Forum › There Is No Love Wishing Upon a Star discussion

joined Jan 11, 2022

I really appreciate the scanlation team, I am super interested in this manga so thank you for bringing it to us!

I really feel like a lot of people who comment on this website do not take into consideration the age of the characters being depicted, oh well. Anyway I think Eri is very selfish, I guess I haven't seen any really redeeming qualities in her (or none have been shown so far) besides the fact that the fact that she's the MCs childhood best friend.

joined Feb 20, 2023

Can I ask if "buding" is meant to be something like "pudding"?

Yeah it's "pudding" in chinese haha, I didn't know what nick to go with so I picked something that a game friend called me by long ago.

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

Lmao they’re both so funny. I mean I get it, I think they’re both making reasonable decisions. Are they the right decisions? Probably not. I mean eri was very forward and honest about her feelings towards kouhei and he is just as much a part of the relationship. It seems to me however that she doesn’t even know she’s in love with fuyuki, I mean all she’s thinking about is how uncomfortable it is with him and how she’d pretty much prefer to do those things with her, she even wants to get more into the relationship so fuyuki will come back.

That last panel could also be a sign that she just thought fuyuki wasn’t into her/girls tho or she’s just uncomfortable with fuyuki dating someone

Yuri_book_club
joined May 11, 2023

Really good and interesting story! But I am confused by the logic Eri is using here. Why does she think Fuyuki will be closer to her if she is in a relationship, or that it will mean that she will never leave her? Normally it would be the other way around. You spend more time with your boyfriend and less with your friend. I do of course get that Eri is either in love with Fuyuki, or just unhealthy attached to her, but still.

I read the other stories of the same author, and she strikes me as a maverick. So I hope she will give us some surprises here. It would be really interesting if Fuyuki moved on, and probably healthier.

joined Dec 7, 2019

Really good and interesting story! But I am confused by the logic Eri is using here. Why does she think Fuyuki will be closer to her if she is in a relationship, or that it will mean that she will never leave her? Normally it would be the other way around. You spend more time with your boyfriend and less with your friend. I do of course get that Eri is either in love with Fuyuki, or just unhealthy attached to her, but still.

I read the other stories of the same author, and she strikes me as a maverick. So I hope she will give us some surprises here. It would be really interesting if Fuyuki moved on, and probably healthier.

I think Eri's logic is somewhere along the lines of "Fuyuki isn't spending as much time with me because shes being considerate of me and kouhei, and therefore is giving us both more time alone to better our relationship." So if Eri reassures that her relationship is perfectly fine n dandy then Fuyuki won't feel the need to give her space. But clearly it backfired because that wasnt the only reason Fuyuki is staying away. And I really really want Fuyuki to eventually move on and get into a healthy and loving relationship. Girls been going through it.

last edited at Jul 10, 2023 3:57PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

I think Fuyuki and Eri would be a fine relationship if they confessed.

Eri herself just said she falls in love with people who say they're in love with her. Imagine if Fuyuki, someone Eri is already bonded to, had ever stepped up.

(Of course, it would be possible that Eri is Just That Straight sexually, or homophobic, or otherwise incompatible in some key way. But still..)

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

Bro, I love this, I mean, it destroys me but I love it, murasakino the goat, the reincarnation of Nakatani sensei

Alan%20pequeno
joined Jun 20, 2022

I'm in love with Kurokawa, best girl fr and I hope she doesn't get too hurt by Fuyuki's unrequited love. And this sudden coming out too, damn I just wish it wasn't over the phone so they could see each other's faces lol. Eagerly waiting for the next chapters, thanks so much tl team <3
This manga is already so damn good, waaaaaaaaay better than that certain other aangst manga being posted here lol (looking at you kanalina sensei)

murasakino the goat, the reincarnation of Nakatani sensei

they really are one of the best, I'm reading everything being put out by Murasakino and I hope they get to make more full series

7c3371fc-1218-42e3-9009-8520d7f626fa
joined Sep 15, 2020

Here’s the thing though, even if Eri was to go through the whole process of realizing she was in love with Fuyuki, I don’t really think that it’d be enough. I can see this ending up like Ibis (?) in which Eri has to learn to love Kyouhei through and through or just break up with him but either way Fuyuki will move on and possibly be with her senpai and she has to face that she was just to late by the time she ever took that step forward towards Fuyuki.

I can see Eri’s reaction in three different ways: 1. she act all aloof and supportive as a way to try to get them to go on a double date to convince Fuyuki to spend time with her again; 2. Eri distances herself because she has to go through the realization that perhaps her relationship with Kyouhei gave the space for Fuyuki to find someone else; or 3. She’d be angry and outwardly jealous about it which also causes a rift in their friendship

I’d rather see this story about moving on from a static relationship/love in which two people who could never get each other to act on their feelings rather than two childhood friends getting together after all this years. I just see this as a story of too little too late.

last edited at Jul 27, 2023 8:22AM

joined Aug 15, 2023

The thing is; I believe that Eri was the one getting married (shown in the first chapter) and they're just narrating what happened between the three of them in the past. If that's Eri, I'm fully convinced that she's not marrying Fuyuki (as Fuyuki wasn't seen in that timeline YET) and Eri probably met some other dude as she grew older, hence she decided to settle down. As we all know by now, Eri's the type to just go along with whoever (mostly dudes though, so Fuyuki's probably out of it unless we see some development).

My point is that regardless of what happened between the three of them in the past (especially between Fuyuki and Eri), it's not Fuyuki she's marrying in the present (which is likely). These are just representations of how complicated their relationship was.

Eri's the person who will most likely end up marrying a man than Fuyuki. If that's truly Eri, then we'll get to see what happened to her relationship with Fuyuki before she gets married.

If by any chance a miracle happens between the two of them and they both decide to pursue each other, then maybe there's a chance. But so far, we aren't seeing any of that.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

Okay so this chapter gives us a lot of new information. And makes Eri's actions a lot more understandable thoigh also a lot more clearly unhealthy haha.

I do wonder though, is Fuyuki trying to be friends with Eri forever as per their promise. Or is she trying to get Eri to break put of her shell of acceptable demeanors so she can be go back to being the willfull Eri she once used to be before she got bullied into shrinking back.

last edited at Sep 13, 2023 7:26AM

joined Oct 14, 2020

I dislike Eri so much. Funnily enough all this is only making me feel bad for the Senpai and Kyou, not Fuyuki or Eri. Can you imagine going on a date with someone and they spend the entire time talking about someone else?

joined Mar 19, 2019

I dislike Eri so much. Funnily enough all this is only making me feel bad for the Senpai and Kyou, not Fuyuki or Eri. Can you imagine going on a date with someone and they spend the entire time talking about someone else?

I don't feel bad. I mean she knew Fuyuki has feelings for Eri yet still took her on a date, that's on her really

joined May 9, 2017

I don't feel bad. I mean she knew Fuyuki has feelings for Eri yet still took her on a date, that's on her really

Really? You can be aware of someone's feeling for another person and still ask them out. That doesn't mean they have to rub it into your face, especially on a date...

I did feel bad for the senpai as well. I wouldn't go as far as saying that I dislike both main characters though, but they sure are selfish and living in their own bubble where they can only see each other...

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Really? You can be aware of someone's feeling for another person and still ask them out. That doesn't mean they have to rub it into your face, especially on a date...

I did feel bad for the senpai as well. I wouldn't go as far as saying that I dislike both main characters though, but they sure are selfish and living in their own bubble where they can only see each other...

I feel bad for Kyou for sure, but I'm pretty sure senpai doesn't actually have feelings for Fuyuki, so in my opinion, she kinda knew what she was getting into (especially because she's known about this since high school).

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Lovely chapter. A different variation of the "I can't change our friendship" dilemma. I like the way it's been implemented here. A lot of subtly and emotionality. Everyone is struggling with different demons but are still fundamentally good people. Sometimes good people clash. Really nice touches.

Eri is clearly uncomfortable with Fuyuki's "romance," but she's just not there yet. Fuyuki, for her part, has always been honest with senpai and chose to be even more honest this chapter. She laid everything out, even parts of her past that weren't necessary to share and she made it clear what this relationship is. Senpai already knew that though, so they're consenting to whatever they are for now. It's unclear whether senpai even genuinely likes her, since she also discussed the nature of this relationship in previous chapters. She has her own person she's been hung up on. This chapter more than anything, showed why Fuyuki and Senpai could get along so well in the past: they both can commiserate with one another and share with one another so well.

I still see Eri and Fuyuki getting together at the end. Unless both of them suddenly see worth in their current relationships, they're both putting themselves in unhappy positions in misguided attempts to help other people (mainly each other). And seeing as they're good people, I don't think the author wants to "punish" them by leaving them in unwanted relationships. Kyou is nice but I think he's unfortunately mixed up in the web of complicated feelings of Eri as she slowly better understands herself. A lot of that is just unconscious and Eri clearly doesn't mean to hurt him. This seems like a coming of age, in it's real world complex variety. But we'll see.

last edited at Sep 13, 2023 7:27AM

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

Wait isn't this that fabled toxic codependent doomed yuri the zoomer himejoshi keep talking about

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

What kind of bff premium plan bs is this?? Lol

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

re: the afterword--I like Murasakino's work a lot, but I'm not sure "joy" is the exact description of the feeling their work gives me.

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

This really gave a lot of important context. Also, I am depressed now, thank you Murasakino-sensei.

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

Fuck I finally started reading this and this one rlly Pulls at the heart strings

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

First time I've seen the "carved scribbles on the desk bullying" trope used in the context of bullying an (alleged) homophobe. (Can't really tell if that's supposed to be a good or bad thing, but the fact that it's a thing at all intrigues me.)

last edited at Sep 13, 2023 9:52AM

joined Oct 10, 2016

I dislike everyone here. I don't think I'll be picking up second volume if it ever happens. The "people don't talk honestly with each other and instead resort to lies" trope makes me angry.

joined Oct 14, 2020

I don't dislike Fuyuki, I simply don't feel as bad for her as the story wants me to. Eri is the one I can't stand.

142220480_1294910914226700_370792848566403998_n%20(2)
joined Feb 3, 2021

Lovely chapter. A different variation of the "I can't change our friendship" dilemma. I like the way it's been implemented here. A lot of subtly and emotionality. Everyone is struggling with different demons but are still fundamentally good people. Sometimes good people clash. Really nice touches.

Eri is clearly uncomfortable with Fuyuki's "romance," but she's just not there yet. Fuyuki, for her part, has always been honest with senpai and chose to be even more honest this chapter. She laid everything out, even parts of her past that weren't necessary to share and she made it clear what this relationship is. Senpai already knew that though, so they're consenting to whatever they are for now. It's unclear whether senpai even genuinely likes her, since she also discussed the nature of this relationship in previous chapters. She has her own person she's been hung up on. This chapter more than anything, showed why Fuyuki and Senpai could get along so well in the past: they both can commiserate with one another and share with one another so well.

I still see Eri and Fuyuki getting together at the end. Unless both of them suddenly see worth in their current relationships, they're both putting themselves in unhappy positions in misguided attempts to help other people (mainly each other). And seeing as they're good people, I don't think the author wants to "punish" them by leaving them in unwanted relationships. Kyou is nice but I think he's unfortunately mixed up in the web of complicated feelings of Eri as she slowly better understands herself. A lot of that is just unconscious and Eri clearly doesn't mean to hurt him. This seems like a coming of age, in it's real world complex variety. But we'll see.

Well put

To reply you must either login or sign up.