Forum › Posts by Meursault

Meursault
Official%20beidou%20cropped
joined May 22, 2016

Thank you, id=3! (⁀ ᗢ⁀)~♥

id=3?

Everyone who signs up here has an id number. You can see it in your personal page. I'm 47108. You're 89567. The smaller the number, the higher your seniority. The number 1 has been deleted, so the eldest members of the forum are omnscient0 who is id=2 (and has been inactive for five years) and Casusby who is id=3 (and is the most senior active member, admin and moderator).

where can you find your personal page? I've only ever seen manage/edit your profile

last edited at Sep 11, 2023 1:57PM

Meursault
joined May 22, 2016

Does anyone know what this is from?

Meursault
joined May 22, 2016

The combination of tags and title had me very confused. "How is it not Yuri?" I asked. But I get it now: Kaede is just not very bright, is she?

But anyway, inb4 morality police shitstorm, brace for outrage, etc

So wait, why does this have the yuri tag? What are the implications of that?

I'm not sure where you're seeing that, because it still doesn't on my end. ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

oh shit no, my bad, typo
I was trying to ask why doesn't it have the yuri tag

Meursault
joined May 22, 2016

The combination of tags and title had me very confused. "How is it not Yuri?" I asked. But I get it now: Kaede is just not very bright, is she?

But anyway, inb4 morality police shitstorm, brace for outrage, etc

So wait, why doesn't* (typo) this have the yuri tag? What are the implications of that?

last edited at Apr 28, 2023 3:40AM

joined May 22, 2016

For those who have read the LN/WN and finished the anime, do they have the same ending?
Wondering if I should give the novels a go

Meursault
joined May 22, 2016

Does anyone remember the one (a few brief chapters iirc) where a girl tried to befriend this other girl in class bc her male friend asked her to get her contact info for him
Despite being kinda ignored, at one point when it rains, she goes to the extent of breaking her own umbrella to be able to go with her

Edit: nvm I got it, managed to remember the author being someone to do a delinquent series, which really helped narrow it down

last edited at Jun 16, 2022 2:51AM

Meursault
joined May 22, 2016

Reread the first part just yesterday! The mood is completely different, they came such a long way, I'm happy for them :)

Meursault
joined May 22, 2016
Shiogayze

^ endearing?

joined May 22, 2016

that was magic lube wasnt it

joined May 22, 2016

Everything I have been told about Sadistic Beauty is from a lot of people who have read the story. I don't care if there are people who do not agree with what I shared.

It’s not about “agreeing with what you said”; you’re just straight up lying. I could go and screenshot every single panel that contradicts what you said, but from the looks of it even if I did that you would not admit that you were wrong. So here is just one: GYERIN SUGGESTING THAT THEY HAVE A THREESOME: https://ibb.co/0J9t2sk. Sure looks like it was Doona who forced her, huh?

As a non-reader of the original series, I'd say that out of this exchange, Mari seems to be more knowledgeable of what they're talking about than someone who's just piecing together what they remember being told by various other readers, who frankly don't sound like they enjoyed those plot points and must have let those emotions affect the way they recounted the story.
Ever heard of the game of telephone? There's the source material/original message, then there's the first interpretation of that message (Mari and Ju Lilac), and then there's thewoman00 with their interpretation of various other interpretations of the message.
Regarding the provided story sample, it is at least clear to me that it really isn't a matter of opinion over what happened, when it's factually written there in black and white.

TLDR, ppl who base their opinions on hearsay should admit that they didn't experience the story firsthand, their opinions are based on the retelling of the story by others that are biased from their own opinions of what happened.
It seems very possible that talking about stuff when you have no idea what you're talking about just might lead to you being wrong, lmao. Just my two cents, because stubbornness baffles me.

Meursault
joined May 22, 2016

Fuckin' horny teenagers, doing it outside in the middle of the street

joined May 22, 2016

Oh sorry! I'll change it now that you have like 20 hrs left lol
I got mega lazy and only farmed today. I don't feel like investing time on re runs anymore tbh.

Starting this event, they're gonna give us rare prisms for welfare servants copies no 6 and up

joined May 22, 2016

Consider world A the one affected by disease, and world B the one not affected.

Our protagonist is Marika-A, born in world A. At a very young age, she was subject to an experiment and changed places with Marika-B from the unaffected world. Marika-A grows up thinking she actually belongs to world B.

Then Marika-B finds out about this experiment, and somehow reverts it, bringing herself back to her homeworld and switching places with protagonist Marika-A, who, in turn, believes she'd been transported to a strange world of only women, when that was actually the world she was born in all among.

tl;dr:: Marika is currently at the world she was born in, and from which she was taken long ago as part of an experiment.

Couldn’t she just settle with the world she’s in now?

The story seems to be heading in that direction, yes.

Well, her sister is certainly going to be upset by this.

Also Marika-A now has to process that her father isn't her father, and her brother isn't her brother, and seeing them ever again would mean stealing them away from their actual kin.

So I kinda feel like there's no happy ending here? No matter what, everybody involved has to mourn the permanent separation of some loved ones.

Oof, basically like a switched at birth story. World/family you were born in versus world/family you grew up in.
If both Marikas desire to live in the unaffected world, it'll be quite awkward an dilemma indeed
Seems like other-Marika was okay leaving the family she grew up with though? Assuming it was a conscious choice, when she went back 'home'

last edited at May 22, 2020 7:35PM

Meursault
Gemini discussion 24 Apr 11:57
joined May 22, 2016

Not enough corrupt characters smh. Who the hell is this author and what did she do to the real Kodama Naoko? It really is weird to fall in love with your twin after all. I mean, I wouldn't fu*k someone who looks exactly like me, but maybe that's just my low self-esteem hahaha. Btw how do you write the artist's name who illustrated the cover art?

https://www.mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=27126

Meursault
Image Comments 02 Apr 22:36
joined May 22, 2016

Minami is acting like that because unlike who was a loner and awkward socially, she was a loner but not socially awkward. Minami is acting like a bitch because the first friends she made was acting like that and she had to also act like that to not being a loner. #Minamididnothingwrong .

LOL
"Minami is just acting like a bitch to fit in, she did nothing wrong"
Lmfao oh my god, laughs in confusion

And sometimes people like characters BECAUSE they're complete assholes, provided that's what's the character is intended to be. (Characters who are supposed to be viewed as heroes or whatever but just come off as jerks are another story, though).

Yeah that's fair, characters who are assholes aren't necessarily unlikable, however, sounds like Lilliwyt is outright trying to justify her behaviour and pretty much saying that Minami acts like an asshole, thinks like an asshole, speaks like an asshole, but magically isn't an asshole and is not to blame for her actions lmaoo
If it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck, then... ?
I mean, it's okay to like her, but it sounds really damn weird and ridiculous to be that oblivious to her assholery. Sure you can sympathise and try to explain how "society" and the "pressure from social hierarchy" encourage all sorts of behaviour, but to state that she did nothing wrong, then fuuuckk lmao. That's some next level denial right there.
Fuck victims of bullying amirite, bullies did what they had to do xd

Meursault
joined May 22, 2016

For the curious, the title mean "A raining day".

Rainy*

Meursault
joined May 22, 2016

That was so heavy and relatable lmao
Might be the first chapter in a while in this series that got such strong feelings from me, pretty good stuff
I hope she'll find happiness eventually, I need to see her smile for real :')

Meursault
joined May 22, 2016

It was cute, but I'm also here to point out bass*
Was ready to give the benefit of the doubt until "base" appeared a second time

last edited at Nov 11, 2019 12:36AM

joined May 22, 2016

WHOA.
nice

joined May 22, 2016

And not just judging another group though, but outright trying to hijack their series? What the fuck? Who does that? That's so fucking rude. By that logic, a fair number of your past releases should've been pulled right out of your hands right from the start from how mediocre they were.

Meursault
joined May 22, 2016

The issue is that drmario has confirmed that he has not dropped the series and intends to keep working on it, however due to certain circumstances, the scanlation has been delayed. As this site is tries to stick with the same translator's work, the discussion is turning into a manipulative dialogue of either:
1. Update the series, circumstances and real life be damned
2. Give up the series

While the desire for updates is understandable, this isn't the right way to go about it. Attempting to group pressure the current scanlator into giving up their "rights" to the series is just a form of bullying. Privately offering to help seems like a much smoother way to do it, and if that doesn't work out, accept that fact, or try to form a compromise with them, instead of in a public discussion just to fish for people to back you up.

Furthermore, while I haven't seen examples of Darui's work, she has stated that she uses very basic software and raws, and as such, the quality of the scanlation could possibly not be satisfactory in the first place.

Meursault
joined May 22, 2016

ehhhhh when it's been 6 months since the last release with no update asking what's happening with the manga doesn't seem like a terrible idea I would take any form of update on it instead of nothing.

It's not so much just "politely and casually" inquiring about it that's a problem, but when some of the same ppl are starting to repeatedly ask the same questions and getting passive aggressive about it, or trying to subtly incite others to badger and obnoxiously self promote, it does end up feeling rather unpleasant

Meursault
joined May 22, 2016

Okay that's pressuring (not what I intended) but it's not that fucking rude, stop being a prude ass.

?
??
I don't think you know what prude means
If you don't like the word rude, how about this

or are they going to make me wait another half year for another chapter

You sounded pretty fucking douchy, entitled, passive aggressive and demanding.

It's reasonable for reader to wonder what happen with translation especially series this good and the raw is gotten so far.

Definitely not reasonable considering the tone you took

Again I am not trying to get disrespectful to the translator. I'm just casual reader wondering what happens with translation.

Are you sure
Did you not read what you yourself wrote

Meursault
joined May 22, 2016

Not pressuring, I simply want to know if they gave up translation already or are they going to make me wait another half year for another chapter.

That is fuckin pressuring, and fuckin rude at that, too