Forum › Posts by LumberingCrane

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

I hope it's everyone. Just outright say everyone's different shades of gay.

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Well, for school settings it makes sense, since it's about the only place in a high school with a bed.

Ah yes, I suppose that would be the case. It's most likely a general thing then.

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

I asked this already in the Yuri discussion thread, but I kind of need a quick answer so I'll ask it here too:

For those more knowledgeable about Japanese manga tropes, is the whole doing lewd things in the nurse's office more of a yuri trope or just a general trope in Japanese manga? I just saw a tumblr post offhandedly saying it's a yuri thing and I wanted to know if that was true.

LumberingCrane
Yuri discussion 17 Nov 23:24
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Question: Is the whole doing lewd stuff in the nurse's office more of a yuri trope or just a general trope in Japanese manga?

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

^Are you not using one too?

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

I'm not very proud of where I am due to the backwards views here towards LGBT relationships...

I understand this so much. Don't worry, you're not the only one.

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

OOOOOH. Oh.

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Edit: I am now 59* posts away from working at McRonalds under the supervision of Maou Sadao. 10 points if anyone gets this reference

uhh... I only got the McRonalds part too and Satan. I don't know about the 59* posts thing.

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

i just do it by what i think sounds better, or just type in the first character's name i think of

Same.

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Thank you timezone for always making me miss the bulk of conversations.

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Not at all. I was just replying to the comment I quoted saying Candy Boy was the closest to a completely platonic relationship between twins that I have seen.
They are twins, but they are very close. The one you mainly follow seems as though she wants more, but it never goes there. It's just a cute story between two close twins. It's nothing like this story. This was a decent story, but I love Candy Boy. I like relationships more than sex :)

closest to a completely platonic relationship

COMPLETELY PLATONIC RELATIONSHIP

PLATONIC

Aaaaalright, this made me do a double-take. I double checked and read Candy Boy again just to be absolutely sure, but there is absolutely no way that relationship is close to being "purely platonic". Like, in any sense of the word. At the very, very least, there's no angle from which I would find that final chapter to be close to being platonic either. None. At all.

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

...well, at least Aramaki looks kinda badass.

...kinda.

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Definitely do. The Ghost in the Shell movie in my opinion still looks amazing to this day.

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

So here's a random video for everyone,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EG34YoRHs

I couldn't load the video, something about an error occurring during validation and youtube's saying that "this video does not exist"

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

From what I hear, it's an action rpg.

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Also @Crane, I think you might have better chances asking someone in the VD thread than here tbh :/

I know this might sound trivial, but I really appreciate when people use the word Crane when referring to me. There's so many times now on the internet when people call me Lumber or Lumbering for some reason and not the actual noun in my username. I've been wanting to change it for a while now but it has sentimental value to me.

last edited at Nov 15, 2016 11:24PM

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

I can't point out why, but the face that the dark haired girl makes when she talks about her face cramp here:

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/song_about_a_piece_of_junk_ch01#5

might be my favorite expression in a long while now.

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Thank you for the quick reply! That settles it then.

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

And to add a bit in the discussion regarding Netsuzou Trap, I just want to say that regardless of what people may feel about it, I'm just glad we're having more yuri manga getting adapted and becoming an anime; it's not like it's a zero-sum game after all, there's plenty of space for more yuri.

Unfortunately I can't add in my own opinions on the series since I shy away from anything that involves cheating. The premise does seem unique though compared to what we mostly get, which is a theme that seems prevalent in Naoko's works. Lastly, even if I don't read the series, I still hope the readers get an ending that satisfies them. :)

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

^ The thread hasn't moved since you last posted on it, so it should be relatively safe from spoilers if you just auto-scroll to the bottom.

Thanks!

It is lol.

I knew it, I really enjoy reading their works.

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Does the game have any romantic elements that go anywhere? I'm kind of on the fence between this one and Root Letter and that would be the deciding factor for me. Does anyone become an official couple or something similar?

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Ah, yes, I just wanted to try it out here first because I was afraid there might be spoilers over there.

click me ^ _ ^

#Iregretnothing

This looks like Tamamusi's art.

last edited at Nov 15, 2016 10:34PM

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Er, for something a bit less serious, does Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni go anywhere in terms of romance? I've been trying to decide whether to get that or Root Letter and that's the deciding factor for me. No specific spoilers please.

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Fighting is bad ~~~(/☉ o ☉)/ let's just all get along (^ ^)

Yes, please.

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

If you happen to see the comment on Netsuzou trap, you're likely to see me hate on it. I absolutely hate nearly everything by Trolldama Naoko, renai manga and a few oneshots aside. If you like bisexual insane amount of aangst, drama and hateful and fucked up characters fucking up the few non fucked up characters then it's for you.

I haven't read Netsuzou trap because of the tags, but I do agree that Naoko creates some pretty hateful characters screwing with other people. After reading one of those Moratorium chapters in their Cocytus work, I never felt compelled to read any of their future works anymore. It's not odd to not be fond of a protagonist that is so messed up and who also seems to keep on pushing the idea of her being so heterosexual to the reader in a yuri manga, right? Her Moratorium protagonist expresses clear disgust at the idea of having sex with another woman. People have made the argument that she might be heterosexual but homoromantic, but iirc she clearly also says she doesn't love the other girl. That means that she basically tried to take advantage of her friend's feelings for her so that she could keep her as her platonic gal pal. The protagonist being het is fine in itself, but she was such a manipulative jerk that it was a pretty painful read seeing her thoughts and seeing things from her perspective.

Renai manga was a pretty good read though.

last edited at Nov 15, 2016 7:53PM