Forum › A Lying Bride's Case for Same-Sex Marriage discussion

joined Jan 3, 2020

I didn't like NTR but loved I Married My Best Friend to Shut My Parents Up.

I also really like the title of this. Guess we'll see how it goes.

Edit: Tags are pretty wild here. As of Chapter 1, it isn't technically any of those things. The only real tag would be like "lesbian misery caused by heteronormativity". Yeah, it'll probably be "bisexual" and "cheating" and "Yuri" by next chapter, so those are fairly safe picks.

Still don't see any justification for "netorare" though. Her husband is clearly against her running away. If it is just because of the author, she's written several things now and the majority of them are not netorare.

last edited at Nov 14, 2023 6:27AM

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

I saw the title and then I saw the art and then the author and came straight here and saw this comment.

Kodama Naoko

Oh dear, here we go again.

I really can't say it any better than that

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

Damn, this is probably the most plain kodama naoko's manga so far, with the dullest characters and horrendous dialogue and logics ;; anyway, will stick around, maybe

Untitled%20(1)
joined Aug 24, 2016

Basically, everyone here has already said what I was thinking. When I saw the author's name those tags made a whole lot more sense.

joined Jul 23, 2019

Hell yeah it's finally here! I've been reading it in Spanish for a while now.

Is cute little deuterago-chan actualy a Kuzu joshi ?

Hehehe, nice example of a rhetorical question.

I mean, come on, it's a manga story by Kodama Naoko! ^_^

Is she pregnant?

I'm not sure if this is a spoiler, but...

No she ain't preggers. In fact she prolly can't. Or rather, she needs some kind of therapy with hormones 'n stuff to have a chance. But she doesn't wanna. She's fine not having children. And that's the reason of her fight with her husband: he DEMANDS children! And if it hurts her wife's body, welp, so be it, he doesn't care! >_<;; Frankly, I think she did the right thing when she left the dumb ass.

last edited at Nov 14, 2023 9:01AM

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

My body is ready.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Pretty tame start to a Kodama Naoko story but we'll see as the story goes on lol.

joined Dec 17, 2021

I don't know, based on the start I feel like this will be a case where the story doesn't live up to whatever ominous dread its tags inspire.

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Did she just take her toy trains labeled "netsuzou trap" and "I Married My Best Friend to Shut My Parents Up" and ram them into each other?????

That's exactly what this is, and I'm kinda interested. But we'll see how seriously it takes the more grounded premise about homophobia and whatnot

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

Not gonna read this, but the tags are basically a summary of Kodama Naoko as a writer.

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

This is why straight girls are so dangerous! I am having PTSD flashbacks here!

__toshinou_kyouko_yuru_yuri_drawn_by_namori__943f8c23512b1acef28d53ce169c5909
joined Apr 24, 2020

Mhm mhm, shit's gonna get messy. Can't wait! Kodama Naoko once again here to serve the morally dubious women I so desperately want to see more of in my yuri.

joined Jun 25, 2020

Kodama Naoko is back!! and I'll prolly have damaged emotional capacity but I love her works so it's worth it.

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

Ay my girl is back! *cries in withdrawal. Please don't get canceled or licensed

joined Apr 16, 2022

I honestly really like Kodama Naoko's works, and this chapter was a great start. I was surprised by how overtly political it got too; I definitely hadn't expected Kodama to be the first yuri mangaka to explicitly call out Japan's political establishment dragging its feet on gay marriage despite massive public support. Really looking forward to seeing where it goes from here.

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

The one-trick pony author is back...

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Every time a Kodama Naoko chapter is uploaded to dynasty, anyone who reads it tosses/flips a coin

Qy1n9jd3ivu
joined Dec 23, 2018

Is she pregnant?

I'm not sure if this is a spoiler, but...

No she ain't preggers. In fact she prolly can't. Or rather, she needs some kind of therapy with hormones 'n stuff to have a chance. But she doesn't wanna. She's fine not having children. And that's the reason of her fight with her husband: he DEMANDS children! And if it hurts her wife's body, welp, so be it, he doesn't care! Frankly, I think she did the right thing when she left the dumb ass.

Thanks a lot for the explanation! It was very helpful.
Now it has more sense than wandering around in possible special condition and not knowing exactly where to go. Poor woman...

Author indeed started harshly, bravely criticizing Japan politics and traditional behavior toward minorities and women. Very promising story!

Probably readers should not be discouraged by current tags.

joined Apr 2, 2020

Nah, not touching another one of this.

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

I saw the tag combo and the author and got so excited

I look forward to another hot mess

joined Sep 4, 2016

Saw the author, came straight to the comments.

joined Jun 1, 2016

I have such a soft spot for kodama's work. let's see where is future drama goes

joined Jun 1, 2016

I have such a soft spot for kodama's work. let's see where is future drama goes

joined Aug 21, 2017

Oh boy

joined Feb 23, 2020

Okay, I'm ready for whatever this is going to be.

To reply you must either login or sign up.