Forum › Posts by Mandarin

Fvwhfw_xoaawl_w
joined Feb 16, 2016

My interpretation of Reona's "I mean she's technically..." in response to "your friend from another school" is that the friend is not in school at all and could be older.

I think Non probably would not have been Reona's festival date because she actually does go to another school (so there wouldn't be anything technically). It didn't seem like Non was coming to the festival for anyone else but Honami either

Fvwhfw_xoaawl_w
joined Feb 16, 2016

"nothing good's going to come from falling in love with a dead girl"

...oof that hurts

Mandarin
Fvwhfw_xoaawl_w
joined Feb 16, 2016

if your gonna say this story fits with yuri=friendship

keep it at just that! there was no gay in it, it was full on subtext galore….ah but for christ sake ofc it was” yuri” since that is just “friendship”, thank god i didn’t waste my time with another one of this “yuri” cuz at this point people got to realize you LITERALLY do not need that tag for god damn FRIENDSHIP

how come Yaoi is clear cut homosexual, or Bara for christ sake! they have 2 tags for clear cut gay between men YET “Yuri” is left for the stupid option of “they were just friends” AND “they bump clits like crazy” it’s literally a coin flip, at this point i don’t read ongoing stories unless i can already figure out the “Yuri” is actually god damn Yuri, usually the story description makes it clear but even THAT has the 50/50 chance of being a trap, just another waste of tag just to make a story about “friendship”

If you want romance, there's the romance tag.

Although this series heavily uses "friends" and "bonds" throughout, I'd say it's used in a comedic way rather than emphasizing that yeah this is pure pure pure friendship there is no deeper yuri relationship anywhere. "Friends" is almost always put in contrast with the things Akari does that are way beyond what's considered just friendship. Tangentially related thought, I love this series so much more because it explores aspects of yuri relationships beyond love confessions and going on dates.

For your tidbit on yaoi, I'm not sure if that sounds completely right to me. Gay undertones isn't just a yuri thing.

Mandarin
Fvwhfw_xoaawl_w
joined Feb 16, 2016

It looks like by ch31 Akari's insanity has rubbed off on everyone to some degree. Such beautiful bonds

Mandarin
Fvwhfw_xoaawl_w
joined Feb 16, 2016
Htq_7-1709903739325395451-img1%20(1)

Real

Fvwhfw_xoaawl_w
joined Feb 16, 2016

Having more of this is a must

Mandarin
Fvwhfw_xoaawl_w
joined Feb 16, 2016

besties :)

Mandarin
Fvwhfw_xoaawl_w
joined Feb 16, 2016

:'(

Fvwhfw_xoaawl_w
joined Feb 16, 2016

Love the recap lots, both in content and layout. I like the inclusion of the silly lil Honda Reona emotes from the volume 2 extras :)

So on the strength of the seal being inversely related to how much Michi can remember. This could be some sort of equivalent exchange type thing. Mini Michi might only have the power to maintain the seals through the sacrifice of Michi's memory.

After Sayaka performs the ritual to lend some of her power over, Michi is able to retain more of her memories involving Aizawa due to having more power to go around without the need of the sacrifice/exchange

Mandarin
Fvwhfw_xoaawl_w
joined Feb 16, 2016

Really sweet that Non-chan treats Kumagorou like a little brother has a soft spot for him despite her usual act

Fvwhfw_xoaawl_w
joined Feb 16, 2016

Ty for the translation :)

Mandarin
Fvwhfw_xoaawl_w
joined Feb 16, 2016
116896171_p0

real

Fvwhfw_xoaawl_w
joined Feb 16, 2016

When your gf can't find you in a crowd within a short period of time you KNOW you gotta ditch her lmao

Fvwhfw_xoaawl_w
joined Feb 16, 2016

Is there any particular reason for why the title has Yashiro in quote marks?

Name spelled in English here, bottom right https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/demon_lord_of_yashiro_ch01#3

Fvwhfw_xoaawl_w
joined Feb 16, 2016

It's really unnerving the way possessed Ange acted so giddy as she was approaching Aizawa. Why does she also insist that Tear comes along and witness what's to happen? If she rushed in by herself, she probably would have been able to do whatever she was going to. But then again yeah Ange wasn't expecting the seal to reappear.

Another thing I find myself rereading is "Just let us be with you a little more." Like everyone else I'm surprised that mini Michi is treated separate. The line really makes me think though, if the presence of mini Michi and Aizawa are meant to be temporary, and if they are doomed to fade away, even without the threat of Ange finding them. How separated/distinct are the two Michi's? I feel like if the two were formerly one then split due to the festival incident, micro Michi would more likely than not view herself as a core part of Michi Michi, rather than something that causes trouble for her.

When Michi was running through her subconscience, she had a moment where she finally found what she was looking for to fill up the emptiness she felt. She reached towards mini Michi, but grabbed a hold of Aizawa instead. I associated small Michi with Michi's former self before the festival incident. The sequence of events makes me feel like it's the story's way of indicating that Michi is moving forward instead of trying to fill the emptiness with her past self. She's finding purpose in her role protecting Aizawa. I think that's neat.

This chapter brought up so many questions. Man this is really a doozy to process all at once but I'm really loving this series. Thanks for the scanlations and in-depth notes, Blamey :)

Mandarin
Fvwhfw_xoaawl_w
joined Feb 16, 2016

This series is a true hidden gem. Pleasantly surprised and loving how funny and sweet it is

Fvwhfw_xoaawl_w
joined Feb 16, 2016

I usually am all for poly endings, but I don't think the three ending up in a poly relationship would be meaningful to this story in particular. It feels more just like an easy way out.

I agree that the three together with little attraction between Lapis and Diana does count as poly and yeah that could work out. But in terms of meaningfulness and character impact, I would prefer them to work things out because things are complex and people are complex. I adore this manga so much because of the thought put behind each character.

Fvwhfw_xoaawl_w
joined Feb 16, 2016

Neat. Good that the misunderstanding didn't last for more than one chapter. The whole buildup leading up to the beach and the beach confession kinda really fizzled out though.

I can see that this way to approach things does make it so that we kind of go through the same notes that Tsukushi goes through. So much pressure is put onto The confession and getting it right. Feeling feverish and hazy was easily brushed aside. And then, at The moment, everything goes wrong. Afterwards, we feel distress that Tsukushi feels when Hinoka cries. We think back on how things went so poorly along with thoughts about "Tsukushi should have done this" and "Tsukushi wouldn't have made Hinoka cry if she did that."

Idk thinking real hard about reasons why Hijiki went with the failed beach confession beyond "stretching the story out." It is a shame that the emotional high of getting your feelings through to Hinoka at the beach would have been much much higher than the emotional crash and rise afterwards when the feelings do go through. Maybe this relates to how things don't always go as planned?

But hey I am glad they are together now. It would be hillarious if we see Hinoka reacting to Tsukushi's reasoning behind being fully emotionally bracing herself for a rejection. Literally "it came to me in a dream"

Fvwhfw_xoaawl_w
joined Feb 16, 2016

Maybe it's just me, but there's just so many of these "villainess" stories lately that it's hard to find the entertainment in them anymore. This one does seem to subvert the trope a bit more than the majority of them, so I'll probably give it a shot, but seriously, this genre has become way too over oversaturated.

Personally, I love the setting, but it does irk me that it's always, always an otome game isekai. If I had to pick between 10 contemporary stories set in school or office life and 10 with feudal nobility... give me the nobility!!! Pretty dresses, fantasy politics, royal drama! Maybe even some magic and dragons to spice things up? But I've never once felt like game elements or the protagonist knowing the future contributed to my enjoyment of the story, and in a few cases the game elements sent the story so far off the deep end of making any sense that I completely lost interest.

Yeah I couldn't agree more. It would be nice to follow a protagonist that is a part of and integrated in the fantasy/nobility world that finds themselves in extraordinary/interesting circumstances rather than a literal "main character" who is the only person that knows how things will play out. Having a backstory beyond oops I died or oops I was magically transported adds so much more depth and makes for interesting characterization. (One exception I super super enjoy is "Fed Up OL" tho)

But it's all good. Lighthearted stories are nice, and there's nothing wrong with the story as how it is right now. There are still things that could be interesting

Mandarin
Fvwhfw_xoaawl_w
joined Feb 16, 2016

Fvwhfw_xoaawl_w
joined Feb 16, 2016

I'm all in for reading some toxic yuri. Definitely shows promise and could be more interesting than watanare and arioto

Fvwhfw_xoaawl_w
joined Feb 16, 2016

and finally we get "the face she shouldn't show" lmao. Sure also looks like Io is having a little bit of a crisis realizing that she's suddenly into all these perverted things that she never was before, though I'd wager that's because attraction does make all the difference, and it's hot for her specifically because she's doing it with Misa.

100% it's because of attraction-- although I definitely think she likely was going to have a sub side to her anyway. I'm kinda confused about Misa... she says she's just doing this for Io, but is she enjoying herself too? lol

She definitely is.

Ch5 p23: "Seeing your face all messed up like this... I can't get enough of it"

Fvwhfw_xoaawl_w
joined Feb 16, 2016

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Fvwhfw_xoaawl_w
joined Feb 16, 2016

this series just doesn't miss. much appreciated, scanlating team :)

Fvwhfw_xoaawl_w
joined Feb 16, 2016

Is there any way to know which magazine a manga series (For example, this one) is published in?

Usually you can go to the author's Twitter page or other social media. They usually promote the release of new chapters. Here's where this series is published https://storia.takeshobo.co.jp/manga/osakano/