Forum › Black & White discussion

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Ooh, this fucker...

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

She thinks she's riding high. But the thing is, all the higher-ups know two things about her.

1. She's a traitor, and nobody likes a traitor
2. She's an ambitious woman, and they're male chauvinists--look what they used her to do to the other ambitious women at the company.

She thinks she's using them. They used her, and soon they will discard her. And she will be easy to discard, because she's dirty, and her clever tricks will do her no good when all the old boys close ranks against her.

Torako-okay4
joined Oct 17, 2017

holy shit i am so excited for the revenge

Img_5033%204
joined Jan 18, 2021

I hope this doesn't play out the way corporate backstabbing does IRL

joined May 23, 2020

Is this the end? If so gotta admit I expected Junko to pretty much explode but this was also good. You can tell she'll burn out fast. So happy for Kayo! She deserves it after all that crap.

Forgot to add, thank you Gouma for translating this masterpiece!

last edited at Dec 23, 2023 7:58PM

Images
joined Feb 9, 2015

Such a beautiful ending. This is much better than any kind of violent revenges. She can't win against someone who never intend to compete.

last edited at Dec 24, 2023 2:37AM

joined Feb 1, 2021

The moral of the story is, don't work at a bank.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

That's a rather calm ending for this serie.

Cut%20out%20avater
joined May 25, 2023

gotta say, its not the ending I wanted before reading it, but it makes sense and kinda nice closer.
I am just happy she got away and is now happy with her nice gf ^^

also im just happy I dont have to wait anxiously for the ending and can focus again on happy mangas, but was still very nice one as a kinda break from my usual reads.

and big thanks for translating^^
edit: and I love the title of the last chapter. with black and white coming from the hair, now going with one in the bright path, the other being welcomed to the dark path.
And I guess hashimoto went down the black path too, if I understood right? rip, but it was her choice, kinda

last edited at Dec 23, 2023 8:20PM

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Wow... Complete garbage... Good to know... I'll avoid this author from now on.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

Yeah Sal Jiang was cooking here. Junko gets everything she's wanted, crushes Kayo into the fucking dirt. Gets Sakakibara fired. And now a year later she's gotten the first of what she plans to be many promotions.

And what has it gotten her, really? Kayo has moved on, Kayo is working for the new company her partner Sakakibara created. Kayo was forced out of the ratrace and found herself better for it.

But Junko, well. She spent a year assuming that she was playing the deputy director for all that he was worth and her reward was the revelation that she's going up against many more people than she thought if she intends to continue climbing.

And lastly, Hashimoto. She's almost unrecognizable. Junko pulled her in and it seems like over the course of a year she's gotten very good at playing the game.

Junko won, but Kayo got out and let's be honest with ourselves only one of them is in a happy relationship and living a life where she can let down her guard. And it's not Junko

last edited at Dec 23, 2023 8:26PM

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Fantastic. Loved everything about this series. "I won, didn't I?" is such a great line to end on--the use of darkness, light and shadows, as well as the sounds of her heels fading into the black. So good.

Because she didn't win, unless you've fallen into the trap of thinking like she does. Kayo doesn't think like that anymore and doesn't even consider that there's something to be won any longer. She's happier now.

Asking for any kind of revenge plot from Kayo would have defeated the point. That would be exactly what Junko wanted--another tit-for-tat, another fight.

This is how it had to end. Kayo literally couldn't be bothered. She's living her life. Forgotten Junko. Sometimes it's better to walk away from a fight and move on. There's a lot of power in that and people definitely miss that. This is the most anti-Junko ending you could imagine. Kayo broke the cycle. A complete and total rejection of Junko's worldview. So complete that she's left dumfounded. Love it.

last edited at Dec 23, 2023 8:34PM

joined Dec 3, 2023

It didn't feel like Junko got what she deserved. She likes to trample on others and play that kind of game, so her trying to continue climbing doesn't feel like a punishment for her. I would like to see her being more regretful, it was a soft ending for me.

joined Mar 4, 2017

It didn't feel like Junko got what she deserved. She likes to trample on others and play that kind of game, so her trying to continue climbing doesn't feel like a punishment for her. I would like to see her being more regretful, it was a soft ending for me.

I think it's the perfect ending. We all wanted her to just punishment for what she did, the reality is, getting what she wanted was the worst possible punishment. Her life is empty and full of violence. Everyday wearing a mask. Everyday fighting. Never knowing genuine emotion like love and trust.

I would have thought snatching victory from her would have been a punishment in the end, really letting her have everything she wants is the worst punishment of all.

Kayo thought she lost, but ultimately, she didn't win or lose. Neither didm She escaped. Found something better. Junko is still trapped.

I actually feel really sorry for her. If anything this is her worst possible ending.

Ushi-nooo
joined Aug 20, 2014

I honestly really liked that ending. Kayo took this chance to move on and become better, realizing fighting and revenge isn't the way to success or happiness. And she ended up with Satomi! I wanna see them being cute together

Fb_img_1492462408743
joined Jan 18, 2014

I'm cool with mostly everything, but my girl Hashimoto did not deserve this ending

joined May 24, 2014

Where's your crown, Queen nothing?

last edited at Dec 23, 2023 9:14PM

Dumshork
joined Mar 19, 2022

It didn't feel like Junko got what she deserved.

Hell is not a place you get sent to. It's a place you construct for yourself, brick by brick. Those who inhabit it rarely even realize they're there.

joined Nov 27, 2021

It was a nice ride but this last one... It is really, really far from perfect. They did Yoshiko dirty, Satomi only got a name drop, and like 80% of the chapter is about Junko and her delusions.

But it was fun to see her falling even deeper into that corporate hell, and it is quite amusing how oblivious she is to everything from her true position in the workplace to Kayo's feelings and actions. Although it seems like she is slowly coming to a realization.

joined Jan 3, 2020

I really could have never predicted where the seeming-oneshot of two women beating the shit out of each other ended up.

Sal Jiang has definitely done something really creative here, and I feel like the ending is a great compromise between making some social commentary and having a happy ending that Yuri readers mostly want.

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

I guess Yoshiko was always greedy for Junko, so now she is on the dark side as well. Even her expression is similar to hers now. I still like to imagine it's somewhat salvageable in the near future. It doesn't feel like Junko will keep going on like this for very long.

joined Aug 21, 2017

I love this ending. Junko won! The "villainess" won. But it's the definition of a hollow victory. Kayo found a different game to play, one that she's much happier playing, one that simply matters more, while Junko is stuck on the corporate grind.

The spread of Kayo walking away from Junko is fantastic. Kayo walking towards the flowers, nature, in harmony with herself and her environment. Junko being left in the dark, under the bridge, in the constructions and schemes of the career she's chosen. Junko got everything she wanted, yet Kayo is still happier. It's the perfect comeuppance.

joined Dec 19, 2023

Basically Junko won to rule over that little kingdom of hers but she got promoted were she doesn't really have power and instead Kayo was freed from basically an hell and really she's not someone who can't make it anywhere, Junko left with obsession is the best non violent revenge ending that could had happen

joined Dec 19, 2023

Basically Junko won to rule over that little kingdom of hers but she got promoted were she doesn't really have power and instead Kayo was freed from basically an hell and really she's not someone who can't make it anywhere, Junko left with obsession is the best non violent revenge ending that could had happen

Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

And so Junko winds up facing the greatest form of justice: poetic justice.

To reply you must either login or sign up.