/. You only need Twitter or Facebook account to vote. Voting ends July 10th, 2023.

This series deserves to win.

Imagine Shizuku dies instead of Kaori bc she can’t bear to lose Kaori now at this point and she’s desperate enough to do something stupid to cause her to be able to transplant a necessary organ.

I think that's not the kind of disease Kaori has. If it was a disease that could be solved with a transplant, she would still be holding out hope instead of assuming she was going to die.

Considering her symptoms, I'd wager it's cancer.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

I'm seeing a few people fearful that Shizuku will not get to say "I love you" before Kaori dies. Am I the naive one for believing that Kaori will live long enough to hear those words?

joined Oct 14, 2020

I'm seeing a few people fearful that Shizuku will not get to say "I love you" before Kaori dies. Am I the naive one for believing that Kaori will live long enough to hear those words?

If she does get to say it, it'll likely be in Kaori's final moments. I imagine she'll say it seconds before Kaori dies and the latter only responds with a smile before she passes on.

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Tomorrow is too far away༼⁠;⁠´⁠༎ຶ⁠ ⁠۝ ⁠༎ຶ⁠༽

last edited at Jun 30, 2023 5:27AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Such a beautiful date, but at the same time so much pain, and so much unsaid. But a promise to do so next time.

joined Feb 1, 2019

If she dies before knowing what Shizuku feels for her, it would be much more painful.

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Shizuku,the time has come.

Finish that story,finish those words,do it fast,do it hard,do it all night!

Then drag your sleep deprived ass and shout your heart out for your lass!

The reaper cometh,take heed!

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Not exactly, but the end of this chapter is a big fat potential this:

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DeadlyDeferredConversation

In Korean dramas it’s almost a dead certain lock that if a character puts off an important conversation something really bad will intervene to screw up everything.

Here it may just be setting up a full-blown confession scene for the next chapter. Or otherwise (see above).

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Wow, Enoshima Aquarium sure is a popular location in yuri manga.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

This chapter was rough ... I pretty much started crying...

It takes every single fiber of my being not to start crying. My heart still sinks to the abyss, that small "I don't want to die..." fuck.

At the same time the chapter was beautiful, and incredibly touching. Seeing the cracks start to show, and then Kaori breaking down like that, seeing her really lean on Shizuku and be this open with her, there is immense beauty in that. I do not think this wholly applies, but I was strongly reminded of the line "'Cause there's beauty in the breakdown..." from the song "Let Go" by Frou Frou. Relevant both in-universe and to me personally, with how close I am to that.

I also love Shizuku recognizing that there was nothing she could have said and decided to just embrace her and be there for her. Particularly at that time, if she were to confess, it probably would've been simultaneously the best and worst thing to happen to Kaori, and I dread to even imagine this. I dearly hope that she does, I genuinely believe she will. Looking forward to the coming chapters.

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

I feel like if they stopped apologizing to each other and started thanking each other things would go a lot better.
Like, "thank you for being born."
I need something besides Umineko to throw that line out.

Edit: By the way, Shizuku deferring the conversation might be her teensy little hope that it'll keep Kaori holding on until a Deus ex Machina.
Also, Enoshima Aquarium should sponsor Yuri Hime at this point LOL

last edited at Jun 30, 2023 8:34AM

Ss%20(2022-10-15%20at%2007.19.30)
joined Aug 19, 2021

We just deserve to cry, that's what i'm going to do...

Alan%20pequeno
joined Jun 20, 2022

No, nonononono, don't wait until tomorrow, just say it, just scream at the top of your lungs that you love her, I can already see something going wrong next chapter and we are just going to die crying

joined May 9, 2017

I know everyone wants a happy ending but in my case, I think it would be a cheap ending. Teasing her death since the beginning, without showing any possibility of a remedy/cure for her disease, it would just feels cheap to cure her last minute. Not that I want her to die, but letting the reader go through an emotional rollercoaster, starting even greaving for her death and all for nothing would feel fake.

I know that all of that allowed character growth and bonding, meaning her illness then recovery wouldn't have been just for the sake of drama, but sometimes, the beauty is in the tragedy.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

I know everyone wants a happy ending but in my case, I think it would be a cheap ending. Teasing her death since the beginning, without showing any possibility of a remedy/cure for her disease, it would just feels cheap to cure her last minute. Not that I want her to die, but letting the reader go through an emotional rollercoaster, starting even greaving for her death and all for nothing would feel fake.

I know that all of that allowed character growth and bonding, meaning her illness then recovery wouldn't have been just for the sake of drama, but sometimes, the beauty is in the tragedy.

I feel the same way. I would feel happier if she didn't die. But it would be a shame for the story. A lot of the themes here only make sense if Kaori dies.

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

Kaori must have been holding that in for so long.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Everytime a chapter for this series is posted, there is this welling of dread in the pit of my stomach. I understand why Shizuku hesitated, but girl, no. You can't. You can't wait. It is going to break my heart if Kaori dies before Shizuku gets to confess.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I'll tell you right now, when you have a loved one with a mortal illness, you should absolutely not put anything off. Because no matter how much you dread and expect the end, it will still find a way to surprise you.

It's certainly possible that Kaori will live long enough to hear it. But it's also possible that she won't. And the moment Shizuku starts taking tomorrow for granted, the opportunity will slip through her fingers.

Stretch%20full
joined Jun 13, 2012

I hasn't been following this story, and only just stumbled across the last few chapters (ch 27, ch 28). I think I'll put this away for now, if Kaori made miraculous recovery, I'll definitely read this. But looks like that's unlikely the case...

Stretch%20full
joined Jun 13, 2012

I have enough angst irl, I don't need any extra.

To reply you must either login or sign up.