Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

Tumblr_ogrev97nel1tx2rdco1_250
joined Nov 10, 2016

^ My apologies for you to have to come in today to see the thread in this state. Let's start over, how's your day? ^ _ ^

It's fine. I'm half-asleep in a morning lecture, the usual stuff (^ ^)/

Fighting is bad ~~~(/☉ o ☉)/ let's just all get along (^ ^)

Yes, please.

Someone agrees!

last edited at Nov 15, 2016 8:48PM

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ Ah, not paying attention in lectures, how I've missed that luxury.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXJFbsQBvLw

This video is hilarious! (lol)

last edited at Nov 16, 2016 3:46AM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naktUDBaHuw

The series composer for Locodol and Flip Flappers will be in-charge of series composition on this anime as well. Given her past track record with composing the story for anime with an all-girl cast...I'm actually quite looking forward to this.

I'm looking forward to this. This kind of animation makes me cringe (likely cus im very mus not used to it) but I love rock bands, it'll be on my list

But yet, unsurprisingly, I loved Hotaru, I found her self-destructive personality and her internal conflict due to her feelings for Yuma to be absolutely compelling; it broke my heart to see her having to work at a night-club for utterly disgusting sub-human trash just because her self-hatred is too strong for her to find a proper job. Not to mention the fact that the reason why she needs the money might be because, yet again, she is starting to think that her prescence around Yuma won't bring anything good. Or the fact that she was willing to tell on Yuma if it meant getting the latter to stop working at that sleazy night-club. Hotaru cares about Yuma, so much to the point where her own well-being doesn't matter - That, is what I feel bad for. That, is what makes my heart hurt. That, is what I relate to, the feeling of loving someone so much that you stop caring about yourself.

I don't see a manipulative character in Hotaru, I see a girl who is desperately unwilling to let her only true love slip away, but yet at the same time not able to purely express her feelings due to the circumstances surrounding her; ultimately, I see someone who cares so much for the person she loves that, out of thinking her love is a burden or futile, is willing to let go so as to grant that person happiness, even if it means suffering silently.

(。•́︿•̀。)
I like Hotaru too

She deserves to work at this night-club and I sure don't pity her. She is right to hate herself

holy shit, fuck man, that's really just a horrible thing to say :<
Besides, whether Takeda is a good person or not is arguable. Still, conceding, he could be a good person. As a character tho? Nah, blandest thing ever. Completely uninteresting. You can feel sorry for him, and hope he turns out alright, but really, he's really boring. The "best character" of any series is arguable, but I really can't accept that him, being the throwaway generic nice guy he was written to be, simply can't be. He has no depth. He brings nothing to the plot, he's just an afterthought as everything happens. Fujiwara was almost the same kind of character, until he turned out to be a really big abusive asshole. WELL, at least he's "something".

last edited at Nov 16, 2016 12:20AM

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Er, for something a bit less serious, does Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni go anywhere in terms of romance? I've been trying to decide whether to get that or Root Letter and that's the deciding factor for me. No specific spoilers please.

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

click me ^ _ ^

#Iregretnothing

joined Sep 21, 2014

click me ^ _ ^

#Iregretnothing

HMM, SOMEHOW I REALLY RELATED TO THEM, I WONDER WHY
Thanks for sharing

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ You're welcome ^ _ ^

Also @Crane, I think you might have better chances asking someone in the VD thread than here tbh :/

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Ah, yes, I just wanted to try it out here first because I was afraid there might be spoilers over there.

click me ^ _ ^

#Iregretnothing

This looks like Tamamusi's art.

last edited at Nov 15, 2016 10:34PM

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ The thread hasn't moved since you last posted on it, so it should be relatively safe from spoilers if you just auto-scroll to the bottom.

It is lol.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

I believe it's harder for a woman to imagine what Takeda is feeling but I believe Ulquiorra will agree with me. Takeda is the best character so far in the serie, and it's a pity to see him thrown away like a piece of crap just because of this manipulative character Hotaru is.

But because he's a male character in a yuri he obviously will get all the hatred of frustrated girls who ship for the yuri, even though he is the most likable character.

I'm sorry. I'm a guy, and I agree with everything Rina said. I love Hotaru and despise Takeda.
I saw girls being the opposite and cheering for Takeda.
So please, don't transform this into a "but you girls can't understand a man's pain".

Sorry, I kinda of came out of nowhere here...

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ Doesn't look like this topic in particular is going to settle anytime soon so, feel free to join in I guess ^ _ ^ and thanks for agreeing with me!

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

^ The thread hasn't moved since you last posted on it, so it should be relatively safe from spoilers if you just auto-scroll to the bottom.

Thanks!

It is lol.

I knew it, I really enjoy reading their works.

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

And to add a bit in the discussion regarding Netsuzou Trap, I just want to say that regardless of what people may feel about it, I'm just glad we're having more yuri manga getting adapted and becoming an anime; it's not like it's a zero-sum game after all, there's plenty of space for more yuri.

Unfortunately I can't add in my own opinions on the series since I shy away from anything that involves cheating. The premise does seem unique though compared to what we mostly get, which is a theme that seems prevalent in Naoko's works. Lastly, even if I don't read the series, I still hope the readers get an ending that satisfies them. :)

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Also @Crane, I think you might have better chances asking someone in the VD thread than here tbh :/

I know this might sound trivial, but I really appreciate when people use the word Crane when referring to me. There's so many times now on the internet when people call me Lumber or Lumbering for some reason and not the actual noun in my username. I've been wanting to change it for a while now but it has sentimental value to me.

last edited at Nov 15, 2016 11:24PM

joined Sep 21, 2014

And to add a bit in the discussion regarding Netsuzou Trap, I just want to say that regardless of what people may feel about it, I'm just glad we're having more yuri manga getting adapted and becoming an anime; it's not like it's a zero-sum game after all, there's plenty of space for more yuri.

Unfortunately I can't add in my own opinions on the series since I shy away from anything that involves cheating. The premise does seem unique though compared to what we mostly get, which is a theme that seems prevalent in Naoko's works. Lastly, even if I don't read the series, I still hope the readers get an ending that satisfies them. :)

Jesus, you sound so nice Crane, what an actual nice thing to think
But for real yeah, even if I didn't like Citrus or NTrap, I'd still be glad something yuri actually gets adapted and animated, and if they do well, could mean well for the genre.

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

@Crane

Well it's the only way that feels natural to refer to your username (lol), "Lumber" sounds a little bit odd.

Also, I agree with what you said. There's really no reason to get too worked up regardless of how one views the manga.

last edited at Nov 15, 2016 11:27PM

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

Side note, my Twitter acc is now themed after Netsuzou TRap as well. Feel free to follow it, although unlike my yuri blog, my twitter is almost 90% seiyuu pics and 10% yuri (lol).

A clear indicator that I am in head-over-heels for something, is when my profile theme on almost every platform (sans my blog, which will always be a picture of Runa x Takako from Sono Hanabira 7) will change to reflect that particular series.

last edited at Nov 15, 2016 11:34PM

joined Sep 21, 2014

Side note, my Twitter acc is now themed after Netsuzou TRap as well. Feel free to follow it, although unlike my yuri blog, my twitter is almost 90% seiyuu pics and 10% yuri (lol).

A clear indicator that I am in head-over-heels for something, is when my profile theme on almost every platform (sans my blog, which will always be a picture of Runa x Takako from Sono Hanabira 7) will change to reflect that particular series.

Could you link me to your [twitter] profile pic? I don't recall ever seeing that one before

last edited at Nov 15, 2016 11:33PM

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ It's a pic promoting the release of Vol 1 of the manga, I got it from this post.

For some reason the source just resets back to Kodama Naoko's twitter media page, odd.

Edit: You didn't see anything :p

last edited at Nov 16, 2016 12:24AM

joined Sep 21, 2014

^ It's a pic promoting the release of Vol 1 of the manga, I got it from this post.

For some reason the source just resets back to Kodama Naoko's twitter media page, odd.

HAHAHAHA THEIR FACES
Yuma's always like :o
And Hotaru's just like smiling like ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), super sly-looking

Edit: absolutely

last edited at Nov 16, 2016 12:31AM

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ Just read your post and then looked at the pics again, I probably laughed way harder than I should've XD

joined Sep 21, 2014

Hotaru actually looks pretty sweet and innocent in the first one, it's a pretty nice smile
And then it's just all perv'd up
Yuma's just constantly gasping, I'm pretty sure we see her like that a lot in the series too lmao
When you get around to reading the rest of Kodama's work, I'm sure you'll notice that her go-to dialogue/speaking face is :o when they're not smiling. I know most mouthes are pretty much o's, but Kodama's mouthes are legit as circular/oval ish as they can be
Oh yeah, I mentioned I liked Moratorium, but my bad, I meant Cocytus. I liked the first story (Cocytus) more, but the general volume itself was enjoyable too

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ Now I've to try and read them without keeping that in mind and laughing (lol).

Also, side note, although I'm not completely aboard with Yurination due to their opinions on Sono Hanabira 7, I actually enjoyed reading their review post on Vol 1 of Netsuzou TRap.

And that's what I love about being in this fandom, there's never any hard feelings because there will always be pairings or manga you don't see eye to eye on, but yet at the same time, there're also works where everything just clicks and you find a common liking, a common cause. It's brilliant, really.

last edited at Nov 16, 2016 1:28AM

joined Sep 21, 2014

Btw, vol 1 ends at chapter 4 + extra, basically cliffhanging you af with "will Yuma sleep with Takeda or not"
yes I fucking bought the English copy god kill me
I don't regret it at all actually, but I know that the 'me' from half a year ago wouldn't have thought that I'd get it, but turns out that I do enjoy it and wanted to support the english yuri market :<

As for the other guy, he sucks. Even if something unexpected were to happen in the second volume involving him he would still suck.

ROFL
From what I've gathered tho, people's hate for NTrap isn't just the 'het', but likely stems from not liking the two main girls, to the point that they actually prefer the victimized Takeda. Makes sense; if you don't like either of the characters in the main couple/pairing of a romance oriented story, you have legit no reason to read on. or maybe you're reading cus of all that drama
So probs, they don't read on cus they hate the mcs. Or they dread the guys in it, taking too large of a role, getting too much screen time with the girls.

last edited at Nov 16, 2016 1:40AM

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ True, that seems to be the case :/

I'm pretty much on the inverse side of the spectrum where the male characters creeps me out, but yet I find Hotaru and Yuma to have such a compelling relationship that I want to follow on and hope that they end up together.

last edited at Nov 16, 2016 4:02AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.