Forum › The Balloon Vine Still Dreams of Flying Free discussion

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

That felt... strange. It feels like we're getting a peek inside the cracks of a relationship, without getting to see any sort of resolution by the end, even if the ending sounded hopeful somehow

Sasasasasaas
joined Aug 31, 2020

Is it just me or I can't see the tags for this one shot?

Madoromicloseup
joined Mar 6, 2018

^ There are no tags currently.

Edit: And now there are!

last edited at Sep 7, 2023 3:06AM

Kozakuramin%20copy%20(phone)
joined Jul 6, 2018

Yodokawa never disappoints

Img_20220602_141642-min%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)
joined Feb 5, 2020

That felt... strange. It feels like we're getting a peek inside the cracks of a relationship, without getting to see any sort of resolution by the end, even if the ending sounded hopeful somehow

People and relationships aren't always perfect. Even when there are cracks glaring straight at you, the resolution in this manga is an acknowledgement of Mei's faults and a reaffirmation of mutual love. It's the first step to a healthier relationship. Mei definitely needs to make it up to Yuiko with a bit more effort, but they do love each other a whole lot and are aware of it. The foundation's already strong so it's not that much of a stretch to think that they'll work it out somehow, but alas, we'll never know. Oneshots truly are such cruel pleasures.

Sono.hanabira.ni.kuchizuke.o.-.atelier.no.koibito-tachi.full.1462399_avartar
joined May 28, 2015

Wow, it's like washing a hetero couple. One doing every work at home and taking care of the other and their relationship, and the other assuming that all she gets is a given and says "I love you" every three months. Yuiko deserves better.

joined May 29, 2021

I’m gonna be honest I was sure they actually were a couple and not roommates until the ending. I thought this was going to be a “falling in love” story not an “steady dating” story.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

This reminds me a lot of Kou and Rin from new game, the impossibly dense artist and her long suffering but still hoping love interest. Right down to Rin giving her every sign in the world that she wants more and Kou missing them all :P

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Lovely. ^_^

Fox_paw_tribal
joined Feb 25, 2013

I don't really see this relationship lasting, or at least being healthy, until Mei gets her shit together and contributes more.

_warningm_edited
joined Jan 15, 2021

To me this one kinda felt almost real, mainly since we never got to see the beginning or the end, like real life. We only got to see the fraction of their lives without any backstory or details just like real life

joined Mar 19, 2020

Wait are they supposed to be together?? I thought they were just roommates where one is in love and the other is oblivious/not quite there yet???

Images
joined Apr 7, 2021

Wow, it's like washing a hetero couple. One doing every work at home and taking care of the other and their relationship, and the other assuming that all she gets is a given and says "I love you" every three months. Yuiko deserves better.

Exactly my thoughts

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

Wouldn't be a dynasty scans forum page without casual bigotry of some kind.

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Confused about the worry in the comments. Just because they have some "difficulties" doesn't mean they're breaking up or having issues. It's exaggerating to even describe what she mentioned as "difficulties." They accept each others (minor) faults and love each other despite them. It's just real.

Otherwise, this was a nice, wholesome and calm look into their lives. Seems like she's a little superstitious and is also hopeful for their own future. Sensed a bit of envy when she saw someone else in a dress as well. Must have been what made her start to dislike having to pretend by modeling in the dresses she wants to wear for real. She's essentially been giving out "I want to be married" signs that her other half has not picked up yet lol. It's cute.They clearly love each other very much and it's awesome that they can be so open with each other with little issue after. I see her SO making the perfect dress for their union in the future.

last edited at Sep 8, 2023 6:54AM

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

I think sites like reddit have tricked people into thinking that relationships have to be perfect or you have to break off all contact and never talk to the other person again.
Relationships can be messy, but still loving and long-lasting. Something I think everyone should also keep in mind is that not every relationship needs to be improved. Sometimes the pursuit of improvement can place incredible strain on a relationship that it can't handle.
It's easy to see cracks from the outside, but you'll never know how happy people truly are from the inside.

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

I think sites like reddit have tricked people into thinking that relationships have to be perfect or you have to break off all contact and never talk to the other person again.
Relationships can be messy, but still loving and long-lasting. Something I think everyone should also keep in mind is that not every relationship needs to be improved. Sometimes the pursuit of improvement can place incredible strain on a relationship that it can't handle.
It's easy to see cracks from the outside, but you'll never know how happy people truly are from the inside.

Those relationship advice threads are basically: any issues, no matter how slight? You need to break up, you're dating the devil!

It's crazy sometimes lol but considering some reactions, I guess not surprising. We went from sticking to marriages and partnerships for too long and through too much, to dropping relationships at the slightest drop of a pin.

last edited at Sep 8, 2023 6:57AM

Fzvftbrxoaepy3r%20copy
joined Feb 20, 2022

Nice art but kind of odd, it does feel like something was missing! I feel like I only know what Yuiko dislikes about Mei, not what she likes about her, which makes it feel like she's just staying in the relationship because she's hoping Mei will change, which isn't a very good place to be. That would make for an interesting story, but then it just ends without exploring that. So it ends up feeling unfinished.

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

Oh no, won't someone think of the poor straight people lmfao

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

Oh no, won't someone think of the poor straight people lmfao

It's ok to make generalizations about people based on their sexuality, as long as it's the right kind of people! /s

last edited at Sep 8, 2023 1:09AM

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

I thought this would be a cute story but it just pissed me off. Mei is so useless as a human. Yuiko is so lovely tho she should leave her ass.

last edited at Sep 8, 2023 4:41PM

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

I really loved the art style, and even with the rocky elements of their relationship it felt cozy and intimate to me.

Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

Yay, more Yodokawa!

I also thought this was charming, and a more realistic depiction of how a relationship can look.

I'm amused at these hyperbolic takes about how they should break up, or how Mei is a horrible person, because she's absent minded and a little messy.

Some people just are that way. It'd mean pretty much anybody with ADHD is a horrible person by default.

You can be kind of a mess, and still have plenty of good qualities.
Also remember that they're just roommates (lol). That makes her a bad roommate, not a bad girlfriend. Pretty significant distinction in my eyes.

Also, Yuiko should really communicate her actual feelings better. Come on, bud.

joined Apr 10, 2021

Those relationship advice threads are basically: any issues, no matter how slight? You need to break up, you're dating the devil!

I thought this would be a cute story but it just pissed me off. Mei is so useless as a human. Yuiko is so lovely tho she should leave her ass.

snrk

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

Wait up! They're simply roommates, right? Yuiko's in love with Mei, while the latter is tooooo dense to notice it. That was why Mei thought Yuiko might simply be doing some kind of training for when she gets married to some one else (not her) in the future. Anyway, that's some really nice art.

To reply you must either login or sign up.