Forum › I See You, Aizawa-san! discussion

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

Is Aizawa just wanting Michi and Kasumi to be friends or is all the flowery background and that face meaning she's shipping them?

I think she's like 50% shipping 50% *friends*ing them. There were a few times in which Aizawa acted like a massive shipper.

Oh shit I somehow missed a chapter, I'll reorganize and rewrite my thoughts after reading it as well.

Right, so some things still stand. I did not expect Max Cha Honda (which by the way that devil outfit was adorable), I did not expect the incredibly blunt, no two-ways-about-it confirmation that Senpai can see and interact with Aizawa, and absolutely did not expect her to be this comically clueless. I'm loving it.

But I also desperately need someone, preferably Michi, to enlighten her that she can fucking see the fucking dead.

I get why Kasumi is doing what she's doing, especially considering Michi actually was avoiding her, kinda made me feel bad for her, poor girl. I'm especially hoping that she learns about the real reason she was avoiding her, I'm dying to know how she'd react. I'm also interested in where actually she stands in terms of feelings and such. It goes without saying that Senpai cares about Kasumi a hell of a lot, but I'm wondering whether it is romantic or not. And from Kasumi's side, it was implied before that she was into her senpai, and practically confirmed in this chapter, and it was very much implied that she is attached or attracted to Michi in a similar manner that she is to her senpai, might she have "moved on" for lack of a better term? This is operating under the assumption that the series goes full yuri, though, so it might also go nowhere. Look I just ship Michi and Kasumi real bad, okay? This reminds me that Kasumi mentioned she has interacted with Michi before the story began, I'm really curious to see what went down and why Michi doesn't seem to remember it.

I'm also hoping that Michi witnessing Aizawa being seen and still remaining herself will push her to start interacting with her as well.

And also Senpai mentioning the marks being ubiquitous is hugely intriguing. As well as insanely amusing with how nonchalantly she did so.

Many of my points seem to boil down to - this is really amusing and really interesting and I hope to see a lot more of this and learn of the whats and whys and hows of it all. So yeah.

last edited at Jun 14, 2023 9:23AM

Cut%20out%20avater
joined May 25, 2023

she just like me fr

25807f2f-52d2-4bcf-84a8-46471290408c
joined May 3, 2022

I’m with Michi on the shocker boat. Senpai could not only see but also TOUCH?? She just grabbed Aizawa like she was catching a running cat. AND AIZAWA IS FINE WITH IT?? Michi I totally feel you.

I just hope Senpai could slowly change her fears about Aizawa. And I also hope they could figure out whatever this weird occult shit surrounding them. Including Aizawa because I don’t think she’s actually dead(?).

Fvwhfw_xoaawl_w
joined Feb 16, 2016

I love this series so much. Every panel is perfect

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Michi can see Honami. Sayaka can see Honami too, but she doesn't know she is a ghost. Both Michi and Honami know Sayaka can see the latter, but Honami does not know that Michi can see her. But now Sayaka is talking to Michi and Honami as if they're both there... There is so much going on, and poor Kasumi has no clue about any of it

joined Sep 28, 2017

Ok, I really loved this at first, but now it feels like it doesn't go anywhere. It looks like we've been stuck on the "le epic misunderstood" arc forever and the addition of more uninteresting characters doesn't help.
I'm way more interested on the mistery of the girl's cause of death, also I'd like to see more of her band partners.
I hope to this one can keep me interested since the premise is so good, but so far, I'm afrad I'll drop it in a couple of chapters or even less

joined Aug 21, 2017

"Hey, that on your neck- ... Is that from a show or something? I keep seeing it everywhere." Not ominous at all

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

And here I thought this manga forgot about that thingy on her back

joined Apr 16, 2022

Sayaka being a "no thoughts head empty" girl is such a brilliant twist I'm still in awe.

On another note...Honami literally never talking has gotta mean something, right? It's not a ghost thing, we've seen ghosts talk in this manga. And she certainly wasn't mute while she was alive, she had songs. If it turns out she's not actually dead, not a totally unreasonable prediction given how different she is from every other ghost in the manga so far, that has some potentially quite dark implications...

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

Ok, I really loved this at first, but now it feels like it doesn't go anywhere. It looks like we've been stuck on the "le epic misunderstood" arc forever and the addition of more uninteresting characters doesn't help.
I'm way more interested on the mistery of the girl's cause of death, also I'd like to see more of her band partners.
I hope to this one can keep me interested since the premise is so good, but so far, I'm afrad I'll drop it in a couple of chapters or even less

Wdym it feels like "it's not going anywhere" and addition of "more uninteresting characters"? Horimitsu and Micchi, who both can see ghosts, has just met and are now on speaking terms. Horimitsu can physically touch Aizawa, who's supposedly a ghost.

There's still some things to cover before we find any answers as to what happened with Aizawa. There's Micchi's childhood and those marks around the schools which is being reminded by this chapter.

If it turns out she's not actually dead, not a totally unreasonable prediction given how different she is from every other ghost in the manga so far, that has some potentially quite dark implications...

Like she got targetted by some kind of cult that uses ritualistic marks to imprison ghosts?

last edited at Jun 14, 2023 10:43PM

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

At last, we have contact! Michi's gonna have a lot harder time playing off Aizawa-san now, hehehe

joined Apr 16, 2022

If it turns out she's not actually dead, not a totally unreasonable prediction given how different she is from every other ghost in the manga so far, that has some potentially quite dark implications...

Like she got targetted by some kind of cult that uses ritualistic marks to imprison ghosts?

I was thinking something more like "her vocal cords got ripped out" but that works too

Satsuaki
joined Oct 9, 2021

But I also desperately need someone, preferably Michi, to enlighten her that she can fucking see the fucking dead.

It's hard to tell exactly what tone this manga will end up taking—pure fluffy comedy or mixing in more dangerous dramatic elements as it goes—but Sayaka is currently exposed to everything Michi fears and has no idea. They've really got to work that out.

There's an impressive web of misunderstandings between them but it's all on the thinnest ice. Sayaka could easily see Aizawa's idol goods and strike up a conversation that quickly leads to learning she's dead. Michi on the other hand thinks she can continue as normal, but there's an implication the mark is putting her in real danger which ignoring ghosts can't protect her from. At least she knows trusting Aizawa is an option now. I think she's still a little scared of Aizawa herself, and Aizawa did comically toss her around the room this chapter so it's understandable, but sooner or later Michi'll give in. The real question is how Aizawa reacts to learning her crush has seen her being all gay and dorky this whole time.

Since this is Kasumi and Sayaka's little side arc I don't expect big revelations next chapter, but 12 should be the end of the volume and maybe that's when we'll see things start to move. Dorothy did say upcoming chapters would investigate the strange circumstances of Aizawa's death and the special connection Michi and Aizawa have, both of which are hard to get into without Michi interacting with the girl.

This reminds me that Kasumi mentioned she has interacted with Michi before the story began, I'm really curious to see what went down and why Michi doesn't seem to remember it.

I even went back and checked the raws and Michi cleanly states she hasn't spoken with anyone in class since school started, so yeah it feels like setup. Whether Michi got possessed or it was just some passing words that meant a lot more to Kasumi and Michi totally forgot. They are cute together, the way Kasumi looks after Michi, and she's one of the softest characters I've translated which is a fun change of pace.

I don't think Aizawa would be happy with Michi ending up with anyone else (she's a very possessive spirit) but maybe right now she feels like things between her and Michi are impossible. Meanwhile Michi seems to be the most skittish member of the cast towards anything romantic, but I like the detail that, when she imagines talking to Aizawa she's unconsciously touching her too.

On another note...Honami literally never talking has gotta mean something, right? It's not a ghost thing, we've seen ghosts talk in this manga. And she certainly wasn't mute while she was alive, she had songs. If it turns out she's not actually dead, not a totally unreasonable prediction given how different she is from every other ghost in the manga so far, that has some potentially quite dark implications...

Important to note that even in flashbacks she never speaks. Which I think is just for dramatic flair and not indicative of any condition she had while alive, but it hammers in the point that Aizawa is mute. And it was very deliberate to show us other ghosts can talk. Getting Aizawa's voice back or finding out why she can't speak will probably be a major part of the plot later.

Every time a new chapter is translated, I come here to write that this manga is CRAZY GOOD.

I fear I'm becoming repetitive and boring.

I don't know how it is for other scanlators, but with all the time it takes typesetting manga, I drive myself crazy with every wild thought bouncing around my head. A lot of the time I lose all perspective on the chapter since anything gets stale when you've read it 20 times. So I always appreciate every comment and reaction, no matter how meaningless they might seem. And writing out big walls of text helps detox my brain.

C4u8pkcuoaauccv
joined Oct 31, 2018

ayo, nice

Oip%20(2)
joined Nov 8, 2021

Awwww, my heart is broken :(

joined Aug 21, 2017

AYO? This makes Sayaka's reaction in ch. 8+9 (the nurse's office scene) make way more sense.

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

This is turning out to be a really cool series. Yes it totally makes sense now. Can Michi just acknowledge Aizawa already!

joined Apr 15, 2013

This is a great series. I'm looking forward to seeing the world and characters get more time as the series goes on.

Satsuaki
joined Oct 9, 2021

Did not see that reveal coming even though I probably should have. I'm so used to manga dancing around the idea instead of committing straight away, even with a side couple. And it gives me hope Michi and Aizawa's relationship will get serious at some point too.

Cute how, after unlocking the power to touch Michi, Aizawa keeps doing it after. Holding onto her arm, hiding behind her when Kasumi comes up, shoving Michi into Kasumi's arms (and looking adorably conflicted about it), resting her chin on Michi's shoulder at the end. Hopefully this ghost gets extra clingy. Hopefully it's not a bad thing her powers are evolving by the chapter.

Dorothy confirmed this is the end of Kasumi's arc for now, and ch12 will be the end of volume 2, so my guess is Michi's about to run out of excuses ignoring the mark on her neck. It's been a while since we had any serious supernatural or horror moments. Also I imagine Michi's now going to be even more suspicious about the kiss instead of trying to forget it.

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Forget acting like a couple,THEY ARE A COUPLE!

And nothing says a good relationship then a lot of violence against the dumber of the pair.

Possibly loud enough for the whole school to hear!

Now all they need to do is acknowledge their troublesome fairy once and for all.

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

Bruh the Kasumi x micchi sunk faster than the god dam titanic, well another

joined Jan 11, 2014

Sayaka and Kasumi? Le gasp.

joined Jul 8, 2020

Oh, i always knew it would be sayaka kasumi, but they ALREADY dating? good for them good for them

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

"if you're dating senpai then why did you kiss me?"

joined Jul 8, 2019

plot twist: EVERYONE can see her yet thinks to be the only one able,

last edited at Jul 17, 2023 5:37AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.