Forum › Posts by antigo

joined Sep 16, 2014

At first I'm thinking which one is 'more right' between President and Satsuki:

Satsuki: I'm going to save them with the best of my ability because it's the right thing to do
President: There's a death count. if someone needs to die in the first place, why not someone who deserves it?

Then I thought, why is there a 'death count' at all? where did it come from? does it center itself only within a certain place- the school, or japan? how do you even 'count' it? Why can't they just orchestrate someone from outside the school to die? There are murderers, rapists and abusers out there who actually deserve it, why don't they branch out their plans?

This is just my theory, but i think the 'death count' (not aptly named since i don't know what else to call it) is something similar to 'Walk to Death'.

is it Komachi? She's the first girl to die in chapter one. and the author seems to be putting a lot of foreshadowing(?) on her. I don't think so. She may be first girl, but Satsuki has long had her reputation even before chapter one. So she must have saved several people beforehand. The long and short of it is that every victim of the 'death count' seems to be connected with each other- acquaintances, friends, or work closely with one another. Most have worked together in the student council, clubs, been in the same friend groups, or in the same class, etc.

To me, it all boils down to one person, or one reason why the deaths have been happening at all- the president. His rationalizations have become increasingly... irrational. I think what's coming out of his mouth are not his true reasons. I think he's doing most of this out of heavy guilt. guilt of not protecting his friend sooner. guilt of not having the courage to do sooner what he had inevitably done in the end after all. His actions to this day feels like he's protecting someone. And i think it's the vice president that needed to die in the first place- she is the root of the 'death count'. it had spread to the others like a disease when she didn't die.

antigo
joined Sep 16, 2014

yuri with 'ara ara' characters. any form of media will do. i am starved for these characters taking the spotlight. they're almost always side characters and it makes me :(

antigo
joined Sep 16, 2014

So she finally admits, that she loves that chicc thicc alabama jezabel?!

Now go eat already!!!!

No. The translation is completely wrong.

yeah, i was also curious about that since i don't think it's something honoka would say (at this point in their relationship at least).
Anyway i searched the raw and google translated it and is the translation supposed to go:

"That Eli will absolutely love this!"

I'm only working on context clues here and my knowledge of mandarin. someone correct me if im wrong.

joined Sep 16, 2014

The school might be a yuri fest but honestly, Yoshioka's just a lesbian

antigo
joined Sep 16, 2014

That's kinda the relationship between Yui and Chinatsu in Yuru Yuri.

Oh yeah that kinda fits. But also i think yui kinda knows but chooses to ignore it.

Perhaps what im looking for is sorta an "ara ara" type of yandere lite? I dont even know what i mean, lol.

Any sort of recs would be appreciated ^_^

antigo
joined Sep 16, 2014

Ah codependency at its finest.

This is exactly how i imagine a realistic depiction of nicomaki relationship. Nico's too proud, and she shows glimpses of insecurity in the anime regarding maki's wealth.

I do also imagine a hopeful and a sorta happy future for them. Nico moving on/letting go of her dreams to become a superidol. Nico finding a source of income for herself, not being dependent on maki. Perhaps she can still work with idols as a manger/producer. Through a career, she can build back her confidence in herself. This then gradually leads to maki not feeling the need to coddle/overcompensate for everything.

On a side note, authors and artists seem to always portray nico not succeeding in her dreams. Even in the more lighthearted stories. Poor nico.

antigo
joined Sep 16, 2014

Man, I kinda dislike the roommate. I dunno, her whole arc seems really unnecessary. When she was first introduced, I though I was gonna like her since she's got that kuudere vibe going. And I thought she and kase'd be good friends. Instead, she's just one of the many girls that have a cruah on kase- and I don't hate her for that- but she was also kinda a bitch to yamada which honestly, really came out of nowhere.

antigo
joined Sep 16, 2014

Any really abstract yuri mangas? Something like the philosophy or introspective tag. Something like to die in June.

Dowman Sayman
Tsukumizu

^their works are almost always something philosophical or depressing. Also, I highly recommend Girl's last tour, it's on mangadex.

Goodbye Heaven

Two by this side, Three by the other side

^touhou doujin. There's a handful of touhou dj artists that write about the lore and immortality so well. So if you're interested, take some time in browsing the touhou tag

antigo
Image Comments 19 Mar 23:59
joined Sep 16, 2014
Hug

*Umi in the process of writing Storm in Lover

antigo
Image Comments 19 Mar 23:55
joined Sep 16, 2014
Eo31-8zu0aiij_n

^^^she actually would. Because at one point, they almost got caught by their children

antigo
Image Comments 19 Mar 23:48
joined Sep 16, 2014
Nsf

Yay! Weiss in a weiss-coat! I miss kuma's white rose so much T_T
Thanks for uploading.

joined Sep 16, 2014

Ah poly. Can't say I wasn't expecting that from the start.
It's nice and cute but I was kinda hoping for an ace mc since it'd be pretty ironic. 'Cupid' being ace and all but also playing matchmaker. Kinda like that guy from bloom into you.

antigo
joined Sep 16, 2014

I'm glad it's finally here. When I first read this, i really loved this scene. It really captured the 'psychological' part of the LN. It's such a shame the anime ep 1 didn't do it justice.

antigo
joined Sep 16, 2014

So I'm gonna ask for two kinds of recs:
-your favorite dj of your OTP
-anything with good yearning/longing

Thanks in advance!

antigo
Semelparous discussion 22 Apr 02:33
joined Sep 16, 2014

I can understand why the author made the change though. It gives a much more serious air (for the characters at least) compared to the oneshot.

antigo
joined Sep 16, 2014

@TB
Thanks for the recs. I'm especially looking forward to the touhou dj. It looks interesting.

antigo
joined Sep 16, 2014

@BV
Thanks for the rec. And yeah, I've read almost every madomagi dj while mixing and matching a lot of different pairings. Most of the fancontent of the series seems to follow the quality of canon content imo.

antigo
joined Sep 16, 2014

Yuri doujinshi with good stories?
I feel like I'm missing out on a lot of good manga just because they're dj. Any series or pairings will do as long as it's good.

antigo
joined Sep 16, 2014

Does anyone have good polyamory yuri recommendations?

The Infirmary by Tatakai no Kiseki
Or better yet just browse the Mari x Kanan x Dia tag. Best poly ship imo.

antigo
joined Sep 16, 2014

^^Thanks! I didn't know about the chart. Maybe this time I could keep up while reading.

last edited at Jan 18, 2020 11:02AM

antigo
joined Sep 16, 2014

AnoKiss/A Kiss and White Lily for my Dearest Girl, the main characters have an incredibly similar relationship to the main characters in Comprehensive Tovarisch, except it actually gets played into more and held onto for longer (in CT, it gets kinda dropped halfway through the first volume, I feel like). Overall, AnoKiss's feel is quite similar to CT, though less humor and more romance. I've called CT AnoKiss-lite before, so if you enjoyed it, I would recommend that.

As for other things and oneshots, it's pretty common in sports mangas, I'm gonna go search some out then come back and make another comment.

Oh yeah, thanks for remindimg me of AnoKiss. Imma reread it rn. And yeah, I think it's bc CT kinda got forced to end quickly or something. Or at least that's what I assume when the ending seemed rushed. The bonus chaps kinda compensated for it so I was still satisfied with the end. As for AnoKiss, I remember getting confused and mixed up by the amount of characters/couples that gets introduced every other chapter. But overall the MCs are by far the best couple of that series.

antigo
joined Sep 16, 2014

Any good yuri rivalry?
Not in love though, more specifically in their field of interest. Like sports, studies, or work. I can only recall comprehensive tovarisch at the top of my head so any other recs would be much appreciated

antigo
joined Sep 16, 2014

Does Sekai de Ichiban Oppai ga Suki! count as refreshing? Certainly an unique way to do romance, at least.

I decided to fake a marriage with my junior (♀️) to shut my parents up

Hana Ni Arashi - it's not often a longer story starts with an existing couple, and this one certainly stands out among those.

Thanks! I've been meaning to read hana ni arashi, guess ill start now.

antigo
joined Sep 16, 2014

Any recommendation on something "refreshing"?
For example, a refreshing take on incest like mocchi's 'met my sister on a dating site". Or 'Even though we're adults' which is a fresh take on cheating.
Preferably something not too sad.

Refreshing take on delinquent romance
https://dynasty-scans.com/series/out_of_the_blue

Refreshing take on dork yuri
https://dynasty-scans.com/anthologies/nana_yuri

Refreshing take on guro yuri
https://dynasty-scans.com/series/the_bizarre_pair

Refreshing take on incomprehensible nonsense
https://dynasty-scans.com/series/shimeji_simulation
https://dynasty-scans.com/series/terumina
https://dynasty-scans.com/series/banbandoridori

Thank you! Imma read some of them now.

antigo
joined Sep 16, 2014

Any recommendation on something "refreshing"?
For example, a refreshing take on incest like mocchi's 'met my sister on a dating site". Or 'Even though we're adults' which is a fresh take on cheating.
Preferably something not too sad.