Forum › Fluttering Feelings Fans unite! Hang in there, Ssamba! [1st post updated! Again! XD]

Euozigm5_400x400
joined May 31, 2016

Dear Ssamba, I really want to you my best wishes, I love your art, C'mon, fight with the Cáncer, you can!
I´m of México, I reading and following FF, I really hope you are fine, healt to you.

Vania.

Kungfukidsgotskillz9eight
joined Jun 17, 2016

Dear Ssamba,
Hey, man (or woman)! I just found out about your condition and the shit you are going through, and while I am of low income, just know that if there is ANYTHING you need help with financially, or whatever, I will gladly send you some cash. I have had several family members, imcluding myself, battle it out with cancer. I had stage 1 breast cancer at the age of 16, but I recovered. My cousin had leukemia and we all thought he would not make it, but he prevailed, that sucker, and beat the shit out of cancer. My grandmother had breast cancer FOUR times, can you believe it? She lost both her breasts, but is now doing great! What I am trying to say is this, you CAN win this. It may make you feel small, hopeless, lost, scared, BUT there is always that one thing that trumps all of the negativity: hope. Hope can be small sometimes, because negative vibes are whores, but if you ignore the prostitute you will always find the one thing that makes you feel better, that one feeling that makes you look forward to a new day. Hope. Fluttering Feelings is a big part of my life because it gives me hope that one day I can find someone like Soela, or No Rae. Not by physical attraction means, but by the way they show the affection that they have for one another. I want someone to like me the way Seola likes No Rae, and vice versa. Your story is the best thing that has ever happened to me. You WILL get better. There are people all over the world with different beliefs, and different religions whom are praying for your recovery, at least ONE of the gods from these people MUST be real, right? There has to be ONE God who will help you, be it Jesus Christ, Allah, Zeus, Odin, or whatever, one of them must be real. I will pray to my God for your recovery and hope that He listens to my pleas to help you get back on your feet. I won't even dog you for updates like I used to, I will just wait patiently for you to do what you need to do to give us the next chapter. I know for sure that it ain't over, I know for sure that you WILL get better. Sending all the love and good vibes your way.

Love,
A reader of your story (kungfukidsgotskillz98)

Img_1317
joined Jan 19, 2015

Hey Ssamba,
You're one of the people that helped me feel closer and more connected with my sexuality. With work like yours out in the world, I feel validated, and I really really appreciate that. Fluttering Feelings gives fresh insight on how it feels to be lovesick. It doesn't need the flashy typical roses and flowers that come with the typical yuri manga; the feelings are clear enough by the small actions you show us from a sigh to a subtle touch. It's beautiful. It inspires me to continue working hard at becoming a better writer. My goal is to make people feel things as you have made me feel things. Right now I and many others just wish for your good health and well being.
Thank you for everything.
Anna

Tumblr_inline_o8qunmhuaq1sybyad_500
joined Jun 17, 2016

Dear Ssamba:

When I read about the news of your health I have to admit that my heart broke, I don't know how to express it but the feeling of waiting every sunday to see the update of fluttering feelings kept me going through the day. Every smile, every scream and every single emotion that I lived by reading your story I won't ever forget it, because it wasn't just pure entertainment, it also help me realize and feel less scared about my feelings ^^ so for that I have not enough words to express how thankful I am. Hang in there! I have seen with my own eyes that the desire to keep going can make miracles happen. never give up! You have a huuuuuuuuuuge amount of people supporting and loving you all around the world, me included! So I send you my support, and best wishes! You touch a heart really far away from where you are ^^ and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Love from Guatemala!

joined Oct 29, 2015

Dear Ssamba,

Get well soon, You can fight that. We will be waiting and still support you.

It will be fine
joined Jun 17, 2016

We accompany with you.
Everything will be fine.
Get better soon.

Tumblr_lh8gel1cne1qcry41_thumb
joined Oct 11, 2010

Dear Ssamba,

Fluttering Feelings was one of the first few korean manhwas that I've read and I fell completely in love with it. Every time a chapter would come out I would get really excited to the point that I would drop everything and read it. That includes my homework σ^_^;) and class (I would reread the chapters in class). The story was beautiful and heartwarming and the pacing was just what I was looking for. It was perfect. It broke my heart when I heard about your condition and I want you to know that all of your fans are sending their love and support, including me. Stay strong and never give in 'cause know that we're with you! Get well soon! Fighting!

Love and support from America,

Mary

last edited at Jun 17, 2016 6:38PM

PARIS TO KOREA
Images
joined Jun 17, 2016

Dear Ssamba,
I LOVE YOUR WORK and the feelings i feel from your work is just amazing! I DO FEEL THE FLUTTER!!! Know that in PARIS from France , you have me Anne as your fan !!! I want to support you with my heart to stay alive and do what you want to do in your life(you are very welcome to come to Paris anytime soon)!

palakangorange
Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

Ssamba,
Thank you. I’ve met wonderful, vibrant people because of you. You have created characters, who are very much not just fictional characters – but indeed people who have changed our lives for the better. You made us happy. You made us feel. You made us feel love and loved. You let us know that this world has someone like you. That you exist. Thank you for sharing yourself with us. You give us something to look forward to. Let’s surely meet again.

joined Jun 17, 2016

Dear Ssamba
the truth is not no English and I read FF from Chile translated into Spanish because what if there is any inconsistency in what I write I apologize. Read about your health problems I have come to think again about cancer (two of my family had it) to my grandfather after treating it made us enter his room in the hospital to say goodbye that would die, after that I lived 6 more years, I tell you this because although they can tell you a lot about your condition and you can feel really bad, the only person who has the ability to deal with this is one who has it, there is always hope even though all say otherwise, hope that whatever happens is for the best for you, life is beautiful and full of energy that transforms us and you with your success story then transformed bad moments in pleasant, beam created a work full of feelings they managed us to reach, excite, beyond the remoteness of our countries and languages, you agradesco enormente and hopefully every message they have given you support, fill you with good and new energy for your day and your constant struggle, Many Thank you and sincerely hope that this moment will become only distant memory in your mind and heart.

Angélica C.

11082657_423385471158022_1790348570125571395_n
joined Apr 11, 2013

Dear Ssamba

When I heard about the state of your health, I was truly shocked, and sad... I don't know if I'll be able to express my feelings very well, because i'm not very good at english, and, I don't know korean language either. But, every time i read FF, I can feel how much work and feelings that you put in your drawings and story, and that's why I bet you are a wonderful person! I'm just another fan in the middle of many, but FF, really made my days brighter! Thank you so much, and I really hope, from the bottom of my heart, that you get well.

Love and support from Brazil
M.N.

last edited at Feb 17, 2018 1:31AM

joined Jul 30, 2014

Well, FF was the first real Yuri manhwa to take off so much popularity in my opinion. Thanks to this series, we now have much more yuri manhwa and it is ever so growing. FF was excellent and I'm so glad to have had read it.

last edited at Jun 18, 2016 11:42AM

joined Jun 15, 2016

Dear Ssamba,
I'm Nika,
You are a great author and Creator of one of my favorite pieces, it is very sad that you have cancer,hang, in there to be honest I didn't know about your state, because translation in my language stopped at the thirty-eighth Chapter, but even if so, your pain goes to us, for you are great and my favorite writer, of course, all this sounds silly, I had to translate everything in English with the native language, which will translate into Korean, good luck, and as they say in my country "Best people leave first".
Your biggest fan.

joined Jun 19, 2016

Dear Samba,
Get well ! We can't lose you!
You're great person and I want you to be recoverd.
Fight (ง'̀-‘́)ง ! Good luck, Samba!
We love you!

Your reader and fan from Ukraine. Hug you.

last edited at Jun 19, 2016 8:40AM

joined Jun 14, 2016

Dear ssamba,

Hi, I’m a reader of Fluttering Feelings from Taiwan.

This is the first time that I write such a letter like this to a total stranger. Even so, I still had a lot of words which I don’t know where to begin with for you… After knowing your news, it has taken me a couple of days to organize my thoughts. I guess, let’s just start from where it all began.

Fluttering Feelings was published on the Taiwan Comico since the September of 2015, and I first met it on the February of 2016. I still remember the day when I got so addicted after reading the 1st chapter, that I kept on finishing the rest of 63 chapters non-stopping from 11 to 3’o clock in the midnight. During the long-term hiatus, I also read it from the beginning all the way to end again and again. Moreover, I adapted it into novels by myself (I apologize for being so offending by doing this. I hope you wouldn’t mind.) ... Sounds crazy right?

It’s hard for me to tell how deep I love this story and how much it meant to me. Actually, I’m also an quiet and solitary introvert who is not good at speaking or getting along with others, thus facing lots of difficulties and troubles in my daily life and work. Through this story, I realized what the feelings of people were about, and I were able to review myself within as well. This story also made me through the hard times while working by uplifting my emotion with the plots I remember so clearly. There is always a grin on my face whenever I read this story and think of No-rae and Seol-a.

I like No-rae’s easygoing and tender. I also like Seol-a’s straightforward and simple. I like the interactions between them as well. Their innocent and pure cares for each other are so real that I feel that they are like the long lost friends of mine whom I never met. Through this comic, I’ve also seen you, dear ssamba, sharing the story neatly and sincerely with us.

That’s why I felt so shock and extremely devastating when I noticed your post on the blog. Finding you drawing the two pictures of No-rae and Seol-a with your kind concerns to the readers, I felt so heartbreaking that I almost burst into tears. “Yup, this is the way ssamba is,” I thought. I was also thinking that it is too unfair for you to bear the sickness like this. But since you, the one who had the most right to complain about the suffer, had left your sadness behind to speak of the truth calmly, I will also leave the sadness behind as well and say the words of thankfulness below to you with my best sincerity.

Dear ssamba, you said it was a great luck of you to had drawn a story like this. I want to let you know, readers like us, who were able to enjoy this unique and warm story by the hand of an considerate and talented author like you, were much luckier.

Dear ssamba, you said you felt sorry that you might not be able to complete the whole story. I want to let you know, even though the story seems like it may not be ended in the future, the throbs it once gave me will never be forgotten, and they will be cherished at the bottom of my heart.

Dear ssamba, I also want to let you know, after your notice was published, ALL the readers of Fluttering Feelings from ALL over the world (Taiwan, Germany, Philippines, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Russia, Thailand, America, Portland, Australia, Brazil, China, etc., you name it!) were praying for you that you get healthy again. If you have had a chance, please check out this link: “http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/10056-fluttering-feelings-fans-unite-hang-in-there-ssamba”. These comments are ALL blessings from your readers.

Dear ssamba, to me, what really matters now isn’t that whether this story will make it to its end or not. What really matters the most now is that whether you are in good health or not. I’ve got so much from the story, and now I hope to give you at least the mental support during this moment of your life, even it’s little.

A reader once commented, “Fluttering Feelings isn’t a story about a girl falling in love with another girl. It’s a story about a person falling in love with another person.” Right at this moment, I’m praying that you conquer the sickness, with my fair position and emotion, and with the purity which the sentences above had shown.

Whenever you feel tired, sorrowful, painful that you want to give up everything, PLEASE remember that me and all the readers of Fluttering Feelings are here with you with our endless love and care. We had your back, so PLEASE do what ever you want to. Truly, no one knows what might happen in the coming days, and we will be more than thankful to see you back safe and sound, just like the deal you’ve made with us in the long term hiatus notice, if possible. But it is also fine if you decide to stay the way it is now. No matter what, we will be right here with you always. ALWAYS.

DEAR SSAMBA, GET WELL SOON. CHEER UP AND CHIN UP!
쌈바! 빨리 회복하세요! 화이팅!

From Skywalksoul, a reader from Taiwan

54d0806c4a26063e6df9888f5f979039237b0812_hq
joined Jun 24, 2016

Hello! Ssamba!
Here YuristaChan!

Fairly yesterday, I realized that your health condition wasn't good and I feel too sad! I don't want to talk about your work although it is amazing! ❤(っ^▿^)

'cause in the world exist a lot of people with cancer and... they are treated by chemotherapy and that's a treatment
that not anyone can be too strong to resist it.

The life is beautiful and I supposed that you will happen for a lot of pain but after that you can have a normal life and get ahead! ᕙ(^▿^-ᕙ) ( I'm sorry I like Emoticons xD)

Regards and cheer up by Mexico!
My Wattpad followers too...

My English is too bad...ಥ_ಥ

2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

Dear Ssamba,
The story you've created, though is frustrating at times, it's quite beautiful. Through it I've gained a lot of respect for you, and admiration toward your abilities. It was something I looked forward to reading every week, and I enjoyed your comments at the end as well. I understand that you may not be able to continue you it, buy thank you for giving us such a heart warming story. More than anything your health is first. I know there isn't much i ot anyone can really do for you, but I'm rooting for you and wish you the best. Please know that our hearts go out to you. I hope that, no matter the outcome, you find peace abd maybe happiness too.
Alicia L (18, FL, USA)

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

Update on Ssamba's blog

(x)

Translate please xD (I know general msg but I want to know directly what she's writting xD)

last edited at Jun 30, 2016 1:58PM

Kagerou%202
joined Jul 8, 2016

Hey there Ssamba, I only singed up to this page to write this for you! ^__^
I've always liked Shojo Ai and Yuri from the very first time I realized Michiru and Haruka from Sailor Moon were hella gay, haha. But still - I really felt in love with the whole genre when I read "Fluttering Feelings". It's my favourite manga ever since and I even forced my boyfriend to read it (don't worry, he really likes FF, I never knew both of us could fangirl a lesbian couple together :D). The story you're telling is touching me so much and you really made my Sunday's with new chapters of your masterpiece. It made me laugh and cry at the same time to be honest, and I don't regret reading Fluttering Feelings for around 10 times. In a row.
However, back to what really matters now - you! It makes me and pretty much everyone in your fan community so unbelievable sad that an inspiring, creative and adoreable person like you has to suffer from cancer. We are all praying for you and we hope you get well soon. Your community loves you, Ssamba!

I wish you the very best ♥

Feliciá

joined Jun 15, 2016

hello samba, wishing you well. i hope you are making lots of good memories with your family, friends and fans. make sure you get at least 1/2 hour of laughter a day. ❤ from nyc

안녕하세요 삼 바, 나는 당신을 잘 바란다. 희망 당신은 당신의 가족, 친구, 팬 들과 함께 좋은 추억 많이 만들 수 있습니다. 웃음의 적어도 절반 시간 매일 매일을 얻을 다는 것을 확인 하십시오!.....뉴욕 ❤

joined Aug 11, 2016

From USA with love and prayers ❤️

joined Apr 26, 2016

Hugs from a lesbian

joined Feb 10, 2017

Dear Ssamba,

Over all, I absolutely love <3 your work!!! I read all 68 chapters of Exciting Feelings in a matter of two days (yes i absolutely love your story that much xD) and I crave for more. I was confused on the date of your last chapter of your manhwa and it was published months ago. Craving for more No-Rae and Seoul-A's romance because it takes about a whole 68 chapters to know the two women realize that they have feelings for each other and I'm getting all anxious on what will happen next, that I searched the date for the next update. It turns out while I was browsing, that you had cancer and will not able to continue the manhwa for the time being. I got worried and searched for updated news on your well-being but I have found none, so here I am writing a message for you haha. I just want to say is keep on fighting! Cancer sucks and I have faith that I hope you will get better soon :). Your work made me find comfort as a queer person that love is a beautiful thing to have, and finds meaning on the most beautiful things in the most peculiar ways. So don't give up! Keep on fighting! You have to finish what you have started! We fans love you and will support you no matter what the odds! Get well soon :D and Happy Valentines Day <3

One of your readers,

CuddleCat30

last edited at Feb 10, 2017 10:24PM

joined Dec 19, 2016

I'm a fan of your series, but obviously you don't need to feel bad if you can't finish it. You can't help your real life situation and that's way more important than some yuri comic. Though I will be happy if you are able to continue it because that means you got better and you are able to make other people happy with your work.

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Get well soon for your fans and for yourself.

P.S.- hope it didn't sound rude.

last edited at Feb 11, 2017 4:19PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.