Forum › How Do I Get Together With My Childhood Friend? discussion

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

This literal idiot couple...

Nice present, though. :P

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Well, that's a lot of panic and disclaimers but it was so cute and touching and adorable that all is forgiven.

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

Whoa, they're like 3cm away from marriage basically.

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

Turns out things can get actually funny if you aren't constrained by purposefully hiding the perspective of one of the characters for like 15 chapters (yes I'm still perplexed by that). I think this chapter was my favourite one yet,

Yeap. Recent chapters are much better now that we actually have two characters going back and forth. Considering how extremely emotive she is now, it's still hard to square with how blank she was for the beginning but it's a very welcome change. Much more fun.

I like to imagine that Yuzu still seems that subdued to everyone around her, and the reason we’re seeing her all emotive is because her perspective has been opened up, allowing us to see what’s just below the surface.

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Turns out things can get actually funny if you aren't constrained by purposefully hiding the perspective of one of the characters for like 15 chapters (yes I'm still perplexed by that). I think this chapter was my favourite one yet,

Yeap. Recent chapters are much better now that we actually have two characters going back and forth. Considering how extremely emotive she is now, it's still hard to square with how blank she was for the beginning but it's a very welcome change. Much more fun.

I like to imagine that Yuzu still seems that subdued to everyone around her, and the reason we’re seeing her all emotive is because her perspective has been opened up, allowing us to see what’s just below the surface.

That's definitely the charitable interpretation but wouldn't that have played better had we seen her perspective earlier? I imagine it would be pretty funny to listen to her lose her shit, while outwardly she's stoic. Instead we didn't hear from her at all. All in the past now anyway. It's been smoother sailing for a bit now.

last edited at May 9, 2024 4:22PM

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

I wonder what their friends think of these two idiots, oblivious flirting in front of them.

__amaori_renako_and_ouzuka_mai_watashi_ga_koibito_ni_nareru_wake_naijan_murimuri_drawn_by_monsieur__d7bc0a80fd23f14c58ed2720509220b2
joined Oct 15, 2021

This isn't just absurd anymore its ridiculous, preposterous even. And its hilarious

joined Jan 6, 2017

I wonder what their friends think of these two idiots, oblivious flirting in front of them.

"Wow, look at these two idiots obviously flirting in front of us"

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

I love it. ['now make them kiss' voice] NOW MAKE THEM GET DUMBER

joined Oct 21, 2013

Soon:
"It's normal for Best Friends to have sex."

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

She is so fucking stupid in such a unique way. Who the hell interprets it like that LOL

On the contrary, this might be the smartest thing Minami has done so far, just take it as a win and roll with it :P

last edited at May 10, 2024 1:28PM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Wow, I think this is the first chapter of a yuri manga in a WHILE that actually managed to piss me the hell off, we're reaching levels of trash not thought possible here.

??? This chapter was adorable. Minami is actually hopeful and expectant and Yuzu is making progress in spite of herself.

Like, you guys all get that when Minami says "Yep! Total Best Friend behavior" she knows that it isn't actually, right? She explicitly lays out her thought process: If Yuzu thinks this is "normal" for them, then she can't be more than a small push away from falling for her. She says "Yep, totally normal!" because she's trying to maintain that sense of closeness, not because she's actually dumb enough to buy the claim. This is the least useless Minami has been since this series started, she's clearly actively making moves. Kabedons, heart cookies, cheek kisses. Girl is on the attack, on purpose, because she has correctly sensed that it isn't a hopeless pursuit. She doesn't know that Yuzu actually is already head over heels, mind, she thinks she still has work to do, but she recognizes that the forehead kiss was definitely NOT far from a direct expression of romance, that's why her hopes soared.

(Edit: I mean, y'all, you realize the normal play for this trope is that Yuzu says "Yeah, totally a platonic forehead kiss!" and Minami would get all depressed about how it isn't romantic after all and lose heart? That's how this usually plays out. Minami going "Wow, that was SUPER gay for 'normal', maybe I've got a shot after all" is a subversion of the trope.)

As for the change in Yuzu's behavior, remember, until very recently, she was actively trying to surpress her feelings, because she already thought it was hopeless. The way I see it, now that Minami's on the offensive, like, actually trying to seduce her, her composure is cracking like a crumbling dam. She has changed, because she can't hold it in, because it's like Minami is TRYING to make her hope for more!

Because, y'know, she is.

last edited at May 10, 2024 11:41PM

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Like, you guys all get that when Minami says "Yep! Total Best Friend behavior" she knows that it isn't actually, right? She explicitly lays out her thought process: If Yuzu thinks this is "normal" for them, then she can't be more than a small push away from falling for her. She says "Yep, totally normal!" because she's trying to maintain that sense of closeness, not because she's actually dumb enough to buy the claim. This is the least useless Minami has been since this series started, she's clearly actively making moves. Kabedons, heart cookies, cheek kisses. Girl is on the attack, on purpose, because she has correctly sensed that it isn't a hopeless pursuit. She doesn't know that Yuzu actually is already head over heels, mind, she thinks she still has work to do, but she recognizes that the forehead kiss was definitely NOT far from a direct expression of romance, that's why her hopes soared.

(Edit: I mean, y'all, you realize the normal play for this trope is that Yuzu says "Yeah, totally a platonic forehead kiss!" and Minami would get all depressed about how it isn't romantic after all and lose heart? That's how this usually plays out. Minami going "Wow, that was SUPER gay for 'normal', maybe I've got a shot after all" is a subversion of the trope.)

I'm pretty sure she does think this is normal. She just argues that they've still progressed because they never kissed before as friends--this is new--so, for her, that counts as a new level of closeness. She imagines that there can't be many more steps left after best friends who kiss.

last edited at May 11, 2024 1:48AM

Untitled-compressed
joined Jun 5, 2023

Is this manga a web manga? How do you know which is the web manga and which is the print manga?

To reply you must either login or sign up.