Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

Jeremy Jahns give that movie "Awesometacular". So it means it is something special.

is it any good I need to do something next weekend

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

Looks like another sleepless night today.. what makes this one specual is is the fact that I have an interview in less than 8 hours.

Will try to reply to posts after it, this week's been pretty hectic.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Jeremy Jahns give that movie "Awesometacular". So it means it is something special.

I'm hearing people say that if the projector lamp is even a tiny bit dim, it makes the whole movie very difficult to see. It's pretty dark to start with, I gather. So be prepared for that possibility.

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

Looks like another sleepless night today.. what makes this one specual is is the fact that I have an interview in less than 8 hours.

Good luck, Sista!

Yeah... Same here.. a very sleepless hectic week which is finally over!!... And I have to reply to some posts, but I guess it will happen later.. my mind is rather erratic right now..

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

So Taiwan is set to be the first Asian country to pass same-sex marriage? That's pretty cool. Good luck to them and I hope it does happen.

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ Well that is unexpected, hope they manage to do it.

That aside,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naktUDBaHuw

The series composer for Locodol and Flip Flappers will be in-charge of series composition on this anime as well. Given her past track record with composing the story for anime with an all-girl cast...I'm actually quite looking forward to this.

last edited at Nov 14, 2016 4:06PM

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

@Anon

So do I.. well, I have plenty of meetings with psychiatrists before being allowed to take the decision.. and well, I wonder if it's the only thing that makes me feel unhappy.

Who knows?
It's usually not that easy to answer a question like that. Especially when you've carried those feeling around for a while...
I imagine that it must be similar to those barricades inside of me.
I had those for as long as I can think and I still don't know what really caused them.
On some days it's better, on some it gets worse again...
People often tell me stuff like „Why don't you just...“ But it's not as easy as that. I mean, if I could „just“ get over it like that I wouldn't have such a problem at all...
Strange, I tell ya! ^^ Life, and especially people, sure can be complicated...

I hear ya. The complexity of structure of a human mind is both a terrifying and a fascinating thing. One cannot really find any answers to the questions of "is this situation the driving motor of me not feeling well mentally?"

One of the most fascinating things is how we shift our moods, those feelings come and go. I don't believe that a particular set of emotions is connected solely to a certain experience; feelings are the same, the reasons are different.

In other words, I understand ya^^

I remember talking to one of my friends that ia studying psychology, he's confirmed what I heard before: a lion's share of things they learn is biology, how the mind works.

Many claim that overthinking stuff is solely connected to being an introverted, having high emotional intelligence and such, but I call nonsense on that. There's just people that deal with it better or worse. We're all suffering our
weltschmerz that we need to deal with.

Barricades are an awful thing.. well, the best thing one may do is try to think over what causes them, but they're often irrational. It's a vicious cycle of overthinking

Kind of got reminded of "to the happy few" of Stendhal.

Okay, here's a little back story to this very post. After the job interview I went to the same bar I did after Trump's victory for a drink. Everything up to this point was written there, hence this post may be a bit inconsistent. Writing this here since I'll post a pretty weird story surrounding my stay there at the end of this post.

I can imagine that it was tough for you... since it was quite a big symbol of your life so far.

You're pretty much on the spot here. After I started growing it my life went uphill, now that it's going south very fast I felt forced to get rid of it.

Funnily enough, I always asssociated it with my well being. Let's hope I was wrong.

Unfortunately.. and no seperate changing rooms.. that's what I'm afraid of. Pretransition or not, it's gonna be unpleasant for me.

Yeah, that' s gonna be awkward...
But I'm also surprised about the whole mandatory PE thing at a university... 'cause most people attending university are still quite young, sure. But what about the older folks? I mean, here in Germany sometimes 60 or 70 year olds decide to study again. Does that happen in your country as well? And do they have to go to PE too when they're just there to study... theology for instance...?
We don't have mandatory PE classes after high school here.

Well, it depands for the uni. The uni I want to go to (the one I was already going to..) has mandatory PE classes, 1,5 hours for one week.

As far as my uni is concerned, yes, you need to take those clases even for studying theology or history.

That's a pretty good question; well, with PE classes you can more or less select what you want to exercise; be it football, bike riding or even bloody horse riding. This's reminded me that I used to ride horses.. thanks for reminding me^^

Maybe it's just me being a "special snowflake" as my friend refers to me, but I'd say that expecting separate changing rooms is not exactly asking for too much.

Anyway, I hope you'll overcome your blockades!

Good luck, Sista!

Yeah... Same here.. a very sleepless hectic week which is finally over!!... And I have to reply to some posts, but I guess it will happen later.. my mind is rather erratic right now..

@OlderSis Thanks^^ The talk went pretty decent actually. Same story as before, will be contacted for a test day this week from both potentional employers.. to be honest, I'd much rather work at this hotel than the previous one, since it has much better transit and more foreigners.. guess I grow bored too quickly.

Hopefully you'll catch up on your sleep schedule! Remember, peace at mind is a peace at home.. or it went something among those lines.

@Rina Well.. the instalation of icons beats me.. all packs I found required a program to enable them, and most of them required money.. ended up setting my picture of a bustling city downtown instead. It looks even worse than my older generic Japanese village that I used to use.

Also, didn't realize that Discord was this popular. A few months ago a friend of mine told me about it..

So relating the pub story.. I was sitting there, drinking my raspberry tea in silence and writing this message when suddenly a guy in his bvery early 20s approached me rambling about girls. Asked if he could sit next to me. I agreed.

Boy, was I in for a surprise.

He's started with saying he comes from a very influencial family from Italy whose begining of the family tree begins in 1108.. then goes on to say that they were working assassins during the renaissance in Florence, being of Auditore coat-of-arms (yes, the guy literally said that he is a descendant of the main protagonist of Assassin's Creed, and he did "acknowledge" that there's a video game about his great grandfather etc, that all of his ancesors were knights templar and got exiled into Poland after a failed attempt on Lawrence the Magnificent's life.. then got into conflict with Rodrigo Borgia (or Alexander VI).

Oh, and also mentioned that he's related to Leonarda da Vinci.

Then he's started rambling on how this country would be muchbigger on the maps if it were a hereditary monarchy.. and after that, said that his girlfriend is a "pleb", and if it were 15th century, she'd be beeheaded had she even come close to him. Wish I was kidding.

Then he went on and on about how he hates the fact that the nobility doesn't have special respect and privilages today.. while pretty much being a chouvenist, believing that "a woman should stay in the kitchen, nothing more, nothing less".

Well, good luck to him and his 4 mansions in Italy and plans on becoming a knight templar like all of his ancestors at the age of 30.

Since he was insane enough to be somewhat amusing and not crazy enough to be an actual threat I was listening to his crazy ramblings for 2 hours. Got a few beers for my effort.

Well, dunno if I said that, but I'm a real magnet when it comes to crazy people.

The most terrifying thing? He got completly drunk and was still talking and talking.. and he's shown me his ID.. he did have an Italian surname. I am honestly a bit terrified that such people walk the streets.

If this man was speaking the truth, then I'm bloody Anastiasia Romanov.

[http://cubmagazine.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Magritte3Not-to-be-Reproduced.jpg](Everyone is posting songs this days.. guess I'll try to be innovative by posting a painting instead.)

Magritte is probably the greatest thing to come out of Belgium. Not implying that there weren;t plenty of great things coming from Belgium.

last edited at Nov 14, 2016 5:12PM

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

That wallpost's so big it could stop mexicans ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Joking aside, glad to hear you're doing well.

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ Galich made the pub pay for it :O

@Rina Well.. the instalation of icons beats me.. all packs I found required a program to enable them, and most of them required money.. ended up setting my picture of a bustling city downtown instead. It looks even worse than my older generic Japanese village that I used to use.

You've to use a launcher to enable custom icons ^ ^" I'd personally recommend using Nova Launcher, it's pretty good. Also there're plenty of free icons, and most paid packs have a free version; you could try this pack and look through the similar apps area for other free packs ^ _ ^

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

^ Galich made the pub pay for it :O

Sadly, it was just the guy paying for the beers, but I swear to goodness, I should get a discount or something for dealing with such people.

At the very least he did have some money on him.

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Guys, Im literally dying right now. This is one of the cutest things I've ever seen. https://twitter.com/glvdengoddess/status/780092028470329344

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ That’s a really cute kitten ^ o ^ just what I needed today (lol)

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

I'm hearing people say that if the projector lamp is even a tiny bit dim, it makes the whole movie very difficult to see. It's pretty dark to start with, I gather. So be prepared for that possibility.

Eh I've probably seen worse

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

That wallpost's so big it could stop mexicans ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Joking aside, glad to hear you're doing well.

Correction:

It's not big. It's HUGGGGGEEEEE.

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

So I'm probably going to start Netsuzou TRap...have a feeling that I'm going to like it, and I'm pretty sure that it'll have a yuri end. Considering the premise essentially falls into the netori (tl: to steal from someone) sub-genre under the NTR tag, and the title kinda somewhat spoils that it will end with the 2 girls getting together.

Bright side, I won't have to worry about feeling sorry for the male side characters, because I won't feel sorry for them at all :D

last edited at Nov 15, 2016 5:24AM

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

I dunno, if you followed the thread here, but some people felt bad for one of the guy characters.

I don't like Citrus, but I bought all the English versions, but I'm not buying Netsuzou Trap.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Rina

If you happen to see the comment on Netsuzou trap, you're likely to see me hate on it. I absolutely hate nearly everything by Trolldama Naoko, renai manga and a few oneshots aside. If you like bisexual insane amount of aangst, drama and hateful and fucked up characters fucking up the few non fucked up characters then it's for you.

Throw it directly in the trash otherwise.

last edited at Nov 15, 2016 1:15PM

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

So I just binge read all 12 available chapters of Netsuzou TRap...and seriously, the female characters are "f-ed up" but the male characters are okay?...let me put this as nicely as I possibly can,

I DIDN'T EVEN GAVE A DAMN ABOUT THE MALE CHARACTER THAT EVERYONE IS TRYING TO PLAY THE SYMPATHY CARD TOWARDS.

But yet, unsurprisingly, I loved Hotaru, I found her self-destructive personality and her internal conflict due to her feelings for Yuma to be absolutely compelling; it broke my heart to see her having to work at a night-club for utterly disgusting sub-human trash just because her self-hatred is too strong for her to find a proper job. Not to mention the fact that the reason why she needs the money might be because, yet again, she is starting to think that her prescence around Yuma won't bring anything good. Or the fact that she was willing to tell on Yuma if it meant getting the latter to stop working at that sleazy night-club. Hotaru cares about Yuma, so much to the point where her own well-being doesn't matter - That, is what I feel bad for. That, is what makes my heart hurt. That, is what I relate to, the feeling of loving someone so much that you stop caring about yourself.

I don't see a manipulative character in Hotaru, I see a girl who is desperately unwilling to let her only true love slip away, but yet at the same time not able to purely express her feelings due to the circumstances surrounding her; ultimately, I see someone who cares so much for the person she loves that, out of thinking her love is a burden or futile, is willing to let go so as to grant that person happiness, even if it means suffering silently.

And yet, this is the character that some ppl think is not worth sympathy? This is what ppl call an "unhealthy relationship"? Do any of these ppl even know the amount of insecurity and self-hatred needed to even feel that suffering for a significant someone is okay as long as they are happy, because their lives can be so much brighter and happier?

I can relate to Hotaru because I've felt like that before, even now I still feel that any sort of suffering I am going through is fine as long as my significant other is able to live her life happily; but yet I know that she wouldn't want to see me suffer alone, and I'm sure Yuma doesn't Hotaru to suffer silently as well. That's why I want them to be together, I want Hotaru to get the happiness in her life that she truly deserves.

Ppl just going to overwrite that Hotaru CLEARLY has feelings for Yuma but hates herself for that and thus is willing to put up with any sort of abuse, ignoring the pain that she clearly does feel. For what? Because they're are feeling sorry for the side character? So Hotaru's feelings for Yuma can be generally overwrititen then because said male character's love is more valuable even if he hasn't even experienced a fraction of the pain that Hotaru has endured and is still enduring?

...You know what, I'm not even going take this topic seriously anymore. This is depressing and disappointing. Nonetheless, this also falls into my expectation, everything about this did; I loved Hotaru's character, I want her to get together with Yuma, I utterly despise all of the male characters, and the most expected outcome of all, the anti-pairing comments just disappoint me.

Since my mood has went from outraged to somber and disappointed, this post has been adjusted accordingly as such.

last edited at Nov 18, 2016 9:22AM

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

To each their own I guess, to me Hotaru is absolutely hatable, and I really wish to see her fall in despair, to see her downhill. She may love Yuma but the way she expresses it is so wrong, I can't believe this animosity towards Takeda. I believe it's harder for a woman to imagine what Takeda is feeling but I believe Ulquiorra will agree with me. Takeda is the best character so far in the serie, and it's a pity to see him thrown away like a piece of crap just because of this manipulative character Hotaru is.

She deserves to work at this night-club and I sure don't pity her. She is right to hate herself and her presence won't indeed bring anything good to Yuma, since, even if she does love Yuma, all she did was to toy with her and her heart, she totally fucked her up ...

As much as I hate het, and everyone who knows me a little is aware of how I hate it, I'd like to see a het end here, with Takeda and Yuma; Fujiwara and Hotaru can stab themselves to death. Everyone can be desesperate at some stage of their life, but I sure don't caution her behavior, which is not justfiable and legitimate. Sorry, one does not totally mess with someone because they love this someone and can't express it otherwise.

No one said Takeda's love is more valuable, but he does love her too, and he didn't behave like a fucking jerk for all that. But because he's a male character in a yuri he obviously will get all the hatred of frustrated girls who ship for the yuri, even though he is the most likable character. That makes me sick, lmao.
If Hotaru was a man, and if he did just, like 10% of what the actual Hotaru did, people would have blown their top ...

Anyway it's a dumb Kodama Naoko's work so it's just a soap opera that is likely to have a yuri end so in the end everyone will be happy, although I strongly despise both Hotaru and Fujiwara.

On a side note, I like how Fujiwara is the name of the usual jerk, here in Netsuzou Trap, and in the recent (and excellent, masterpiece, perfect) the handmaiden (ah ga ssi). Does Fujiwara means something that could explain it ^^ ?

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

If you happen to see the comment on Netsuzou trap, you're likely to see me hate on it. I absolutely hate nearly everything by Trolldama Naoko, renai manga and a few oneshots aside. If you like bisexual insane amount of aangst, drama and hateful and fucked up characters fucking up the few non fucked up characters then it's for you.

I haven't read Netsuzou trap because of the tags, but I do agree that Naoko creates some pretty hateful characters screwing with other people. After reading one of those Moratorium chapters in their Cocytus work, I never felt compelled to read any of their future works anymore. It's not odd to not be fond of a protagonist that is so messed up and who also seems to keep on pushing the idea of her being so heterosexual to the reader in a yuri manga, right? Her Moratorium protagonist expresses clear disgust at the idea of having sex with another woman. People have made the argument that she might be heterosexual but homoromantic, but iirc she clearly also says she doesn't love the other girl. That means that she basically tried to take advantage of her friend's feelings for her so that she could keep her as her platonic gal pal. The protagonist being het is fine in itself, but she was such a manipulative jerk that it was a pretty painful read seeing her thoughts and seeing things from her perspective.

Renai manga was a pretty good read though.

last edited at Nov 15, 2016 7:53PM

Tumblr_ogrev97nel1tx2rdco1_250
joined Nov 10, 2016

What're you guys discussing about? Sounds exciting (^U^)! Don't know what is being talked about, but Rina's posts seem more convincing to me.

Nevermind, I didn't notice the manga title. Sorry (^w^)

last edited at Nov 15, 2016 8:37PM

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ It's hardly a discussion. Or at least, I've no interest to turn it into one anyways, especially when the topic has already been discussed elsewhere; starting another here will just lead to a pointless opinion war, and I don't partake in those.

I'm just simply listing my opinion on a manga that I've read, nothing more, nothing less.

last edited at Nov 15, 2016 11:58PM

Tumblr_ogrev97nel1tx2rdco1_250
joined Nov 10, 2016

^ It's hardly a discussion. I've no interest to turn it into one anyways, especially when the topic has already been discussed elsewhere; starting another here will just lead to a pointless opinion war, and I don't partake in those.

I'm just simply listing my opinion on a manga that I've read, nothing more, nothing less.

Fighting is bad ~~~(/☉ o ☉)/ let's just all get along (^ ^)

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ My apologies for you to have to come in today to see the thread in this state. Let's start over, how's your day? ^ _ ^

I'm not going to work today so I'm practically going to be here all day.

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Fighting is bad ~~~(/☉ o ☉)/ let's just all get along (^ ^)

Yes, please.

To reply you must either login or sign up.