Forum › I Wish Her Love Could Come True discussion

slowwovensleeper
Untitled%20(5)
joined Jun 20, 2018

i hope she kills him

joined Mar 18, 2023

holy shit,this is definitely a “yuri story“ written by shoujo author,i havent felt so violated in years since reading a manga.

Sono.hanabira.ni.kuchizuke.o.-.atelier.no.koibito-tachi.full.1462399_avartar
joined May 28, 2015

I didn't say anything about "deserve." Nobody deserves to be sexually assaulted. But that scene establishes both the tone for this manga (that is, that it will contain sexual assault and molestation) and context for Yoh's character (that she's arguably no better than Ren and she knows it).

Don't phrase like you did ! Saying that Yoh isn't "clean here" just imply that her being molested is just pure Karma.
She did it to her friend, so if someone did it to her, we shouldn't be sad for her because she's not better...

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

Uh this is a dumb one. Not wanting the toxic dude to tell people he likes her so her friend doesn't find out what a douche he is is plain horrible writing. What the hell kind of friend would let someone continue to like someone this horrible. Horrible writing excuse to make secret scenes between the 2 characters to make it "hotter" and to have more artificial drama. This is the completely wrong demograph to be putting that in a story meant to be yuri.

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Well, that's kind of Yoh's personality -- it's even what the title of the manga is about. She's very self-sacrificing for Misa's sake, we saw that in earlier chapters too, albeit not to this extent. It's over the top and melodramatic but not outside the bounds of believability imo

There's self sacrificing and there's allowing yourself to be sexually assaulted on the regular because you're scared your crush might have hurt feelings. Idk if I'd call that just melodrama honestly.

Technically all she agreed to was just joining the student council. Putting herself in close proximity to Ren is certainly a bad idea but "getting sexually assaulted on the regular" wasn't her plan.

May not be her plan but he does it to her multiple times and this all happens before she accepts this deal... Then she wants to support her friend's push to be in a relationship with this same sexual assaulter. So, she intends to put both of them in harms way in order to prevent her friend from losing her crush, who is fine with forcing himself on women? The only way this makes sense is if the author thinks what this guy is doing is just "boy's being boys." The characters are acting like all of this is nothing serious.

last edited at Jun 24, 2023 4:56PM

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

I kinda wish they'd have held off on uploading this chapter until other chapters that weren't incredibly frustrating dubcon hetero shoujo annoyingness could be uploaded with it

Also, for those confused and upset at the events of the manga, note the publisher and furthermore the magazine this was published in. If we don't get a very strong turnaround into yuri territory after the "volume 2 milestone" (viability benchmark for long term publishing) it's safe to say it's completely worthless.

last edited at Jun 24, 2023 5:01PM

BaglReadsTheYuri
Ezgif.com-gif-maker
joined Sep 14, 2022

I spent a while writing up some comments on how bad this is but scrapped them in the end because I don't really see a point in just yelling vitriol at the void. The worst thing about this, and I think the thing that makes me so bothered, is that this plot could be so well written. It could have nuanced characters and an actual story but instead we just have braindead characters following bad tropes without any reason. Also having read a summary of how this goes... holy shit it really is just trash all the way.

Welp I've had my catharsis writing this, good luck the rest of you who keep trekking on with this one

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

Ah, I got around to checking the author's Twitter...
The manga is 3 volumes and they have it in their bio, which means they're not ashamed of how trite this is. They also retweeted the same gravure mag like twenty times.

Yep, absolute drop material. Unless you happen to have a superpower activated by negative emotions, don't bother.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

As Nya-chan says, this author's other work seems to be borderline hentai. This appears to be an attempt at "straight" (as it were) yuri by someone with nasty troping habits who actually has no idea how yuri works.

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

Not even early 2010 yuri were this shitty. Definitely dropping this lmaoo

joined Apr 16, 2022

I didn't say anything about "deserve." Nobody deserves to be sexually assaulted. But that scene establishes both the tone for this manga (that is, that it will contain sexual assault and molestation) and context for Yoh's character (that she's arguably no better than Ren and she knows it).

Don't phrase like you did ! Saying that Yoh isn't "clean here" just imply that her being molested is just pure Karma.

I apologize for being unclear. But I also don't appreciate being accused of condoning sexual assault. I think it's fair to expect to be read charitably.

May not be her plan but he does it to her multiple times and this all happens before she accepts this deal... Then she wants to support her friend's push to be in a relationship with this same sexual assaulter. So, she intends to put both of them in harms way in order to prevent her friend from losing her crush, who is fine with forcing himself on women? The only way this makes sense is if the author thinks what this guy is doing is just "boy's being boys." The characters are acting like all of this is nothing serious.

I don't really agree that the characters are treating it as nothing serious. Yoh very vocally hates Ren. Ren is treating it as a joke, but that's because his life has taught him that he can get whatever he wants and he probably perceives Yoh as actually liking him and that she's just being shy/tsundere. I feel like a lot of readers are also perceiving her this way, but we haven't been shown that; so far, her hatred is 100% serious. It may very well end up a "boys being boys" thing in future chapters but that's not set in stone yet.

Again, we need to put Yoh's actions in context of her self-hatred as well as her actions in chapter 1. I don't believe that her being molested is "pure karma" -- but Yoh might. If she doesn't perceive Ren's actions as worth raising a stink over, it's because she thinks she doesn't deserve to have people fuss over and worry about her. Her actions and emotions are illogical because she's a lonely teenager.

joined Sep 16, 2019

Ah, I love antiquated shoujo tropes :)

(I hope she pushes him into incoming traffic)

JenderBlender
joined Nov 3, 2021

Also, for those confused and upset at the events of the manga, note the publisher and furthermore the magazine this was published in. If we don't get a very strong turnaround into yuri territory after the "volume 2 milestone" (viability benchmark for long term publishing) it's safe to say it's completely worthless.

Was reading a Yuri blog about this series and apparently it was originally submitted as a Shoujo story but turned down do to the presence of lesbianism? The Yuri magazines similarly turned it down because the story was too dude focused, so it ended up in a Shonen magazine.

joined Aug 20, 2022

I think it's best if Ren's reputation gets destroyed (or Yoh just straight up kills him idc), and Yoh goes into the mountains to train. She's got a good punching arm already. She'll emerge from the wilderness years later as one of the world's greatest martial artists, and then ask Misaki for forgiveness.

But that's not going to happen in this manga, so I'm dropping it.

Alan%20pequeno
joined Jun 20, 2022

I was about to drop this because of how stupid Yoh was, but then she punched this asshole and won me back, but now she acting stupid again so I will only come back when this is over and that's only if she even ends up with Misa. I do NOT need more Aaaaaangst in my life lol

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Uuuh this kinda sucks it would be cool if it was good kind of terrible this is bad even as a shoujo but student council be like

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

Was reading a Yuri blog about this series and apparently it was originally submitted as a Shoujo story but turned down do to the presence of lesbianism? The Yuri magazines similarly turned it down because the story was too dude focused, so it ended up in a Shonen magazine.

The way NOBODY wants this story is so fucking funny to me

joined Jun 11, 2016

seriously, both shoujo and yuri turned this trash down, it's amazing lol

honestly, I wish Dynasty Scans would just take this series down. It's insulting to both the yuri and shoujo genre.

smirkingtyrant
Dog%20me
joined Oct 3, 2018

and ironically, some people think we should be thankful for getting any yuri manga or getting a f/f ending when love triangles occur with a het storyline like this but i really do want to stress something to anyone who reads this
there are subtle undertones in this manga that are deeply disturbing. (especially for wlw) that cold feeling in your stomach, that sickness of "wow, somehow, this male character makes me feel disgusting and wrong about something just by existing" its a strange phenomenon, but its not because you hate men and dont let anyone talk you into thinking that. its because this type of character has existed throughout history and is real. this type of man is part of why the world is the way it is today -

do some self-care after reading this manga if you do:

find some wholesome yuri manga where the taboo of same-sex love is not used as torture tool to milk your emotions, you deserve more than that and lets be honest

THESE GIRLS AINT EVEN HOT ENOUGH FOR THIS TO BE WORTH IT

drops mic

last edited at Jun 24, 2023 11:51PM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

That punch wasn't nearly satisfying enough, gonna need something on this level to break even

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

Babe, keep sleeping, new chapter of "Lesbians don't exist, they just haven't met the right man yet" just dropped!

last edited at Jun 25, 2023 1:38AM

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

What's more entertaining?

Reading a love triangle where one character is naively oblivious to it all,one is an emotional wreck who can't get their crap straight,and the third is the crafty,pushy,overtly optimistic fella you can find pretty often in shoujo comics where that is apparently seen as the.."bad boy" types?,who is reaping in all the benefits,masochistically even.

Or.

The pointless bloody typing of plenty of lesbian comic elitists debating over...several things,from what I skimmed over,due to the mere presence of the crafty one,with nearly every topic under the Sun and in deepest darkest depths of the human mind being a viable argumentative point.

Well,time to grab some healthy popcorn as I wait to see how they overcome their own fallacies,both in the comic and here in these comical trenches.

joined Sep 9, 2022

seriously, both shoujo and yuri turned this trash down, it's amazing lol

honestly, I wish Dynasty Scans would just take this series down. It's insulting to both the yuri and shoujo genre.

Summary: this is a very bad written story that the author made, who tried to pleased 2 different fanbase but have 0 senses and knowledge how these genre works.

In short, it's a chimera garbage which failed ugly in merging phase.

Phpcmgiip_c2pm
joined Dec 14, 2016

Babe, keep sleeping, new chapter of "Lesbians don't exist, they just haven't met the right man yet" just dropped!

Sadly I don't even think it's that. The author just needed drama and this was their go to given what they did in that previous chapter.

last edited at Jun 25, 2023 2:09AM

Torako-okay4
joined Oct 17, 2017

I hope Yoh slits that dude's throat. I'll never know because I can't stand this trash anymore

To reply you must either login or sign up.