Forum › The Big Stepsis Who Wants to Be a Big Sister vs. The Little Stepsis Who Wants to Be Yuri discussion

8a9
joined Feb 7, 2018

Wowie that's some great parenting, re-marrying and then just fucking off lmao

Nocontext2
joined Oct 4, 2022

From a yuri point of view, it's excellent parenting.

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

While this is amusing, it will take a lot of effort to continue this gimmick unless it waters down a bit. Regardless I'm curious to see more. I do enjoy this type of "dumb" comedy.

Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

From a yuri point of view, it's excellent parenting.

I mean, so many Yuri stories have one of the two love interests living alone that it makes me question if this isn't just super common in Japan. Teenagers living on their own seems crazy to me outside of stories and getting kicked out of your house by shitty parents.

joined Apr 16, 2022

Kids in general have a lot more independence in Japan than they do in (most) Western countries, possibly due to a combination of the low crime rate and ubiquity of public transportation. Apparently about 5% of Japanese teenagers live alone; this article gives additional context.

Sufficient Agony
03e[1]
joined Jan 31, 2021

What are you doing step-sis!?

Img_20220602_141642-min%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)
joined Feb 5, 2020

oh goodie, citrus but actually cute and funny.
runs away before a mob lynches me

Dumshork
joined Mar 19, 2022

I need to know who started this surprise marriage and sibling trope so I know who to blame for such nonsensical manga beginnings. I've lost count of how many times authors have just glossed over something so incredibly strange when a few text bubbles of backstory would have sufficed. Can they just not be bothered to create a scenario that might actually happen, or is this trope just so ingrained that they don't even consider how ludicrous it is?

Pointless rant finished. Actual story is cute, though. Looking forward to this.

last edited at Oct 12, 2022 10:05PM

joined May 29, 2022

Very cute and wholesome ~

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

When I hear the name "Kafka" I think of the Arknights character.

I need to know who started this surprise marriage and sibling trope so I know who to blame for such nonsensical manga beginnings. I've lost count of how many times authors have just glossed over something so incredibly strange when a few text bubbles of backstory would have sufficed. Can they just not be bothered to create a scenario that might actually happen, or is this trope just so ingrained that they don't even consider how ludicrous it is?

Pointless rant finished. Actual story is cute, though. Looking forward to this.

I swear to God, it actually happens in real life too! My dad remarried after dating a chick he went to highschool with—after three days. They. Dated. For. Three. Days. I met her at the wedding. Ten years later, they're still together, but toxic enough to drive everyone else away. I didn't even get a cute sister out of it, just some dude that does meth. Hah.

Ce1
joined Apr 11, 2016

Side note: Who tf names their daughter kafka

A Kaiju #8 fan

Misunderstanding, Step incest, a pervert/stalker... yup, the basic premise for a quick cheap laugh.

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

A Kaiju #8 fan

Misunderstanding, Step incest, a pervert/stalker... yup, the basic premise for a quick cheap laugh.

I really don't think a remarriage plot even qualifies as "incest" of any kind, unless the characters spend at least couple years as step-siblings first without romantic feelings. Equal to joining a school club and meeting a new crush, just this time it is forced by your parents.

It's just one plot device that can be used to put two strangers in same space, so they run into each other often and have to interact.

last edited at Oct 13, 2022 1:15AM

joined Jan 14, 2020

Citrus: the father runs off right after marriage.

This: both parents run off right after marriage.

Mwah.

joined Mar 25, 2015

It’s kind of funny but Kafka (Kafuka) is a much cuter-sounding name in Japanese...It is reminiscent of fuka-fuka meaning fluffy

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Wait, can someone explain me what happened to chapter 4? I see all the others are available online (japanese). Was it taken down? Why?

joined Mar 8, 2020

Wait, can someone explain me what happened to chapter 4? I see all the others are available online (japanese). Was it taken down? Why?

It was removed because the period to read it free ended (tho currently there is nowhere to find it, since there is no volume either yet), probably gonna happen with chapter 5 too when the next chapter get published, comic pixiv have a period of time were you can read them and then they get removed, but usually only tend to affect middle chapters, since is a reason so you go buy the volume

(a thing in alot of these publishing websites, keep first few and last few, and all in middle is gone or paid only)

last edited at Oct 13, 2022 4:16AM

Noeek
joined Mar 17, 2015

Poor one-chan, thinks is being ridiculed and is at the danger of being assaulted while asleep.
Cute stuff thoug, maybe the dinamic changes a little latter on.

Thanks for the scanlation and hosting.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

It was removed because the period to read it free ended (tho currently there is nowhere to find it, since there is no volume either yet), probably gonna happen with chapter 5 too when the next chapter get published, comic pixiv have a period of time were you can read them and then they get removed, but usually only tend to affect middle chapters, since is a reason so you go buy the volume

(a thing in alot of these publishing websites, keep first few and last few, and all in middle is gone or paid only)

Pretty much. Also Comic Pixiv doesn't really have a paywall option for out of circulation chapters, and as far I can tell this series isn't on any other manga services, so unless someone had it saved, it's pretty much gone until we get a tankobon release.
The plot for chapter 4, assuming we end up skipping it for the sake of staying caught up with the RAWs, is Shio and Kafka walking to school and Kafka trying to get that handholding action.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

So, is this Kafka-esque?

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

oh goodie, citrus but actually cute and funny.
runs away before a mob lynches me

What's there to Lynch? Citrus isn't meant to be cute ir funny

I could lynch you for the weak connection though

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

A Kaiju #8 fan

I really don't think a remarriage plot even qualifies as "incest" of any kind, unless the characters spend at least couple years as step-siblings first without romantic feelings. Equal to joining a school club and meeting a new crush, just this time it is forced by your parents.

It's just one plot device that can be used to put two strangers in same space, so they run into each other often and have to interact.

+1

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I think of Kefka Palazzo

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

Heh, the premise of this reminds me of an argument I had a while back with someone who thinks relationships between step siblings are wrong regardless of the context around the relationship. This premise was basically a "what if" example I came up with and they still considered it wrong.

You should've asked them what if two (unrelated) people get married, and then their parents get married afterwards. Are they now morally required to divorce?

I'd rather not find myself in that type of argument again, but if I do I'll keep this example in mind.

If I remember correctly the only proper way to resolve such a situation is to arm each spouse with a large hard-bound bible and force them to duel to the death by bludgeoning each other's brains out.

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

I think of Kefka Palazzo

The lack of despair has me in despair.

To reply you must either login or sign up.