Forum › Don’t Forget the Forget-Me-Nots discussion

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Does no one moderate these boards? It's disheartening to see biphobic slurs tolerated. It's hate speech and it's unacceptable.

Other than Ulquiorra trolling, which has already been taken care of, everyone else seems to be talking about bisexuals as they're presented in manga, which we'll all agree is almost always shitty, as opposed to actual bi people in real life. These are people on your side.

There is one comment that's ambiguous in that sense, but that's it. So wtf do you expect me to moderate here?

Fb_img_1433906853765
joined Mar 9, 2015

What the actual fuck is this shit??? Poor you buddy. The only faithfull one being toyed all over again and again. Good luck finding the right one dude.

joined Aug 29, 2014

There is one comment that's ambiguous in that sense, but that's it. So wtf do you expect me to moderate here?

"One more reminder that a bi is a synonym to a whore" is ambiguous?

FUCK THIS SHIAT!!! THOSE BIATCHES, WHY THEY TRYING TO SCREW WITH MISS TOMBOY??! O_O

joined Jan 8, 2014

I wonder why they added the detail of the pregnancy test. Like, showing that she was married/cheating was enough, no? Or was it to relate it to the ex better

It's to show that the mc will suffer again, :/

Someone asked who the fanbase is....maybe some people who once had the same thing happen to them? Cause the point of the story is you don't have to change(pierce your ears) after a break up cause the happy memories are still there...

Oh the other moral of the story is 90% of the time your dealing with bi, your gonna have a bad time...that is if you fail at relationships and dont realize who it is you really care for...like a side chick who decides, meh, im prego, byyyeeee
Or a snake who hasnt told ya she's married, but still lets you get emotionally attached....and then you get your heart kicked to pieces, because who the fuck can prepare for that shit! Especially if you had no fuckin idea! RAWWWWWR!!!!!!!

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

....we are currently experiencing feelz for the imaginary character...please continue on to regular commenting

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Isn't implementing a 'bad end' tag even worse than skipping directly to the last page of a book? Like watching a highly subjective ranting about whatever on yt? Where's the fun in dismissing the opportunity to discover it yourself and create your own opinion?
Tags a nice to find something specific, but I pretty much like the saying I picked up somewhere: "If one seeks something, they blind themselves to what they do not seek"...

Thank you.

Bad End tag will never be a thing.

And yeah, some of those posts were pure shit, but I did tell them to stop shit posting. If they continue I'll hand out the bans and stuff.

last edited at Nov 6, 2016 12:49PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Yes, because they could easily have been making an ironic statement about how bi girls are presented in manga. It doesn't necessarily mean you or me or anyone real. If they continue there'll be an issue, but it's foolish to jump to conclusions from just that.

last edited at Nov 6, 2016 1:56PM

Koro-sensei-avatars.alphacoders.com
joined Feb 18, 2016

hi It wa-s her first love.. wasnt it??

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Thought I was the only one bothered by the lead character assaulting the first girl. Was getting worried for a second there. Hell I'm still worried. And yeah. They seem to be self centered expletives. Don't mean the lead character ain't a screw up either.

And yeah. Most of the "bi hate" just seemed like people commenting on it as it relates to their depictions in manga. Except that one person who I'm not sure if is serious or not.

joined Oct 6, 2014

Yes, because they could easily have been making an ironic statement about how bi girls are presented in manga. It doesn't necessarily mean you or me or anyone real. If they continue there'll be an issue, but it's foolish to jump to conclusions from just that.

Lol. Are you serious? Have you read the inflamatory conversation that has followed? What needs to be said or to happen for you to think it's biphobia?

If this is the kind of garbage that gets a pass here I won't be back.

To bi and pansexuals, you are worth more than this.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Lol. Are you serious? Have you read the inflamatory conversation that has followed? What needs to be said or to happen for you to think it's biphobia?

If this is the kind of garbage that gets a pass here I won't be back.

To bi and pansexuals, you are worth more than this.

Dude, I AM bi/panromantic. And I'm serious too, what followed that statement was someone who was also bi taking it as a joke and one person trolling, which he was told to stop before you said anything, and he stopped. For context, it was preceded by three different people complaining about terrible portrayals of bi people.

So what inflammatory conversation are you talking about? Given none of it took place after drpepperfan said "knock it off", what is there to moderate here?

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

^

Wonder who is he talking about? ^.^

Official%20beidou%20cropped
joined May 22, 2016

^ She*

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

You guys wanna start a war that badly ?

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

I always saw the bisexual tag as having potential, because it means that the concerned character isn't straight. Rather than bisexual as in "her love interest doesn't have to be/doesn't have to end up with a man", that girls actually have a chance too, bi characters in yuri seem more to be about "they will leave you for a man". Although the opposite, "leaves the man for a girl", happens too, it just feels done less often than the first cliche.
... But hey, at least mc didn't get shot

The bisexual tag shouldn't be confused with how actual bisexual people work in real life. >.>

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I always saw the bisexual tag as having potential, because it means that the concerned character isn't straight. Rather than bisexual as in "her love interest doesn't have to be/doesn't have to end up with a man", that girls actually have a chance too, bi characters in yuri seem more to be about "they will leave you for a man". Although the opposite, "leaves the man for a girl", happens too, it just feels done less often than the first cliche.

The bisexual tag shouldn't be confused with how actual bisexual people work in real life. >.>

My rule is that you can't trust most manga authors to handle sensitive topics well, unless it's something that affects them directly. Maybe one time in fifty you'll get one who puts in the right kind of research, but most of the time you'll be let down. So you adjust expectations where you have to.

Official%20beidou%20cropped
joined May 22, 2016

What do you mean by that?
I'm uncertain if you mean that I shouldn't get my hopes up and expect bi characters in manga to act like how people usually act irl, or that you think I'm confusing badly written fictional bi characters as realistic bisexual behavior.
Or kinda like "damn bi people are shown to be such shit people in these stories, I hope no one really lets this seriously influence their impression of bi people, who are of course just people too"

last edited at Nov 6, 2016 8:05PM

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

I think they're agreeing with you essentially. Saying the contents of manga about it don't represent real life people.

Heimyfr
joined Aug 18, 2015

Fuck this story, and this thread too.
; _ ;

last edited at Nov 7, 2016 4:01AM

Dynasty02
joined May 25, 2013

Well, shit... I just hope people who read this realize they shouldn't 'use' someone for their own satisfaction, whatever your sexual orientation is. You can really mess people up like that. So sad.

last edited at Nov 7, 2016 8:41AM

Kumo2
joined Feb 18, 2014

Eh I knew it would end this way. But the representation for bi people in this story suck balls anyway. Just because they are bi, doesn't mean they are twice as likely to cheat...or they would go for anyone either.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I wonder what the reactions in this thread would be if Hana and Sayako had girlfriends instead of husbands. From where I am standing, it wouldn't change the core of the story at all, but at least the cries "bi people are misrepresented, whaaaaah" would end.

last edited at Nov 7, 2016 12:40PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I wonder what the reactions in this thread would be if Hana and Sayako had girlfriends instead of husbands. From where I am standing, it wouldn't change the core of the story at all, but at least the cries "bi people are misrepresented, whaaaaah" would end.

Now you're just being shitty. People can have concerns you don't, no need to belittle them.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Now you're just being shitty. People can have concerns you don't, no need to belittle them.

I apologize for that. However, it's hard to take their concerns to heart if same things are being repeated over and over again in slightly altered wordings, and the only real discussion taking place here seems to be about how you and other moderators should do your jobs.

last edited at Nov 7, 2016 2:24PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

You should have stopped at the first sentence.

Following an apology with "but" or "however" isn't a good look.

To reply you must either login or sign up.