Forum › Liar Satsuki Can See Death discussion

joined Aug 15, 2021

I want the class prez died cause he doesn't seems someone can be corrected. His mind is too messed up.

joined Jun 11, 2016

I want the class prez died cause he doesn't seems someone can be corrected. His mind is too messed up.

the vice prez has to go too. If the prez dies alone, pretty sure that chick would go nuts and try to complete what he failed.

CindertailtheKistune
Tumblr_830a85052a1b34481fa368bf50ca9fc5_de74d4e4_500
joined Oct 19, 2021

Mngh . . . . why didn't anybody give Seo a pair of scissors?
I mean, it probably wouldn't do great against an extension cord, but at least she could've done something more to save herself . . . . especially since it was actually her tie.

joined Sep 16, 2014

At first I'm thinking which one is 'more right' between President and Satsuki:

Satsuki: I'm going to save them with the best of my ability because it's the right thing to do
President: There's a death count. if someone needs to die in the first place, why not someone who deserves it?

Then I thought, why is there a 'death count' at all? where did it come from? does it center itself only within a certain place- the school, or japan? how do you even 'count' it? Why can't they just orchestrate someone from outside the school to die? There are murderers, rapists and abusers out there who actually deserve it, why don't they branch out their plans?

This is just my theory, but i think the 'death count' (not aptly named since i don't know what else to call it) is something similar to 'Walk to Death'.

is it Komachi? She's the first girl to die in chapter one. and the author seems to be putting a lot of foreshadowing(?) on her. I don't think so. She may be first girl, but Satsuki has long had her reputation even before chapter one. So she must have saved several people beforehand. The long and short of it is that every victim of the 'death count' seems to be connected with each other- acquaintances, friends, or work closely with one another. Most have worked together in the student council, clubs, been in the same friend groups, or in the same class, etc.

To me, it all boils down to one person, or one reason why the deaths have been happening at all- the president. His rationalizations have become increasingly... irrational. I think what's coming out of his mouth are not his true reasons. I think he's doing most of this out of heavy guilt. guilt of not protecting his friend sooner. guilt of not having the courage to do sooner what he had inevitably done in the end after all. His actions to this day feels like he's protecting someone. And i think it's the vice president that needed to die in the first place- she is the root of the 'death count'. it had spread to the others like a disease when she didn't die.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

At this point they could probably call the police on prez.

tsukemonogatari
E7970c69-edd3-4544-8de9-6a20ca0f7573
joined Aug 29, 2020

Prez should’ve popped a quick H on that box so everyone would know what’s inside

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

So, Seo is conspiring with Komachi to blow up her classroom, while at the same time the Prez is trying to kill her off before that happens, so Satsuki is too distracted to save her, so she cannot be there in time to save her class? I realize that the Japanese high school is the most interesting and intense place in the entire world (Manga-land), but this is some spy novel-level of gambit pileup...

On the bright side, it warmed my heart to see Satsuki use the proper firefighter door breach technique. Never smash doors with your shoulders, people, or you'll break your collar bone. Human legs are capable of applying much more force and are a lot more durable.

Mngh . . . . why didn't anybody give Seo a pair of scissors?
I mean, it probably wouldn't do great against an extension cord, but at least she could've done something more to save herself . . . . especially since it was actually her tie.

Maybe they did not want to place another potential hazard near her? There is a reason people are told not to run with scissors.

At this point they could probably call the police on prez.

It will be three witnesses against two, without any video evidence. Would be tough, but manageable if the teacher backs them up. On the downside, I think they are going to have a lot more trouble with the exploding classroom than with the Prez at the moment, giving him just enough time to clean up any remaining evidence.

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

an actual superhero...

Edit: I'm also pretty sure Seo contacted Komachi to ask her to sacrifice herself to stop the explosion or something, given Komachi's absolute lack of attachment to living. Idk, I just don't think Komachi would go along with a request to blow up the classroom if there were any conflicting requests whatsoever. And Seo definitely doesn't want to literally kill everyone in the classroom. A bad person? Maybe, but not "I will literally blow up my classroom" levels. She's probably caught on to Komachi's behavior again by now and figures that this is the best solution.

last edited at Aug 11, 2023 5:49AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Edit: I'm also pretty sure Seo contacted Komachi to ask her to sacrifice herself to stop the explosion or something, given Komachi's absolute lack of attachment to living. Idk, I just don't think Komachi would go along with a request to blow up the classroom if there were any conflicting requests whatsoever. And Seo definitely doesn't want to literally kill everyone in the classroom. A bad person? Maybe, but not "I will literally blow up my classroom" levels. She's probably caught on to Komachi's behavior again by now and figures that this is the best solution.

It would help to know whether Satsuki has visited the classroom after Seo and Komachi's dialogue: if your theory is correct, she would only see Komachi's corpse instead of everyone else's.

joined Oct 14, 2014

She does visit a classroom, but there aren't any corpses in it in the panel.
There is dialogue that implies she went to the classroom the next day, though.
I forgot about that detail LOL but what I said was mostly a rebuttal to the idea that Seo and Komachi are gonna cause the explosion, which sounds honestly ridiculous, unless they're trying to kill themselves dramatically.

20230811_115727_adobe_express
joined Sep 21, 2019

WHY ISNT THE NEXT BUTTON WORKING AAAAAAAAAAA

joined Aug 15, 2021

I dont care how, someone or something please kill class prezz and that stupid follower of his. Please make their death as the accidental ones.

joined Apr 10, 2023

I would predict that scene with Komachi, the "secret meeting," is meant to look sinister but will turn out to not be. I really do believe Seo's a good person now.

joined Oct 14, 2014

Wait how is Mr. Kaichou manipulating the deaths? He'd have to know the cause of death to change the target, and there's no way he's as much of a meganerd as Satsuki.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Did I miss something? How did Satsuki overcome the Wasp sting? Was it just sheer strength of will?

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Did I miss something? How did Satsuki overcome the Wasp sting? Was it just sheer strength of will?

I don't recall if class rep Seo had asthma or anything but one possibility is an inhaler for that. Beta-agonists and antihistamins would help Satsuki counteract any difficulty to breathe somewhat.

and some inhalers even have epinephrine in them, presumably working the same way as an epinephrine injector in a case of anaphylactic shock (though probably not as well)

Fvwhfw_xoaawl_w
joined Feb 16, 2016

Wait how is Mr. Kaichou manipulating the deaths? He'd have to know the cause of death to change the target, and there's no way he's as much of a meganerd as Satsuki.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/liar_satsuki_can_see_death_ch54#7

He finds dangerous things, has a specific cause of death in mind, and then rearranges things until he sees a corpse

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I was wondering when this would show up here—one of my current favorites.

It’s a little light on the romance, at least at present, but I find it to be consistently enjoyable.

And don’t let all the dark horror/violence tags put you off—they’re quite accurate, but the overall tone is rather lighter and there’s more comedy than those labels might suggest.

I've just read the first four chapters and I'm wondering where the light hearted comedy is

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

I was wondering when this would show up here—one of my current favorites.

It’s a little light on the romance, at least at present, but I find it to be consistently enjoyable.

And don’t let all the dark horror/violence tags put you off—they’re quite accurate, but the overall tone is rather lighter and there’s more comedy than those labels might suggest.

I've just read the first four chapters and I'm wondering where the light hearted comedy is

The comedy picks up as Satsuki befriends more people, though it's still fairly dark and there's a good amount of drama about.

joined Apr 10, 2023

I just realized, the way the student council president stages deaths is very similar to the way Tokiko staged her father's death in the author's previous manga, Walk In Death (although she didn't have any sort of supernatural vision to guide it). If there really is any sort of external force causing additional fated deaths it's probably tied to him, not Satsuki or anyone she's saved.

last edited at Aug 15, 2023 4:18AM

ZeroTheYuriLover
Screenshot_183-min
joined Jan 2, 2022

honestly i thought the class pres being a murderer would of improved the story but it ends up ruining the entire story cuz it just makes everything worse and also it stop focusing on what makes the story great which is figuring out how the person will die and preventing it, class pres just makes no sense since yeah some people do deserve to die like pedos and shit but he is going after a school bully who may be a fucking horrible person but she can still improve and he barely tries to stop her and telling her ''dont do it again or you'll be in trouble'' isnt trying to help her to improve its relying on the person to fix themselves which doesnt work since they dont know they are bad and also the fact no one believes her is also stupid because of the first death she prevents since theres not a single world where people hear this crazy girl go off about someones death and how they were gonna die and save their lives and not think she might be onto something and i feel like the series would be better if it was episodic instead of streamlined or something like tv shows were some things carry over like her friends but her saving a bunch of people doesnt so it still makes sense for people to be suspicous

ZeroTheYuriLover
Screenshot_183-min
joined Jan 2, 2022

I ended up dropping the series at chapter 58 because I wasnt enjoying it for a while

joined Aug 10, 2014

I doubt this is the end of the prez, I am not sure the story is strong enough as it is to continue without a clear antagonist. I doubt Seo won't be put in a bus at the end of this, and the vice president cannot really do much besides going full serial killer on them.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

damn Seo really pulled an uno reverse card on 'em didn't she

that heel-face-heel turn she went through might've not been the most original way to go about it but i do think it fits well with the story overall. we're not sure whether her plan to do this stemmed all the way back from her pre- (fake-?) amnesia shittiness, or is more of a despair event horizon after being continuously targeted for murder despite trying her best to be a good person.

the former would make the betrayal sting more bc "she was playing them the whole time" whereas the latter would sting more bc "she tried so hard and could've truly changed if prez didn't self-fulfill his prophecy and made her snap in the end". Either way it's gonna hurt :,)

And it's easy to say prez had it coming for this but i do hope he survives. Rather he learns something from this whole thing than validating his philosophy retroactively by dying a death he at the very least indirectly provoked and drive Satsuki further into despair.

joined Jun 3, 2014

Chapter 70 spoilers since it's not here yet

Bye Prez, I never liked you I hope you stay dead.

And um, Seo is just going to jail after this huh. Like she can't just get away with murder right????

last edited at Sep 23, 2023 2:59AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.