Forum › Posts by gork5

Untitled%20(1)
joined Aug 24, 2016

My question isn't whether this is all a dream or not. My question is how much longer is this series going to last now that they're in a relationship? Too often nowadays, many yuri series end once the main characters enter a relationship instead of exploring the relationship.

The purpose of those series is primarily centered around romance and the pursuit of it. The narrative tension lies in this pursuit, and once the romance is achieved, there's often a decline in narrative momentum.

Most series don't seamlessly transition from a dramatic narrative centered on achieving love to a more "slice of life" format. That's essentially a genre shift and often wasn't what interested the author (or many readers).

That's why many series that continue after the main romantic plot concludes often have additional dramatic focuses running alongside the romance, providing ongoing narrative depth and purpose--essentially other problems to solve. That's also why I love series that have romance as an additional genre and not the entire focus.

Fair point. I guess I was just venting about what I want from the genre, and I just so rarely see it today in series that I really enjoy. Personally, I just get irritated when you have all this dramatic tension and the story ends once the payoff has been achieved. If people really enjoy these kinda stories, there's nothing wrong with that.

Untitled%20(1)
joined Aug 24, 2016

My question isn't whether this is all a dream or not. My question is how much longer is this series going to last now that they're in a relationship? Too often nowadays, many yuri series end once the main characters enter a relationship instead of exploring the relationship.

Untitled%20(1)
joined Aug 24, 2016

Sometimes, it feels like almost every mom in manga falls between extremes of either in the super kind, helpful, wingwomanning their daughter type, or the traditionalist, arranged marriage antagonistic one.

I loooooove the former. Her reaction to Suuna announcing that she has a sefure was priceless, same with Suuna's reaction as an easily aggravated daughter. I'd be curious to see her meet Ruka.

I agree with you. The arranged marriage plotlines are always so forced and drawn out just for the sake of dramatic tension. Wingman mamas are always better.

Untitled%20(1)
joined Aug 24, 2016

Damn, people are pretty hard on Tsukushi. She only realized her feelings a while ago, organized the trip to confess, and tried to. She was stop before she could do it, but I'm pretty much sure she would have done it. If anything, Hinoka had the easy part as she was already quite aware of Tsukushi's feelings for her, and was just waiting while giving hints. She just gave the last little push in the end but I found Tsukushi's courage more impressive. Doing all of that, thinking you're going to be rejected must be really hard.

Regardless, I'm still happy the way it happened, and I can't wait to see their relationship evolve! I hope that the third volume won't be the last though. It's pretty popular, but Hijiki have been quite inconsistent with the release. Must be hard to publish two series at the same time.

I know I'm being pessimistic here but it seems a lot of yuri manga these days seem to end soon after the confession, or worse, right after the confession. Obviously I always want to see the relationships fully explored but I'm not getting my hopes up.

gork5
Love Bullet discussion 06 Dec 07:24
Untitled%20(1)
joined Aug 24, 2016

You're finally awake.

Untitled%20(1)
joined Aug 24, 2016

Basically, everyone here has already said what I was thinking. When I saw the author's name those tags made a whole lot more sense.

Untitled%20(1)
joined Aug 24, 2016

Odds this gets an anime?

Slim, probably

Untitled%20(1)
joined Aug 24, 2016

Progress at the speed of light. Hopefully it doesn't just end because it'd be fun seeing them as a couple for a few more chapters.

Sadly, I think it probably will end soon. So many yuri manga these days end as soon as the two main characters enter a relationship. I wish they would spend more time exploring the characters after they become a couple because that’s what most of us want to see

Untitled%20(1)
joined Aug 24, 2016

Wow this switched gear towards ending pretty fast. Ngl though she looks way better with glasses.

Ditto

gork5
Untitled%20(1)
joined Aug 24, 2016

Am I the only one who's extremely confused about what's going on? It feels like both within the chapter it gets muddled and the fact that the series seems to have rebooted midway through certainly doesn't help either

I feel the same way.

gork5
Citrus + discussion 21 Mar 17:23
Untitled%20(1)
joined Aug 24, 2016

And here I thought this series was going to at least try and do something original and make up for all the melodrama that we got in the last one.

Untitled%20(1)
joined Aug 24, 2016

Huh?

Untitled%20(1)
joined Aug 24, 2016

Uh oh, mom found the runaway idol daughter… is she gonna be dragged back into the showbiz?

Something like that, and then she's going to be "shown the error of her ways" and that "her daughter has her own life."

gork5
Untitled%20(1)
joined Aug 24, 2016

Good to see I'm the only one who doesn't understand what the hell is happening in this chapter

gork5
School Zone discussion 01 Sep 18:58
Untitled%20(1)
joined Aug 24, 2016

I'm not getting my hopes up but Yokoe and Kei are (very hopefully) approaching confession territory. Granted even if Yokoe does confess, Kei might hold off on her response (like some other yuri mangas).
That aside, I hope this also means that the other couples are approaching the confession stage of their relationships.

gork5
Untitled%20(1)
joined Aug 24, 2016

Progress? Maybe. Hotel? Trivago.

Untitled%20(1)
joined Aug 24, 2016

I feel the demon isn’t as stupid as she lets on.

Untitled%20(1)
joined Aug 24, 2016

Possible new series? Or is that too optimistic

Untitled%20(1)
joined Aug 24, 2016

Well, this was.....something.

Untitled%20(1)
joined Aug 24, 2016

I was worried that this was heading in a cliche drag-out-the-confession-aaaaagnst direction, but after this chapter, it seems like it might actually be doing something different. But they're probably going to drag things out still to build the relationship up more.

Untitled%20(1)
joined Aug 24, 2016

Gone too soon

Untitled%20(1)
joined Aug 24, 2016

She’ll be back to normal by the end

gork5
Senpai-Ai discussion 20 Mar 21:32
Untitled%20(1)
joined Aug 24, 2016

This is completely adorable but where does the harem part come in?

Untitled%20(1)
joined Aug 24, 2016

I think this just confirmed the poly end

Untitled%20(1)
joined Aug 24, 2016

Oh boy