Forum › How I Lose Bets With My Sadistic Gifted Childhood Friend and She Steals All of My Firsts discussion

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

Hateful love is so delicious

Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

zanpakutoman posted:

With the way this story's been going I feel like the Idiot couple and Lots of kissing tags should be added.

Nah, the idiot_couple tag is for stuff like Kase-san to Yamada or Strawberry Shake Sweet. These 2 may behave idiotically, but they're not an "idiot_couple"

You might have a point with the lots_of_kissing tag, tho....

last edited at Apr 18, 2024 10:03PM

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

LOL wow Komaki has a crush on Wakaba, not like this isn't obvious now. It's like when drafting it up the author said, "Ok but like what if it was the same troupe where a boy can't figure out how to say they like the girl normally so he teases her to oblivion butttt it was a genius girl and a her former best friend turned rival"

Bro who casually says that kissing that much is to ruin dignity. Do you see her kissing a bunch of other people? No, she's obsessed with you. And to think the first couple chapters had everyone confused lollll

joined Feb 17, 2022

I quite like these two but honestly. I might've preferred a slice of life of their childhoods together. The idea of Wakaba being Komaki's only friend while she consistently challenges her to random bouts would've been very cute if a bit generic.

The current dynamic feels tense in general. It's like Wakaba wants something but the only way she feels she can demand something of Komaki is if she wins against her. I have no idea if Komaki wants Wakaba to submit or to win and knock her down a peg. I for one, am looking forward to where this manga goes, but it might pull some generic shenanigans considering a new challenger approaches

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

The problem is that it's an adaptation of a WN, so it's verbose and there's a lot of internal dialogue and exposition. But the mangaka can only cram so much.

So we have to follow the line of thought of Wakaba and make sense of it.

Pfp2
joined Jan 11, 2022

The problem is that it's an adaptation of a WN, so it's verbose and there's a lot of internal dialogue and exposition. But the mangaka can only cram so much.

So we have to follow the line of thought of Wakaba and make sense of it.

Yeah that tends to be an issue, a lot of what I really love about Arioto is kind of lost in the manga, it was still fun to see the characters in a manga though!

Have you read this mangas LN? If so how did you feel about it?

Also a little off topic, but have you read the either the Arioto manga or LN? If so I'd love to hear your thoughts.

I'm sorry in advance if these questions are bothersome, I only ask because you scanlate a lot of manga that I really like.

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

I can't root for any of them really, their personality is so (unexplainable and unreasonably) twisted that it's really impossible to like them or hope they end up together, they're so toxic lol

It's the opposite for me, they're both so twisted and obsessed with each other than I can't not root for them to end up together. Early chapters might have had a tinge of "Wakaba deserves better" but it's entirely gone now.

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

Hell yeah, now this is what I'm looking for. Delicious.

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

I can't root for any of them really, their personality is so (unexplainable and unreasonably) twisted that it's really impossible to like them or hope they end up together, they're so toxic lol

It's the opposite for me, they're both so twisted and obsessed with each other than I can't not root for them to end up together. Early chapters might have had a tinge of "Wakaba deserves better" but it's entirely gone now.

They're perfect for each other and Komaki has always known it. She's just been putting in the work to get Wakaba to realize it too. Instead of "realize), I should say "accept it," because Wakaba obviously likes Komaki. Messy but fun.

last edited at Apr 19, 2024 10:05AM

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Bitter moon, the yuri manga version

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Okay, I'm starting to see why she's like this towards mc

Licentious Lantern
Lantern%202
joined Sep 17, 2021

Wakaba's ability to read Komaki's mind games is so well developed, yet she simultaneously doesn't understand what she is thinking at all. It seems all so strange.

For example the exchange:
"What would you do if you had a lover?"
"Probably a sleepover."
"Then I'm looking forward to it."
This can hardly be going over her head, yet somehow it does.

What really stands out in this chapter is how many weaknesses Komaki shows. For someone supposedly so perfect she suddenly appears much more hopeless. She can't handle spicy food, she can't sleep without her specific pillow. It's all contrary to her perfect image. Wakaba even actively compensates for those weaknesses.... Hmm. I think there is a point to that too.

To reply you must either login or sign up.