Forum › A "small" topic for video games

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

^
I was expecting a remake of gaiden or something like that neat surprise! I think the blond guy is the main lord? Looks like the MyUnit system is back I guess its staying 3 games in a row they have feet! ; not many new games but we got the launch dates finally time to start breaking pots and cutting grass!

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

they have feet!

Jesus Christ how horrifying! I was too caught up in the awesome battle transitions to notice this abomination

last edited at Jan 14, 2015 6:16PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

A bit off-topic, anyone watches any Lets Plays from ppl on youtube?

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Mostly just Hellfire Comms and Brainscratch, also got Game Grumps subscribed but i haven't watch anything from them for quite some time, only check out when something interesting appears

When it comes to gaming youtube dudes i prefer the reviewers stuff, like Gaming Brit, Matthewmatosis, Some Call Me Johnny and what-not

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

BSC and their friends(clementj642 etc) and I think versus counts? whenever the hell they upload crap. Not many let's players actually but I also watch Game theory, gamexplain, cr1t1cal, cinemasins, Team4star and other random news stuff.

I forgot to mention that metroid prime trilogy will be available online finally...I have all three...hm....

Series: SonoHana Pairing: Eris x Shizuku

pixiv
there's a lot of sonohana fan-art cool.

last edited at Jan 14, 2015 10:01PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I am subbed to Game Grumps but I only watch specific stuff (like currently only the Pokemon playthrough).

Two Best Friends Play, I am religiosuly watching all they make, even podcasts. They have a certain way of referencing old and sometimes obscure movies, also a lot of anime and japanese stuff... Their jokes are usually referencing to all that or previous jokes, they kinda got a "lore" thing going on with their members and it's kinda hard to get into unless you have some sort of guide telling you where to start.

Others: SeaNanners (hilarious 3min videos each day), FRANKIEonPCin1080p, Birgipall, Criken.

Reviewers/analysis/info: Extra Credits (informative, learn a lot from them), Game Thoery, TotalBiscuit, PBG, Jontron, Mathewmatosis, AngryJoe, Egoraptor, Miracle of Sound (high quality songs about games, dude is so good), and VaatiVidya (who does the Dark Souls Lore videos).

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Only Two Best Friends i watched was their Beyond Two Souls playthrough, i actually own the game since my brother bought it but it was such a bore to go through that i decided to watch it with commentaries to keep me entertained
Was really good i must say, i have a thing for blind playthroughs and sometimes i go searching for some to see first time reactions to specific moments Who thought there were people in this world who didn't knew Kid Icarus Uprising goes beyond 9 chapters

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

Slowbeef & Diabetus for the riffing and ChipCheezum for high quality let's play + commentary

last edited at Jan 15, 2015 11:44AM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I forgot to give the FE trailer a pic of the day so...
Game: Fire Emblem(7/Blazing Sword) Platform: Gba/virtual console Pairing: Lyn x Florina
booru pixiv yay!!!! still hyped!

That ain't falco I can't believe I didn't post this earlier!
I don't watch too much youtube but sometimes I find this kind of things...that and random yugioh duels/decks. I love his Link video XD

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Series: Rockman Dash(legends) Pairing: Roll x Tron
devianart

So I got Alpha Sapphire yesterday...$hit I missed the mystery gift by ONE day I forgot all about it -_- is it any better than the one you get from Steven later?

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Last Pokemon I played was Emerald... Wow I really fell behind on so many of these Franchises of games...

Need to catch up on Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros, Pokemon and stuff...

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

DAMN IT FLIPS IF YOU'RE GONNA USE A BEAUTIFUL PIC AS YOUR AVATAR GIVE A WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dies
you can try the ds ones on the emulator well except for smash which you can probably try on stores
So GameXplain finally did the analysis of the games on the direct yay!

Series: Pokemon Pairing: Skyla x Elesa

pixiv

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

DAMN IT FLIPS IF YOU'RE GONNA USE A BEAUTIFUL PIC AS YOUR AVATAR GIVE A WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dies

Gotta love Mekimeki Oukoku art + NanoFate
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/innocent_dreamer#2

you can try the ds ones on the emulator well except for smash which you can probably try on stores

Some don't play so well through emulator without controlers :(

Anyways that new Fire Emblem + the latest released really are poking at me to get a 3DS.

Rsz_17544039_p0
joined Jul 19, 2014

Anyways that new Fire Emblem + the latest released really are poking at me to get a 3DS.

You and me both. Be sure to get the new 3ds model though, with new games using the new features like C-stick and new trigger buttons, the old 3ds can already be considered obsolete. From the trailer, the new FE sure looks damn good, not to mention it actually has FEET! WOW!
Here's hoping that the new FE game actually lets us marry yuri couples with science babies being an option. If Nintendo does that that, then damn, GOTY for me

Btw, be sure to check these games if you already got your 3ds :

-Shin Megami Tensei IV
-Bravely Default
-Bravely Second
-New Fire Emblem
-Rune Frontier 4
-Ace Attorney 5 Dual Destines
-Fire Emblem: Awakening
-Persona Q
-Monster Hunter 4
-Professor Layton VS Ace Attorney
-Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan
-Tales of the Abyss
-Conception
-Zelda
-Hatsune Miku Project Mirai
-One Piece Red
-Super Smash Bros
-Fantasy Life
-Ace Attorney: Ryuunosuke Naruhodo
-Pokemon X
-Xenoblade

last edited at Jan 18, 2015 12:17PM

Cat9
joined Dec 30, 2014

I love Frankie. Forget his whole name.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

So, Two Best Friends are doing a first-time playthrough of Super Mario RPG and they are putting in the video description parts of a story on each episode (in an overly-cliched anime style) of the meeting of Square and Nintendo to create such a game. Thought it was fun, so I kinda wanna share it here.

This is what it is so far, long copy paste:

Part 1
Once upon a time a young company by the name of Square-chan was running to school, toast clenched firmly in her mouth, when she happened to turn a corner and run flat into Nintendo-senpai. At the time, it was the most embarrassing moment of her life, but little did she know that this chance meeting would soon blossom into a wonderful video game.

Part 2
"Ah, yabai!" Square-chan yelped as she bounced off of Nintendo-senpai's muscular chest, feeling her face go beet red as she fell towards the pavement. She braced for the impact and shut her eyes, but to her surprise it never came. Nintendo-senpai had gripped her arm with his rugged hands, which were scarred from handling Nintendium at his Oyaji's local metalsmith. "A-a-a-a-arigatou, Nintendo-senpai..." she stuttered quietly. She was unsure whether or not he had heard it, but she didn't mind either way, wanting nothing more than to get out of the situation at hand.

Part 3
Realizing she was still staring at her feet, Square-chan slowly brought her gaze up to meet his and noticed that Nintendo-senpai, in an incredible show of dexterity, had managed to catch Square-chan's wayward toast in his mouth. She watched as he took a bite of it, then handed it back to her, with a curt "Thanks for the grub." He flipped on his signature aviator glasses as he spun around, casually holding his schoolbag over his shoulder with one hand, and continued his walk towards school without even missing a beat. Square-chan would have been extremely impressed with how mad cool he was, but she was caught in a new predicament; the only way to eat her toast involved an indirect kiss with Nintendo-senpai. A kiss with the Ouji of North Nippon High.

Part 4
As Square-chan approached the school gates she held in her hand the very corner of her toast. All that was left was a tiny chunk that she had carefully nibbled around, in order to avoid any uncouth interactions with the area Nintendo-senpai had bitten. "What am I supposed to do with this...?", she muttered to herself, considering the insanity of hanging on to a piece of bread. Before she could fully parse the thought, her best tomodachi, Treasure-san had appeared alongside her. "OHAYO, SQUARE-CHAN!" she yelled, hoping to get a rise out of the young kabushiki gaisha. "What's that you've got there?" Treasure-san inquired. "N-n-nothing! Nothing at all" Square-chan cried out, as she quickly hid the toast in her lucky thigh highs. "It wouldn't happen to be a gift from Nintendo-senpai, would it?" Treasure-san asked, with an impish grin forming on her face, "I saw the whole thing back there. He's pretty slick, huh? So what are you actually going to do with that?"

Part 5
"Oh, errr, you saw that?" Square-chan whispered to Treasure-san, blushing furiously. "Yep, from beginning to end! Now, I don't know what kind of girl would shove used toast down her leggings, but you must like him somethin' fierce if you're doing that, huh?" Square-chan sighed and looked up towards her friend, "I-I like how much of a hard worker he is... managing to keep a handheld and a console going at the same time, e-even after he messed up with that Virtual... thing... he jumped right back into the race! There just aren't really many guys like that around, you know? A-a-and his aviator glasses g-give me the vapours..." she trailed off towards the end, but Treasure-san had heard all she needed to know. "You need to make a game with him!" she exclaimed. "A g-g-g-game? No, I barely know him, I-I can't just g-g-go making games with people like that... I need to start small...". Treasure-san sighed, "Look, I'll talk to Sega-dono, I'm sure I can get him to make Nintendo-senpai notice you. He and I just made some games, after all. It'll be cake!" Treasure-san affirmed, pumping her arm with a grin. Square-chan yelped and blushed even furiouser and furiouser "Ch-ch-chotto matte, Treasure-san! You can't just tell me about you and Sega-done making g-g-g-g-..." She couldn't even bring herself to say it, her mind cluttered with images of no longer being able to marry. "He loves it when I do the Seven Force!" Treasure-chan whispered slyly, before running off towards the school. As Square-chan trailed behind, chest tightened at the thought of Treasure-san helping her out with Nintendo-senpai. It felt like a milestone was being reached. She recited some beautiful haiku or something.

END OF 「SPARKING! TOAST OF LOVING ARC」

last edited at Jan 18, 2015 5:03PM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

@flips: geeet oooooooonnnnnnnnneeeeeee! geeeeeet iiiiit! xD. And yeah that's a story...lol.

@FrostBite92: I don't think they'll drop the the 3ds yet maybe in a few years or never, hope the new FE is not "new" 3ds exclusive hah...I doubt they'll add yuri pairings/magical babies I mean they didn't do it with Tharja the dark mage.
I'd add and remove games in your list but not like it matters since there's so many good games on the thing.

Btw is Codename Steam really going to be ignore by everyone? :/ that's sad I think I'll get it.

Series: Bayonetta Pairing: Bayonetta x Jeanne
pixiv

last edited at Jan 18, 2015 11:45PM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Alright, so after finally playing Smash Tour with 3 players i can definitively say that Smash Run is the better mode to play through... ....But Smash Tour is an infinitely better multiplayer! It's a shame so many people hated it though but i guess my opinion on it is kinda unbiased, after all i'm the type who plays Command Board to death in Birth by Sleep and plays 50 turns in Mario Party
I fucking love board games! Especially board game

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

^ Smash tour is not terrible but it's kinda BS if you play it alone. I like board games but only if I got 2-3 ppl around.

I dunno how many ppl played this but the game kinda sucks the soundtrack however is great some songs were kinda just remixes of this game but they really rock ps1 may not have good dbz games(legends is kinda fun) but at least the music is good, Final bout has a lot of fan service in terms of the voice acting(characters have a small dialog before the fight and they reference dbz moments) and I love it both games only redeeming quality haha.

Series: Atelier series: Arland Trilogy Pairing: Mimi x Totori
pixiv
I'm taking a small break from this just a couple of days :p

last edited at Jan 20, 2015 12:11AM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Why hello there song with the chick that Sawano Hiroyuki carries around in every single work of his, when did you get this full version and why haven't i heard of it!?

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

So, this guy I found through a Game Grumps Audio Remix does songs by remixing dialogues and sounds of games.

Cool stuff, some I liked:

Resident Evil series:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJlPFipyykA
Glorious! xD

Metal Gear Rising Revengeance:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmiozOex48A

Dark Souls:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hoFZaIMmF0
Weird but catchy.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

incest canon in a jrpg (het, i'm sorry...) ? Legend of heroes: trial in the sky,
what a game!, i wish i can play early the continuation (or read a fan-work, maybe with yuri variations)

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I'm back now...I'm so tired but had a lot of fun, me and my buddy beat Smash wiiu coop event(all hard mode ugh) and other coop stuff, adventure mode in hyrule warriors just missing the more annoying skulltulas and we played a bunch of other things like timesplitters 2.

@lucamarte: I'll leave this here just for you xD, I tried that game but didn't get very far...I don't think they are actually siblings but I could be wrong it's been a long time.

Repeat pairings today I'm tired haha.
Lucina x Palutena pixiv 5 pages
Eri x Fio pixiv 2 versions one is NSFW

last edited at Jan 26, 2015 11:24PM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Was kind of weird that the first picture on that first link were two pickachus cosplaying as Lucina and Palutena.

Very cute the remaining of the art though.

This topic has been locked.