Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

And after reading this chapter it's pretty clear that Nami cares a lot for Sumin as a friend.. but it's hard to see what she thinks of Seju.. hmm.

I don't think so. I think Nami does not value friendships much. She is always on Seju's side, not her best friend's. It's cruel to Sumin.

Llamanewp
joined Mar 17, 2016

Thanks Newp for the translation!! :D
Nami really didn't seem to hold back did she? lol
I think that if Seju sleeps with Nami then that is just going to push Sumin away more. I honestly don't see how that is supposed to help her so if Seju gives in then I hope she realizes the consequences that will follow. Nami seems to have this all worked out though haha
I am anxious to know if Seju will give in and sleep with Nami, and if she does that then I'm really anxious to know how Sumin will react.

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

Whatever the reason for Nami's interest in sleeping with Seju is (beyond the physical...), it started long before Sungji came into the picture. Even if we pretend like it's uncertain from the flashback in chapter 47 (which I still think it's clear she's into Seju), the first time Nami comes into the story is when Sumin calls her to play squash, and she's already asking is Seju is going to be there. Even if it's shitty to push drama into Sumin's life, I think Nami's been working at this whole Seju thing for a very long time, and we still really haven't seen her true intentions.

Also, friendships come in all forms. These characters are all (minus Ms. cinnamon roll) varying degrees of fucked up, so it's totally possible and very likely that the way they deal with and interact with their friends will also be at least a bit screwed up.

Acd34ecdb4f42e680ecf6b00cff43477
joined Sep 15, 2015

I am liking the Nami×Seju development. (~0v0)~

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Really want redhead to divorce her husband and fully joins the play.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

I don't think this is a relationship development. It's is more like a process of turning two saint characters into bad ones.

joined Sep 15, 2015

I don't think this is a relationship development. It's is more like a process of turning two saint characters into bad ones.

Yea I know. I don't ship them, i didn't even consider the relationship thingy. I just like the development. JUST THE DEVELOPMENT

Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

I think that Nami is just trying to get their relationship settled once and for all.

Thanks for the translation, Newp.

And I agree with you. I think Nami meant it when she said it's frustrating watching Seju waiting for Sumin. Nami is a perceptive character and she has her cunning ways. I also believe she has her hidden agenda, which is, in my opinion, to give Sumin and Seju's past relationship a proper closure and free Seju from that mess.

By sleeping with Seju and shoving it in Sumin's face, I think Nami wants to give Sumin a wake up call - so she may realize she can't take Seju for granted. Maybe then, Sumin would get the courage to face Seju and settle things once and for all. No running away or dismissing the other with passive-agressive behavior. How everything would play out is beyond my grasp. But I think Nami realized by now that the only way to fix the mess is by creating a bigger one.

One problem in this theory is to add Sungji on it. But maybe this will be the hardship in Sumin and Sungji relationship. It would end up exposing what Sumin wants to hide from Sungji so bad - her past relationships.

Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

sia ue

Don't get me wrong, I come in peace. But the concept of saint characters and evil ones is a bit naive for me. I know that some stories are clearly based in good x evil dynamic. But I hope that won't be the case in WDTFS. I know it's just a story and it doesn't need to be realistic. But in real life there are no saints or demons. You can argue that people will linger for one or the other, so that would define them. But I say living in that dichotomy is no fun. When it comes to morality, Seju (and maybe Nami) are now condemnable. But one may like their characters not for their actions, but for their whole story.

last edited at Mar 30, 2016 5:13PM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

sia ue

Don't get me wrong, I come in peace. But the concept of saint characters and evil ones is a bit naive for me. I know that some stories are clearly based in good x evil dynamic. But I hope that won't be the case in WDTFS. I know it's just a story and it doesn't need to be realistic. But in real life there are no saints or demons. You can argue that people will linger for one or the other, so that would define them. But I say living in that dichotomy is no fun. When it comes to morality, Seju (and maybe Nami) are now condemnable. But one may like their characters not for their actions, but for their whole story.

Yeah, let's always keep thing in peace. I don't get why you hoped that that wouldn't be the case in WDTFS. But, okay, it might be more fun to not think about that. I think there are saints or demons at people hearts, and they help define good guys and bad guys (maybe you find this naive too ^ ). In real life, one can choose to deny morality to keep their loyalty. When it comes to stories, when one could like characters regardless their actions simply meant that their authors had done a good job in building their characters. That's Team Gaji for us.

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

sia ue

Yeah, let's always keep thing in peace. I don't get why you hoped that that wouldn't be the case in WDTFS. But, okay, it might be more fun to not think about that. I think there are saints or demons at people hearts, and they help define good guys and bad guys (maybe you find this naive too ^ ). In real life, one can choose to deny morality to keep their loyalty. When it comes to stories, when one could like characters regardless their actions simply meant that their authors had done a good job in building their characters. That's Team Gaji for us.

You're also assuming here that morality is a two-sided coin, and that loyalty is always the right side, when there are many cases (not saying in WDTFS) where people are faced with a choice between what they think is the right thing to do and what's the loyal thing to do. I think Azai is simply saying that life isn't so cut and dry. Is Seju a bad person now that we (pretty much) know for sure that she ratted out the redhead? Is Nami bad for wanting to sleep with her friend's ex? Were Nami and Seju really saints before this chapter? Ever? Maybe at birth.

last edited at Mar 30, 2016 8:40PM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

You're also assuming here that morality is a two-sided coin, and that loyalty is always the right side, when there are many cases (not saying in WDTFS) where people are faced with a choice between what they think is the right thing to do and what's the loyal thing to do. I think Azai is simply saying that life isn't so cut and dry. Is Seju a bad person now that we (pretty much) know for sure that she ratted out the redhead? Is Nami bad for wanting to sleep with her friend's ex? Were Nami and Seju really saints before this chapter? Ever? Maybe at birth.

No, I wasn't assuming morality and loyalty as what you said. They can form a dilemma as they have equal trade-off.

I knew what Azai meant.

Seju's actions are no long important here as the author has made her a favorite character for TeamPink fans.

Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

Yeah, I think dofudofu understood me better in the sense that life isn't cut and dry.

Besides, I didn't quiet understand the Loyalty part of the discussion. Is this just about being loyal to Team Pink even though Seju is morally wrong (considering she seems to have sabottaged the redhead and may in the future try to sabottage Sungji)? Honestly, it's indeed a tough call. I mean, I can support Seju, but she's a fictional character (makes that choice pretty much easier). And so far, she sabottaged the redhead who was two-timing Sumin. Please, I don't mean to say that doing wrong against the wrong makes one right (this thought is actually very disturbing). And just like Nami said, Seju chose to do it in the cruelest way possible and that is also very sick. I approve none of this actions. But that's the interesting part of Seju - being terribly honest about her "evil" side.

It may seem blind adoration or simple loyalty, but that's actually the opposite. Please, just don't misuderstand Team Pink; I believe most of us understand the issue of morailty in supporting Seju. I can only speak for myself now, but I actually have issues about morality (what defines right from wrong, and other issues), but that is just a very deep topic to explore in this moment.

Huh... I guess my post is actually uncalled in the moment. But I think someone had to make sure Team Pink don't get misunderstood as psycho.

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

Well, a bad ending is an easy way for an author to crap all over fans' favorite characters.

On a sort of unrelated note, my penchant for assholes is making me like Nami more and more.

joined Mar 27, 2016

It absolutely looks like Seju is going for it. Even smiling.Using a glimer of hope against Seju is truly twisted. It remains to be seen in Nami is just using her 100%, as per the callback around when she was just introduced. There's only so much Seju can endure I think. Both in the sense of giving in to the current situation and the kind of damage it will do to her if she really is being played.

last edited at Mar 30, 2016 10:00PM

joined Aug 29, 2015

fighting fire with fire lol. but I guess this is a good way for Sumin to take notice of Seju for once. Sumin knows Seju's world revolves around her. so, Sumin is not that worried that her friend with benefits will be taken away from her. if Nami and Seju will really sleep with each other. I wonder how will Sumin react. Sumin look surprised when Seju told her on the past chapters that she had met a "marriage partner" I can't wait for next week. Nami will surely tell Sumin about it. this might lead to Sumin confronting Seju. then Sungji will "accidentally" hear it. Seju's mentality is really f*cked up. she want Sumin to be miserable so, she will come back to her after every failed relationship, hoping that someday Sumin will love her again. because no one will be there for her. except her. well, that is until Sungji came along. I actually wouldn't be surprised if Nami is hired by Seju's brother to destroyed Seju and Sumin relationship completely.

joined Mar 27, 2016

I wouldn't surprise me. This story seems to be heading only towards a tragic end... :(

last edited at Mar 30, 2016 9:33PM

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

I really hope they actually do it. I thoroughly enjoy the idea of Seju hate-fucking the shit out of Nami lol. I don't think the end will go tragic for TeamBlonde, but they will have to go through some more shit. Seju's end, I'm not sure. She and Sumin need to have a big fight again, or else all the weird shit that lingers between them won't be resolved. Actually now that I think about it, that might be the angle Nami is coming from with all this.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Okay I'm a little lost in the discussion, first of all, except for Sungji who never did anything wrong, both Seju, Sumin and Nami can't be called saints in any way, but you can't call them evil either, morality is a lot of times a trap, because a lot of people think that things can only be right or wrong, but real life doesn't work like that, things are not black and white, what is right or wrong always depends on context, reasons, culture, opnions, but a lot of times things are both good and bad at the same time, so we can't simply say that Seju is wrong and we're done.

Now about Seju, I do agree that she talked with redhead fiance because in part she obviously wanted them to break up, but can we truly say what she did was wrong? Let's be frank, if Seju tried to tell Sumin that her girlfriend had a fiance, would she believe? I believe that she would not, If Seju tried to talk with readhead, would she break up with Sumin or her fiance? Taking in account the talk she had with Sumin she would want to have relationship with both, so she wouldn't break up just because Seju talked with her, Seju could have talked with Nami, true, but could she trust Nami? And would Sumin even believe Nami was serious? She might have suspected she got that information from Seju, which she would probably not believe anyway, also, another reason why we can't say what she did was wrong, if she did nothing, what would have happened? Sumin would have redhead as her girlfriend for who knows how long, until one day she found out that all this time not only she was cheating on her with a guy, but a guy who was her husband, sure redhead was cheating on both, but that won't change the fact that Sumin was the other one, Seju intentions were not completely good, I won't deny that, but we can't also say she said that just to ruin Sumin relationship, can we really say she didn't do that because eventually Sumin would get hut a lot more? Just because her intention was not completely good that doesn't mean what she did can't be seen as a good thing, it was better for Sumin to end that relationship at that time instead of hurting herself a lot more later.

As for Seju sleeping with Nami, sure they're doing to see what is Sumin reaction, but why is that a bad thing? No, seriously? Sumin has a girlfriend now, her relationship with Sungji seens to be stronger with each chapter, the reason Seju and Nami have might be questionable, but if that makes Sumin react, how is that their fault? Like I just said, Sumin as a girlfriend, she's on a relationship, it doesn't matter if Seju and Nami are her friend, she doesn't have any right to feel betrayed, hurt or anything just because they had sex, there's literally nothing to condemn Seju and Nami because they're not doing anything wrong, they're two adults who are not in a relationship with Sumin, they have the right to sleep with each other if they chose to do so, now if that really do affects Sumin, it's not Seju or Nami fault, it only shows that she still has some kind of feeling for Seju, why else would she react bad to the fact that they had sex? If Sumin has any bad reaction it will only prove what some suspect, that she still loves Seju and that maybe she doesn't love Sungji as much as some think, not to mention that after all those years they won't just sit down and talk, Nami idea might be the only thing they can do for Sumin to finally open her eyes that Seju might not be there for her forever and that they need to deal with their problems.

Now to this loyalty thing, like I just said above I don't see any reason to not stay loyal to Seju since she's not doing anything bad, but how can we judge Seju when Sumin also did a lot of shitty things to hurt her? You can't judge one without judging the other, this is a story about fucked up characters who did a lot of choices that are morally questionable, some that are wrong, but they're in the past, as far as we know Seju never did anything to other relationships Sumin had, her relationship with redhead was already wrong from the beginning, part of Seju reasons could have been wrong but what she did is not really wrong, but besides that what else Seju did that was bad? Nothing, same for she sleeping with Nami if that happens, now I what will happens next is another question, but unless Seju do something that outright try to cause problems to Sumin and Sungji relationship, no one here can say that she's doing anything bad, if anything, Nami might be the one doing something bad depending on how she tells Sumin that she slept with Seju, because she will possibly tell her in the worst way possible to get some kind of reaction, but in the end, even if her reasons are wrong, Seju didn't do anything wrong, so until she really do something, no one will convince me that Seju did something wrong.

But I do agree that Team Gaji seens to be making Seju look somewhat psycho, but even so, Seju never did anything wrong, if anything I think that can be a sign that Seju is getting desperate or stressed because she knows she might lose Sumin this time, but besides the issue of the redhead which we can argue how bad or good it was, she never did anything actively malicious against Sumin and her relationships, just because her intentions are not completely good that doesn't make her actions bad or wrong, just questionable at best, so until she really do something that is definitely to hurt Sumin we can't call her evil yet, buut of course we don't know what will happen later, she really didn't do anything we can really discuss about besides the redhead and now maybe sleep with Nami, but I do agree that she might try something more direct, then I do agree that it will be wrong.

As for Seju having sex with Nami, sorry, but at the moment that is the best for her, her psycho face makes obvious she's not well, if she's really becoming evil or just stressed is another thing, but if she have some hardcore hate sex with Nami I believe she might not look psycho anymore, I mean, when was last time that she had sex with Sumin? She must be pretty frustrated, Nami might really love Seju since she's interested in her for many years, so who knows, not the best way to start one of course, but this might be the start of their relationship, Seju hate didn't came out of nowhere, I think they will show why later, but that just shows that they know each other probably for some years, and even though she supposedly hates Nami she still has some contact with her, so I think that if she calm down after sleeping with her things will start to change.

I'm on Team Pink, always, because I can relate with Seju, but I do believe that Team Blue has it charm, and who knows, when everything is solved Team Blue and Team Blonde might mix up and give birth to Team Green, if someone gets what I mean.

And again, another unnecessarily long post, sorry... (T^T)

last edited at Mar 30, 2016 10:21PM

Small
joined Feb 14, 2016

I think that Nami is just trying to get their relationship settled once and for all. She's done with just watching on the sideline and wants to do something about it. As Dofudofu said she's very perceptive and basically has everything figured out lol.

Agree, and this isn't the first time she aired her frustration over those two. Plus, she's got nothing to lose now anyways. It's not like Sumin's gonna get angry at her for sleeping with an ex that she doesn't care about.

I think a lot of people don't like her because they think Gaji wants to pair her with Seju.. but after this chapter I don't think her role is to be Sejus future love interest.

I think it's possible though. It's like she's hitting two birds with one stone.

If Seju agrees to sleep with her, and it goes well:
1. Sumin will just ignore them and live a happy life with Sungji
2. Seju will be hurt because she now knows Sumin is not coming back to her and hopefully give up.
3. Nami gets to sleep with Seju once, but will probably have another if the above scenarios happen.

If Seju agrees to sleep with her but it doesn't go well:
1. Sumin realizes she loves Seju after all and they get back together.
2. Nami gets to sleep with Seju at least ONCE.

And after reading this chapter it's pretty clear that Nami cares a lot for Sumin as a friend.. but it's hard to see what she thinks of Seju.. hmm.

Hm, I think she's got a crush on Seju. I mean dat face she made after looking at smiling Seju and dat frown when Sumin enters the picture. Nami seems to have a carefree personality that makes her seem like she doesn't care but she really does. So I'm still not buying that she doesn't care about Seju's welfare too. And for someone who doesn't care, she sure has a lot to say about how Seju's living her life now. She's being brutally harsh, but it's true.

Anyway, somehow Sumin will eventually find out about Nami and Seju's relationship (whatever that is) because of the paparazzi. And I want to see how Seju ruined redhead and Sumin's relationship.

last edited at Mar 30, 2016 10:33PM

joined Sep 15, 2015

I really hope they actually do it. I thoroughly enjoy the idea of Seju hate-fucking the shit out of Nami lol.

If. Just IF they actually do it in the next chapter, who do you think's gonna be the top ?? And who's the bottom ?? lol
This is fun just imagining it

Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

Thiaguinho-sama

Maaan, you finally appeared. I was about to scream for backup. lol
Sorry, people, but Team Pink needs all the forces these days

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

As for Seju sleeping with Nami, sure they're doing to see what is Sumin reaction, but why is that a bad thing? No, seriously? Sumin has a girlfriend now, her relationship with Sungji seens to be stronger with each chapter, the reason Seju and Nami have might be questionable, but if that makes Sumin react, how is that their fault? Like I just said, Sumin as a girlfriend, she's on a relationship, it doesn't matter if Seju and Nami are her friend, she doesn't have any right to feel betrayed, hurt or anything just because they had sex, there's literally nothing to condemn Seju and Nami because they're not doing anything wrong, they're two adults who are not in a relationship with Sumin, they have the right to sleep with each other if they chose to do so, now if that really do affects Sumin, it's not Seju or Nami fault, it only shows that she still has some kind of feeling for Seju, why else would she react bad to the fact that they had sex? If Sumin has any bad reaction it will only prove what some suspect, that she still loves Seju and that maybe she doesn't love Sungji as much as some think, not to mention that after all those years they won't just sit down and talk, Nami idea might be the only thing they can do for Sumin to finally open her eyes that Seju might not be there for her forever and that they need to deal with their problems.

Yeah 100% this. They're grown ass adults. The only reason anybody would feel like Nami is trying to do something wrong would be the lesbian equivalent of "bro code" (pretty much universally agreed that the first rule of bro code is thou shalt not sleep with your bro's ex girl. I know of very few female circles that abide by it lol...).

And again, another unnecessarily long post, sorry... (T^T)

Lol I think it's fun, but yeah I struggle to get through it all.

last edited at Mar 30, 2016 10:50PM

joined Mar 30, 2016

Hello! Can anyone please tell me where I can read the RAWs of WTDFS? Someone super kind used to upload RAW chapters on mediafire, but it hasn't been updated since Chapter 42 or something... Please help!

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

Hello! Can anyone please tell me where I can read the RAWs of WTDFS? Someone super kind used to upload RAW chapters on mediafire, but it hasn't been updated since Chapter 42 or something... Please help!

lezhin.com. Change your language/country setting to Korean. Or acquire better googling skills. Would be more inclined to help you find the raws and a typeset translation if it didn't seem like you were just snooping around here for a free way to read it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.